Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 12:55 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmountains View Post
Nope, he broke his oath too many times, especially this last one.

Trump is an enemy of democracy and can never be allowed to rise again. Political death penalty is appropriate in this case.

You're free to advocate for whatever you want politically, within the confines of our laws and Constitution, and Trump has now displayed his utter contempt for the Constitution.

Severing Trump permanently will also make the R party viable again, especially if it includes making Trump finally tell the truth.
But that’s all your opinion - he’s an enemy of democracy, etc. - and many of us don’t think so. We think, in fact, that the new leftists are the enemy of democracy. Surely you can distinguish between your opinion and facts.

So why should the Congressional Democrats decide if he should or should not be president again? I still say, let the voters decide who they want.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Yeah but what are the other 50 billion main reasons that we are conveniently leaving out here. One just happened a few days ago. Perhaps we should analyze the other reasons WHY she wants to do this. What events have led her to this conclusion... I think we are glossing over a few facts here.
That’s still a matter of opinion, colored by bias. Trump did not say to breach the building. He said to make your voice heard. In other words, he was encouraging a peaceful protest, much like Democrats have don’t for months.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:58 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
But that’s all your opinion - he’s an enemy of democracy, etc. - and many of us don’t think so. We think, in fact, that the new leftists are the enemy of democracy. Surely you can distinguish between your opinion and facts.
Were you proud watching your fellow MAGA destroy the capitol, Rachel? Did you believe they were doing the right thing? Did you watch them breaking down doors and threatening LE and think to yourself, yes! Now THIS is what I support!

Quote:
So why should the Congressional Democrats decide if he should or should not be president again? I still say, let the voters decide who they want.
Because you and your MAGA traitors would vote to put a seditionist who attempted to overthrow an election right back in the Oval Office in a heartbeat given the choice. And that will simply not be allowed.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
If congress actually impeaches him again and removes his ability to run again then they’ve deemed it necessary and have in some part done their jobs as elected officials.
But we’ve seen how their hatred for Trump has biased them from Day 1. They also thought it necessary to impeach him last year. And I’m sure if he had won this time, they would have found a way to impeach him early into his term.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:59 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Pelosi is afraid of Trump not because he is a loose cannon, a non politician that doesn't bow to the norms but she is the most afraid of The People that got behind Trump and his Pro American dreams.

There is a divide in this country that the Democrats started and it is as basic as this.

The Democrats = Anti American Policies

Trump = America and her People First.
I agree with this 100%

Old 01-09-2021, 12:59 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So you agree that Trump should never be allowed to hold public office again. Good for you. It's the right choice.
It is not up to me, but the law, I certainly would not vote for anyone who did.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:02 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
But we’ve seen how their hatred for Trump has biased them from Day 1. They also thought it necessary to impeach him last year. And I’m sure if he had won this time, they would have found a way to impeach him early into his term.
He got impeached because they found grounds to impeach him.

Like seriously open your eyes and pull your nose out of trumps butt.

He. Does. Not. Care. About. You. Or. Anyone. But. Himself.

You probably think mueller report exonerated him... what a joke.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
One has to be a serious mental midget if one would want trump as president again.
But that’s not the question. Shouldn’t people be able to decide for themselves? It’s obvious that Democrats think Republicans are too stupid or deplorable to make their own decisions, and that they want to keep them from choosing Trump. (As I said, I doubt he’ll run again anyway.) I say.....in our country, people get a choice. After all, people voted for AOC, and that’s pretty dumb. Still, one man, one vote. (Oops....I said “man.”)

Old 01-09-2021, 01:04 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Actually I don't know it, neither do you. If Pelosi and her minions really believed all you say they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. Get used to it, he's staying around in one form or another, like it or not.
Sure I do. You can't seriously think that all the 81 million folks who voted against him because he was unfit for office (and make no mistake, that is probably just about all that they all agree on) will reconsider their judgment NOW, can you?

I expect him to stay around. On his deathbed his last words will be "I won, biggest landslide ever", and I expect he will have it engraved on his tombstone. I expect he will expect his kids to hold a seance after his death so that they can assure him "yes dad, you had the biggest crowd ever" at his funeral.

I kinda doubt that Pelosi expects him to actually be impeached - although I'm sure she'd love it if it happens.

She's doing it because a) he needs to know how unacceptable his behavior is and b) I think the general game plan is to keep him cowering behind doors peeing his pants until his term is blessedly over, and this will help.

Then the legal system that has been lying in wait for him will come out of the woodwork.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:04 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbritt098765 View Post
Unfortunately for you, you don't get to decide who runs for office.

The people didn't speak, your government chose your President for you. You have no power. You want to give up all your power to a government who couldn't care less about you. They just care about the money you send them.
Outstanding....and I think I already owed you a couple of reps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies