Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 08:09 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Oh my gosh. You are either trolling all of us or need help. I can guarantee not one conservative would be in tears at the site of their biggest political opponent. We are not that soft and neither are you! Get a grip!
It's the former more than likely
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 08:09 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,569,209 times
Oh jeez. Some people don’t like Trump and want it taken out, which has not happened.

This is not McCarthyism or Orwell, which involves a government policy. This hyperbole is unhelpful and simply meant to manufacture outrage.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:10 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Oh jeez. Some people don’t like Trump and want it taken out, which has not happened.

This is not McCarthyism or Orwell, which involves a government policy. This hyperbole is unhelpful and simply meant to manufacture outrage.
You're right...this is the "cancel culture". Have to give a new name to an old idea.

Manufacture outrage ? Take a look around and see how many statues and paintings have been destroyed or taken away and that was after they finished going after flags.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:10 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,221,144 times
Just so we're clear here...

The group that spent 4 years calling the opposition "snowflakes" is now outraged over a movie.

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:11 AM

7,386 posts, read 3,542,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Oh my gosh. You are either trolling all of us or need help. I can guarantee not one conservative would be in tears at the site of their biggest political opponent. We are not that soft and neither are you! Get a grip!
Sorry, it is quite hard to hide emotions after 4 years of a bully as President saying horrible things year after year. What he said about Mexicans and in Charlottesville. Children don't understand all of this either.

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...225303977.html

It’s gotten so ridiculous now.

A 10 second cameo, that was part of the deal negotiated to use The Plaza (when Trump owned it) and now people offended by Trump over 25 years later want it removed?

This smacks of McCarthyism and Orwell.
Meh

Times change

It used to be ok to bully people on the Internet too

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
A hundred people signed a change.org petition and somebody make a joke post on Twitter.

Calm down.

Nobody is taking pwecious twumpkins out of his movie.
I'm not so sure anymore. The far left is unhinged. I am sure there is entertainment you like that could very well be affected if they had their way. Social media is giving a platform to the smallest minorities. In fact, they are the loudest voices and so are getting attention. All they have to do is plant the seed and eventually those viruses grow. I could care less if Trump is removed from that movie. It was not as good as the first one. It is the larger concept of censorship that I don't like.

2,361 posts, read 1,753,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You're right...this is the "cancel culture". Have to give a new name to an old idea.
Like they did when they called the Nazi regime the Trump Party?

Old 01-13-2021, 08:13 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Like they did when they called the Nazi regime the Trump Party?
Actually the other way around my friend. Biden has been comparing those on the right to Goebbel.
I suspect we'll be hearing 4 years of "Godwin's law" coming from this administration.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:16 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Sorry, it is quite hard to hide emotions after 4 years of a bully as President saying horrible things year after year. What he said about Mexicans and in Charlottesville. Children don't understand all of this either.
What exactly did he say about Mexicans? You mean how he wanted to work with Mexican brands like Goya to bring more prosperity?

If you are talking about the boarder, he was right. While the majority are not hard criminals, we should be working overtime not to allow criminals into our country. The leftist media has denied how much crime happens around the boarder between trafficking, kids being kidnapped, drugs etc. That is all Trump was saying...we should not allow rapists into our country. That means securing our boarder. No more and no less. Besides everyone who tries to cross our boarder ILLEGALLY is now a criminal on some level. I love my mexican neighbors, but like everyone else they need to follow our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies