Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2021, 03:12 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
When the looting starts, the shooting starts.
how many looters died in the hands of cops for looting in 2020?

I'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 03:13 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,383,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

I'll wait.
What about the left??????

Old 01-09-2021, 03:15 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
so far this is what i'm getting rom this thread.

Leftists took over a block of downtown Seattle to turn it into CHAZ/CHOP = no shot fire from the cops
Leftists overran a police precinct in Seattle = no shot fire
Leftists FIREBOMBED occupied ICE detention facilities and federal court house = no shot fire
Leftists invaded Supreme Court house during Kavanuagh hearing = no shot fire

Rightist invaded capitol building = open fire at will for......trespassing, and because of that Hollywood action movie White House Down starring Channing Tatum!!!!!
None of that was done at the express of a sitting US president. None of your list was an attempt to overthrow the government, disrupt certification of a lawful election. Threats to kill our elected officials. Attacking the very essence of democracy. Domestic terror orchestrated by Trump

Old 01-09-2021, 03:18 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
None of that was done at the express of a sitting US president. None of your list was an attempt to overthrow the government, disrupt certification of a lawful election. Threats to kill our elected officials. Attacking the very essence of democracy. Domestic terror orchestrated by Trump
I don't care if the Pope or Jesus H Christ told Ashli Barrett to trespass in a restricted area.

I was talking about use of force against a trespasser VS use of force against people who FIREBOMBED occupied federal building

Old 01-09-2021, 03:19 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,383,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Repped for common sense.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:22 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
I don't care if the Pope or Jesus H Christ told Ashli Barrett to trespass in a restricted area.

I was talking about use of force against a trespasser VS use of force against people who FIREBOMBED occupied federal building
The mob at the capital and any one using a fire bomb anywhere shouldn’t be surprised by any show of force against them.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:22 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post
Hmmm not what I'm getting from this thread.

A bunch of terrorists incited by a sitting US president attacked our capital, terrorized our elected government leaders. Broke in through secure area after secure area. About to break into the last secure defended area, and finally some lunatic got shot like a zombie trying to jump the last secure door.

Bombs were found, a cop died defending the capital.

But none of that matters....because...what about the left (trademarked & copyrighted since it's the most reasonable thing to bring up during any topic of discussion)????

Pretty good summary.
Given the US suffered a massive terrorist atrocity only twenty years ago, you would have thought they would have had proper security and barriers like most sensible countries, to stop individuals gaining access in the first place.

If the security is this lax, then I am surprised a terrorist group hasn't targeted Congress already.

The individual who was shot was no more a loony than those protesting last year who broke in, or those who have devastated US cities and helped make the US an embarrassment on the world stage.

Many cities such as Portland are going to take decades to recover, as who wants to visit such places or invest in them.

The violence on both sides has to stop, however to suddenly blame what happened the other day and to ignore the violence of the last year is equally wrong.

Last edited by Brave New World; 01-09-2021 at 03:34 AM..

Old 01-09-2021, 03:24 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post
Perhaps the cops should have mowed down the BLM rioters with machine guns too, is what you're saying?
No.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:06 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...g-trump-qanon/

More background on Ashli.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:07 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:

I'll wait.
This. Is. Not. A. Competition.
Stop asking everyone to look up stuff you can look up yourself.
You don’t have to wait, you too can do your own research.
I can think of 2 right now, both shot by rittenhouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies