Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 01:24 AM

761 posts, read 317,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
He lost the popular vote in 2 elections, both by a considerable margin (I wouldn't call 7 million votes "a few votes").

Trump has responded very poorly to the pandemic. Many people have died as a result of his decisions. These people have family members that will remember this. Others lost their jobs and their homes.

Personally, I have not been affected by the pandemic in this way (so far....thank god), but his denunciation of science and his absolutely abhorrent actions since losing the election have sealed the deal for me. I'm sure there are plenty of people that feel this way.

And that's just things that I don't like. He's had many controversies while in office. People could hate him right now for all sorts of reasons.

And there were 16 million more people that voted against him than they did in 2016 (this time, in the right states). This is due to increased turnout, but also alienation of independents and moderate Republicans.
The popular vote is irrelevant other than telling us Trump’s actual popularity is very high and that our media is incapable of accurately measuring it. Campaigning for strictly popular vote would likely open an entirely different strategy used by politicians — not to say Trump wins but who knows what the gap is.

All things pandemic are baked in to Trumps 75 million in support. All things race related are all baked in to.

And just look at the narrative now compared to the early days of Trump announcing his run — he went from a joke to 75 million followers in 4 years...despite being on trial in the court of public opinion for 4 years as possibly the worst human to ever grace planet earth.

To defeat Trump — his detractors needed a mandate. Trump winning only a handful of states would’ve certainly made the actual vote, polls, outrage and media narrative all cohesive.

Trump walking away with 75 million though — more than even Obama...how this is all seen in 10 or 20 years will certainly be interesting.

It seems rather naive to think a movement with such a following goes quietly into the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 01:26 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,385,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
The popular vote is irrelevant other than telling us Trump’s actual popularity is very high and that our media is incapable of accurately measuring it. Campaigning for strictly popular vote would likely open an entirely different strategy used by politicians — not to say Trump wins but who knows what the gap is.

All things pandemic are baked in to Trumps 75 million in support. All things race related are all baked in to.

And just look at the narrative now compared to the early days of Trump announcing his run — he went from a joke to 75 million followers in 4 years...despite being on trial in the court of public opinion for 4 years as possibly the worst human to ever grace planet earth.

To defeat Trump — his detractors needed a mandate. Trump winning only a handful of states would’ve certainly made the actual vote, polls, outrage and media narrative all cohesive.

Trump walking away with 75 million though — more than even Obama...how this is all seen in 10 or 20 years will certainly be interesting.

It seems rather naive to think a movement with such a following goes quietly into the night.
That is a big concern for sure.

A sad video on the type of mentally ill extremists that seem to be drawn to Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNjNs0eRUcc

Democracy is fragile. All it takes for Democracy to fail is for good people to do nothing.

I think Americans are starting to wake up to the real threat and voting the lunatics out of power. However, it is a huge concern that there is such a popular movement for such a lunatic.

That is how dictators in the past have gotten into power, and destroyed countries with their mentally ill mindsets.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:28 AM

45,647 posts, read 27,268,345 times
Quote:
I was a Trump supporter until 2020. I agree with you.

But I did not like his actions during the COVID pandemic. I don't like how he undermined the whole thing. I also don't like how he helped in making masks controversial. I don't like how he continuously pushed Hydroxychloroquine despite there being no evidence of it working.

But the thing that really got me was that press conference where he talked about injecting bleach. I was watching it. I couldn't believe it. Prior to this, I thought he was being taken out of context by a corrupt media. He was not taken out of context on that day. Then I slowly came to the conclusion that I erred in supporting him. And my disdain just grew from there.

Additionally, 2020 has made me change my perspective on many things. I really did not pay attention to climate change prior to this. Now, I could see climate change creating a bad situation in the future. So I took that into account with my vote.

Finally, I think that Trump is too excitable to be leading the country right now. Most people need a calming presence. Say what you will about Biden, but he is a very calm man. Trump is not.

And this was my view before the election. His actions since then have led me to believe that he is deranged and needs psychiatric help. I don't believe he's fit for public office now or in the future.
Interesting... thanks for the reply.

I will comment briefly.

I posted a bunch on HCQ... it does work when taken early on in the virus cycle. However, it doesn't move the needle for the establishment. They wanted a vaccine.

Bleach comment was taken out of context. The subject was about UV light being a disinfectant. The study and expert Mr. Bryan mentioned the bleach.

Climate change is a money and control grab. Elites are still buying property near the coasts, and they haven't changed any of their expensive energy guzzling habits to indicate the threat should be taken seriously.

I'm relatively OK with the behavior. The calm ones ar soothing, but they sellout the country which is not good for you or me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post

A sad video on the type of mentally ill extremists that seem to be drawn to Trump.
When you can't debate the actual issues, you do this.

Last post of the night.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Interesting... thanks for the reply.

I will comment briefly.

I posted a bunch on HCQ... it does work when taken early on in the virus cycle. However, it doesn't move the needle for the establishment. They wanted a vaccine.

Bleach comment was taken out of context. The subject was about UV light being a disinfectant. The study and expert Mr. Bryan mentioned the bleach.

Climate change is a money and control grab. Elites are still buying property near the coasts, and they haven't changed any of their expensive energy guzzling habits to indicate the threat should be taken seriously.

I'm relatively OK with the behavior. The calm ones ar soothing, but they sellout the country which is not good for you or me.

Last post of the night.
Beach comment taken out of context? And then the rush to promote an unproven drug that ended up killing some of followers who ingested chloroquine phosphate thanks to the ravings of Donald Chump?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uine-phosphate

Tramp knows exactly what he was doing...advocating unproven cures for something he just wanted to wave away. It cost real lives and he is responsible, as President of the US.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNjNs0eRUcc

Democracy is fragile. All it takes for Democracy to fail is for good people to do nothing.

I think Americans are starting to wake up to the real threat and voting the lunatics out of power. However, it is a huge concern that there is such a popular movement for such a lunatic.

That is how dictators in the past have gotten into power, and destroyed countries with their mentally ill mindsets.
The argument that Trump and his followers are lunatics dates back to seconds after his announcement — it is certainly baked into his now 75 million in support.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

When you can't debate the actual issues, you do this.

Last post of the night.
Um no, that is the actual issue, 100%.

You apparently can't seem to debate the actual issue. That is classically how Donald Con the Tramper operates, pivot from real issues and refuse to answer real questions. Nearly causing the destruction of this great country.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:37 AM

298 posts, read 117,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post

I don't think that his movement will simply disappear.

I think that he has alienated a lot of people with his actions. I also think that his supporters will continue to dwindle as time goes on, simply due to their demographics (as I previously mentioned). I also think that it will be difficult (or impossible) to find someone for him to pass the torch to. His allies are simply not charismatic enough. His support alone may not be enough.

And, yes, the pandemic definitely did affect this election, but there will be long-lasting effects that come from this. I think it's naive to say that none of this will affect future elections and future political platforms.

Also, what Stacy Abrams did in Georgia was very impressive. She was able to galvanize a previously ambivalent Democratic base. I expect other states (such as North Carolina) to follow suit. I also suspect that Texas will go blue in the near future due to its changing demographics (much like Arizona, my current home state).

I believe that Trump will be looked upon as, by far, the worst U.S. president of all-time. He did not accomplish many of his stated goals, mishandled a pandemic, and created a situation that led to the first breach of the U.S. Capitol in over 200 years, among other things.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:44 AM

Quote:
I don't think that his movement will simply disappear.

I think that he has alienated a lot of people with his actions. I also think that his supporters will continue to dwindle as time goes on, simply due to their demographics (as I previously mentioned). I also think that it will be difficult (or impossible) to find someone for him to pass the torch to. His allies are simply not charismatic enough. His support alone may not be enough.

And, yes, the pandemic definitely did affect this election, but there will be long-lasting effects that come from this. I think it's naive to say that none of this will affect future elections and future political platforms.

Also, what Stacy Abrams did in Georgia was very impressive. She was able to galvanize a previously ambivalent Democratic base. I expect other states (such as North Carolina) to follow suit. I also suspect that Texas will go blue in the near future due to its changing demographics (much like Arizona, my current home state).

I believe that Trump will be looked upon as, by far, the worst U.S. president of all-time. He did not accomplish many of his stated goals, mishandled a pandemic, and created a situation that led to the first breach of the U.S. Capitol in over 200 years, among other things.
But something just doesn’t sound right about someone who won a presidency and nearly won another (despite humanities greatest campaign effort) being remembered as the WORST....I mean the elections have obviously taught us that Trump has if nothing else sustained enough popularity to make 2 elections for leader of the free world quite competitive.

Now the narrative written about Trump will almost certainly say he’s the worst...but that’s what adds to the mystique and now legend of Donald Trump.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think Trump was popular enough to win the election...by every metric ever used to tracking elections, the bellwether counties, the states, etc. he was bound to be the winner. He's the only sitting POTUS in modern times who got MORE votes the second term than the first as well. Weird that he didn't win isn't it?

And why wouldn't he be able to run again? He's already been impeached once. There's hardly time for that dog and pony show anyway, unless Dems REALLY hate Americans and will waste even more of our time on petty "revenge" for winning in 2016 and being more popular than them. Well that and ruining their long term plans
But here is the thing, despite the disputed elections we had whether you talk 1800, 1824, 1876, 1888 or 2000; the United States of America never saw a president ask a group of thug wannabe patriots to FSU. That's exactly what Trump did. Trump knew with the supporters he had if he played them like a fiddle the entire time, he could get enough to want to storm the castle and FSU. Trump got what he wanted and needs to be published. Anyone who throws that much chaos when losing an election should never be allowed to be elected again. I don't care which party it is.

As for Trump's increase in votes, I attribute that to more people voting and Republicans holding their nose with Trump. I wonder how many Republicans that voted Trump actually regret doing so. I guarantee you, there are many. It will easily put Trump back below the 2016 numbers. I imagine it is about 25% in all honesty.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:07 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,896,627 times
Lyin' Ted and Squelin' Hawley thought they could bank primary votes by sucking up to the Trumper base.

Then they try to join the rats jumping ship from the Trump disaster.

Bad bet for them both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies