Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 09:40 AM

9,486 posts, read 11,249,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
When I see someone wearing a MAGA hat now, my first thought used to be, "He probably supports racism." or "He must feel very insecure.".

Now it's, "Why does he want to overthrow our government?".

Anyone feels the same way?

Feel all you like. When you start to think, perhaps you'll see the light. So far you're just repeating DNC/CPUSA talking points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 09:41 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,284,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yes, and not just them. Everyone benefits from a police force that does more than acts like they're a hammer and every problem is a nail.

Everyone benefits from an immigration system where we have enough workers to fill roles that Americans don't want to do, and immigrants that are hear are actually visible to the system
I appreciate you answering. What I can't get is the common belief among the left that either are real.

The police have how many interactions with POC per year (and I use POC because the topic was racism)? How many of those wind up with a filed claim of police misconduct?

That's the disconnect - the assertion and belief that cops "have it out for" POC or worse, that they frequently kill unarmed Black people.

Should our justice system be more blind - that is, equal offenses and criminal histories are sentenced equally? Absolutely! Do you think you can find 10% of American adults that disagree with this?

As to immigration, there's an entire forum for it, but I cannot help but be astounded at the thought of "we need illegal immigrants/legalize the illegals for jobs 'that Americans don't want to do'". What is the result for the Americans who don't want to do those jobs?

Old 01-12-2021, 09:43 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,343,480 times
Quote:
Yes, and not just them.
Let's see...

Quote:
Everyone benefits from a police force that does more than acts like they're a hammer and every problem is a nail.
Ah, the "common good" line. You mean defunding the police? You do realize many U.S. cities have seen frightening rises in violent crime, especially murder, since this "defunding the police" took flight and many cops ended up resigning?

Now if that's not what you're referring to, then please specify rather than using catchy but meaningless phrases.

Quote:
Everyone benefits from an immigration system where we have enough workers to fill roles that Americans don't want to do, and immigrants that are hear are actually visible to the system
Wrong. The Democratic Party's coddling of illegal aliens has cost lower-income, unskilled black AMERICANS many jobs. Do they benefit?

Finally, re: racism and xenophobia: it's the Democratic Party which is racist, because it favors policies like affirmative action which degrade standards and others like minimum wages, which cost lower-income/unskilled people of color jobs as employers are forced to streamline their payrolls to stay solvent. It's the Democratic Party which is racist, because it pushes policies which make people of color resentful of white people and in which some cases has led to crimes against whites. It's the Democratic Party which is racist, because it condescends to minorities and treats them as less than cognitive capable adults with moral agency.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:43 AM

63,225 posts, read 29,343,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
If trump supporters want to continually point to themselves as the antithesis of BLM supporters, what does that make them?
We don't have a problem with people wanting to peacefully protest injustices for black people or anyone else but rioting and looting because of it is what we object to. Just as myself and many other conservatives may believe in the causes of the Capital building rioters but not the violence they created because of it. You see most conservatives don't believe in double standards too bad so many on the left do.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:44 AM

29,759 posts, read 14,820,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Look at these racist, hateful people...

Great post. Let's hear the mental gymnastics the leftists will use to explain those pictures.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:49 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,103,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
If trump supporters want to continually point to themselves as the antithesis of BLM supporters, what does that make them?
Opposers of Marxism.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:51 AM

45,578 posts, read 60,936,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I tend to see MAGA as more of an insult to our country. America has always been great. Is it perfect? No. Will it ever be? No, but still a great country.

I see these Boo Boo the Fool rubes wearing a hat that is an insult to our country and a symbol of arrogance. We the people make our country great as a collective, not one man, not one party, and certainly not one fake populist party.
Were you insulted when this guy said it and made it a cornerstone of his campaign?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWHlLsUIG8E

Old 01-12-2021, 09:53 AM

8,318 posts, read 3,958,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
When I see someone wearing a MAGA hat now, my first thought used to be, "He probably supports racism." or "He must feel very insecure.".

Now it's, "Why does he want to overthrow our government?".

Anyone feels the same way?
It's not just the hat, or the flags. Anyone that still supports Donald Trump at this point is making it crystal clear that they are in lockstep with the terrorists that stormed our Capitol building on the 6th.

Once upon a time you could be on the fence about Trump and what he stands for. No longer. There is no amount of pretzel logic that makes that work today.

If you support Donald Trump at this point, the whole world knows that you stand united with the Neo-Nazis and the Klansmen and the Proud Boys and all the other "fine people" that were in that mob.

4,483 posts, read 5,343,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I appreciate you answering. What I can't get is the common belief among the left that either are real.

The police have how many interactions with POC per year (and I use POC because the topic was racism)? How many of those wind up with a filed claim of police misconduct?

That's the disconnect - the assertion and belief that cops "have it out for" POC or worse, that they frequently kill unarmed Black people.

Should our justice system be more blind - that is, equal offenses and criminal histories are sentenced equally? Absolutely! Do you think you can find 10% of American adults that disagree with this?

As to immigration, there's an entire forum for it, but I cannot help but be astounded at the thought of "we need illegal immigrants/legalize the illegals for jobs 'that Americans don't want to do'". What is the result for the Americans who don't want to do those jobs?
While every death is a tragedy, there have been times people of color died because they were armed. The same happens every year with whites and blacks and Hispanics.

Have there been times when police fatally killed civilians (of whatever race) unlawfully and without reasonable cause? Most certainly. Look up Daniel Shaver. His killer is free. Both are white.

Police action is data-driven. There are more negative (read: violent and at times fatal) encounters between law enforcement and members of the black community because of the disproportionate number of crimes perpetrated by members of the black community. The left speaks about how blacks are 13% of the U.S. population but are disproportionately represented in the annual statistics of civilians shot dead by police.

However, police officers go where crime is happening, and the painful and unfortunate truth is that a very disproportionate sub-section of black America commits a large number of crimes. This is not racism. It's just facts.

How many of you are willing to relocate with your spouses and children to areas like the more dangerous areas of Chicago or Baltimore? Or Paterson, NJ? Or Camden, NJ?

Of course the majority of the black population in America is perfectly law-abiding. It's a small number who does the bad stuff. But on a daily basis, the foot soldiers of law enforcement - the police - come in contact with members of that small number way too often. And when many of them are armed and/or resist arrest, they risk being shot.

63,225 posts, read 29,343,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

The poster you are replying seems to be blurring the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. It's what these leftists do and it's blatantly dishonest. We don't have a problem with legal immigrants in reasonable numbers that we actually need. It is illegal aliens we object to and rightly so! This claim that we need illegal aliens to do jobs Americans refuse to do is nothing but BS! Who do they think were doing those jobs before millions of cheap, illegal aliens flooded our border to make the rich, richer?

Even if there were jobs Americans won't do for a living such as crop picking we have unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers for those jobs so what do we need illegal aliens for? If there is truly a shortage of American workers for any other jobs then why haven't we created unlimited visas for those jobs to? It's simple, there are no other jobs that Americans won't do for a fair job. It's the greedy employers who want to increase their profits from cheap, illegal labor. For example, illegal aliens have flooded the construction and landscaping jobs. Are those jobs Americans refuse to do? Please........ I wonder why these fools keep repeating these same old lies over and over again? It's mind boggling!

No way, should we be rewarding these law breakers with amnesty either. We don't need them and they violated our immigration laws including ID theft and/or tax evasion. They need to return to their own countries where they belong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies