Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 02:23 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Timothy McVeigh was a Gulf War veteran.

Just sayin'.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:37 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,995 times
Bludgeoning a Cop to death with a fire extinguisher doing his job defending our Capitol is unjustified.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:42 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm sure you are consistent and think all the BLM and antifa rioters should've been subject to being ambush shot from behind windows . You have zero evidence that Ashli assaulted or intended to assault and harm anyone. She was just trespassing on public property.
I am. Read my many posts about the racist BLM and Antifa thugs. Should they all have been shot? No, but if they had been while rioting, looting or attacking police, I would have been ok with it. In short if they had been doing what that deranged woman had been doing.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:32 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I am. Read my many posts about the racist BLM and Antifa thugs. Should they all have been shot? No, but if they had been while rioting, looting or attacking police, I would have been ok with it. In short if they had been doing what that deranged woman had been doing.
She climbed on to a door window. Either police are scot-free to shoot unarmed women from a distance or they are not. None of this double standards stuff for conservatives and white individuals. Either you can shoot dead any and all unarmed people acting disorderly from a distant with impunity or you cannot. I know you don't have one standard because you have said someone like Arbery can bash someone in the head repeatedly and attempt to take their gun away putting them at risk of death and he can't be justifiably shot.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:00 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
If you agree with the police shooting an unarmed woman over a broken window in the Capitol building, then the next time BLM & leftists protest...if they break a window, then we or the police have the right to shoot them in the face? Is that what you're saying?
I think more BLM rioters should have gone to jail and CHAZ/CHOP should have been torn down sooner, but nothing they did compares to what the "patriots" did at the Capitol, and Ashli Babbit was one of the worst of the bunch.

She got shot while climbing through a window of the House Chamber hallway.There were members of our government in that hallway, and more in the House Chamber beyond. The police officer's job was to protect the members of Congress. What did you expect him to do? High-five Ashli? How was he to know if she was unarmed?

Ashli Babbit attacked our government and got what she deserved. Why are you trying to turn her into a martyr?

Quote:
Nothing will stop us…. they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours….dark to light.

Ashli Babbit

Old 01-12-2021, 04:01 AM

5,056 posts, read 3,957,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Bludgeoning a Cop to death with a fire extinguisher doing his job defending our Capitol is unjustified.
Two things can be wrong at the same time.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
So the woman who was trespassing, breaking and entering onto federal property, and was out to harm the congresspeople is the one I am supposed to be sorry for? She Got what she deserved 100 percent. The secret service person should get a medal for doing his job and protecting the congressmen/congresswomen. Sad some people are trying to make Ashli Babbitt into the victim.
She was unarmed and the situation was in hand. (It may be the shooter was unaware of that.) She was shot dead by the only shot fired that day.

Of course there is an investigation of the shooting.

Folks are having a difficult time thinking of another example of an unarmed woman deliberately shot dead at close range in broad daylight by a cop. Under any circumstances. Doesn’t necessarily mean it is unjustified or the result of a mixup beyond the control of the shooter (we’ll wait for the investigation).

Old 01-12-2021, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
I think more BLM rioters should have gone to jail and CHAZ/CHOP should have been torn down sooner, but nothing they did compares to what the "patriots" did at the Capitol, and Ashli Babbit was one of the worst of the bunch.

She got shot while climbing through a window of the House Chamber hallway.There were members of our government in that hallway, and more in the House Chamber beyond. The police officer's job was to protect the members of Congress. What did you expect him to do? High-five Ashli? How was he to know if she was unarmed?

Ashli Babbit attacked our government and got what she deserved. Why are you trying to turn her into a martyr?
You act as if leftists haven't confronted Republican Congressmembers, yelled at them, go to their homes in mobs etc. I guess security should shoot them dead when they walk toward our precious Congressmembers. You act as if attack a police officer isn't the attacking of a government official. All she's known to have done is follow a crowd into the capitol and climb on to a door window,

Old 01-12-2021, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
She was unarmed and the situation was in hand. (It may be the shooter was unaware of that.) She was shot dead by the only shot fired that day.

Of course there is an investigation of the shooting.

Folks are having a difficult time thinking of another example of an unarmed woman deliberately shot dead at close range in broad daylight by a cop. Under any circumstances. Doesn’t necessarily mean it is unjustified or the result of a mixup beyond the control of the shooter (we’ll wait for the investigation).
To be frank there's been many bad police shootings where the person shot is white and by black officers too, many more than there are black victims. Just like this one, the media pretty much downplays it and buries it. And the public usually doesn't seem to care at all about white person being killed even an unarmed woman.. Usually the officer doesn't seem to face repercussions. Although the Justin Diamond case was a rare exception, the officer was convicted.

What irks me to no end is we've been subjected to years of rioting and social recriminations over black assailants attacking and being shot by police. And here we have a bad shooting, and we're told it's fine and dandy. It's just ridiculous. The double standards, dishonesty and hypocrisy is just off the charts.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
To be frank there's been many bad police shootings where the person shot is white and by black officers too, many more than there are black victims. Just like this one, the media pretty much downplays it and buries it. And the public usually doesn't seem to care at all about white person being killed even an unarmed woman.. Usually the officer doesn't seem to face repercussions. Although the Justin Diamond case was a rare exception, the officer was convicted.

What irks me to no end is we've been subjected to years of rioting and social recriminations over black assailants attacking and being shot by police. And here we have a bad shooting, and we're told it's fine and dandy. It's just ridiculous. The double standards, dishonesty and hypocrisy is just off the charts.
Not only is it a highly questionable (and highly unusual) shooting of an unarmed the media has staunchly protected the identity of the shooter. That is never the case when we hear of a police shooting of unarmed victims nowadays. Obviously, there is a narrative to support but this sort of secrecy fuels all sorts of speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies