Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2021, 07:00 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Its worse. Dozens on here are celebrating it........
Only the progressives.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:03 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonM View Post
Shrugs. Who cares anymore? Maybe 10 months ago this woman’s death would have surprised me but after seeing last summers endless acts of violence, I am numb to these news stories. That says a lot about the news too, because they have to continually broadcast more and more potent awful news. The news is like a drug now. The potency of their news keeps becoming a stronger and worse fix every day.
Well said. I've gotten pretty jaded to all of the political violence over the past year. It's gotten tedious.

Fortunately the chances of it happening in my locale are extremely minimal.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:07 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
We are outraged at the terrorists who tried to overthrow the government on Wednesday.
Oh, stop it.

If they had "tried to overthrow the government", they would have gone armed. They would have stayed in the building and fought all attempts to remove them.

The hypocrisy is mind blowing.

Barricade police officers and staff in a building, then set fire to it? You're a hero.

Lay claim to public and private property, and fight off law enforcement when they try and remove you? You're a hero.

Fire projectiles and fireworks at officers attempting to remove you from public and private property? You're a hero.

Shine lasers into the eyes of officers attempting to remove you from public and private property? You're a hero.

Occupy public and private property for months? You're a hero.

If you're arrested for rioting, but it's a cause that the left agrees with, you will have your charges dropped, your bail paid by government officials, and you will be back again to destroy public and private property. If you don't see the double standard, you're the problem.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:10 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It is not your building to destroy and AFAIK BLM and Antifa have never broken into the US Capitol after erecting a gallows in front of it
But they did destroy federal property, and lay claim to it for weeks.

In that case, the left shrieked that the President had no right to send in federal law enforcement to protect federal property. They called him a tyrant, a dictator and equated him to Hitler.

Stop with the double standard.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:32 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, stop it.

If they had "tried to overthrow the government", they would have gone armed. ...
Many were armed.

They used violence to gain access.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:15 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Many were armed.

They used violence to gain access.
Even NYT and CNN have noted there were no known armed trespassers in the Capitol building. One assumes they mean firearms since, of course, even shoes can be used as weapons. No reports of any assaults by the trespassers in the Capitol building either .

The one gun shot, obviously, was from the one cop who fired a single shot and killed the unarmed female trespasser in the Capitol building. (Since several heavily armed cops were five feet behind her, this particular shooter will have some explaining to do.)

Since the building was closed to the general public due to Covid rules, those who gained illegal entry will be subject to trespassing charges (some may even face property damage and theft charges on top of that.)

The "coup" and "armed insurrection" and "violent revolutionaries" descriptors are typical media hype.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
This Capitol officer has some explaining to do.
He should just use the tried and true explanation that is the underlying ethos of the Thin Blue Line.

"I was in fear for my life. Why didn't she just comply?"

Old 01-09-2021, 09:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's what I heard after the initial footage came out.

She wasn't a threat to life. It was a knee jerk shot imo. I haven't heard of her brandishing any weapons.

I only want those charged with the destruction of property like the breaking of windows and door name tags, things like that. The useful idiot who admitted doing things in Pelosi's office. Walking around and breaching the fence isn't a big deal to me in comparison. A fine I guess.
Was she looking for a bathroom?

Old 01-09-2021, 09:30 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, stop it.

If they had "tried to overthrow the government", they would have gone armed. They would have stayed in the building and fought all attempts to remove them.

The hypocrisy is mind blowing.

Barricade police officers and staff in a building, then set fire to it? You're a hero.

Lay claim to public and private property, and fight off law enforcement when they try and remove you? You're a hero.

Fire projectiles and fireworks at officers attempting to remove you from public and private property? You're a hero.

Shine lasers into the eyes of officers attempting to remove you from public and private property? You're a hero.

Occupy public and private property for months? You're a hero.

If you're arrested for rioting, but it's a cause that the left agrees with, you will have your charges dropped, your bail paid by government officials, and you will be back again to destroy public and private property. If you don't see the double standard, you're the problem.
Do you possess an inability to view pictures that were taken of the terrorists carrying guns?

Old 01-09-2021, 09:43 AM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Just like using a counterfeit $20 doesn’t justify 4 officers strangling a man?
You mean cops should just let criminals go when they don't want to be arrested? Genius!

Why didn't criminals think of this easy loophole sooner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies