Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 01:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,270,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
oh i dont know, seems when the companies in power silence our president you MIGHT want to put a little thinky thinky about it
Trump was not silenced. He even has the press corps, press secretary, a room with cameras, a white house website to post his words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 01:05 PM

43,597 posts, read 18,677,941 times
Quote:
i think businesses should be allowed to do what they want IF they dont risk our safety.
Well we'll have to hope that's true. The FCC sent out a warning to participants of the Emergency Alert System that they have an obligation to transmit the messages.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:06 PM

889 posts, read 274,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The far right, who attempted to perpetrate this lie that the election was stolen, ain't seen nothin' yet.

Once the anger by the majority reaches a boiling point, it's hard to back down from the desire to seek revenge.

So, that's what you're seeing, and will continue to see, from the majority.

They will take abuse from the minority for only so long, and then will make their power felt. Painfully.
my, my, my. what tough talk. guess what? no one cares!!

Old 01-13-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
oh i dont know, seems when the companies in power silence our president you MIGHT want to put a little thinky thinky about it
Leaders all over the world are voicing their concerns over this. Some are looking at regulating them.
They do not think social media should be making those decisions.

About 10 countries now have made public statements about this and all are against what was done.
Why ? Well it could easily be done to them with no accountability by a commercial company.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Trump was not silenced. He even has the press corps, press secretary, a room with cameras, a white house website to post his words.
Trump was "canceled" out of social media and many world leaders will disagree with you.
Zuckerberg and Dorsey cannot be the deciders of who gets to speak and who doesn't.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 15,237,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Actions have consequences.

Some on the alt-right are starting to learn that.
What other Orwellian measures will you accept?

People with Trump yardsigns have their water shut off?

Amazon refuses you service if you post pro-Trump stuff online?

Old 01-13-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I didn't see too many details. He posted part of an email from his agent but it didn't actually state the reasoning, just that the decision from the company was final. Still not sure exactly what kind of insurance or if it was an umbrella policy.

Maybe its just me but if I were to come out with a big accusation like this against and individual or company I would have a lot of evidence and present it clearly. Especially today when so many people have a strong political agenda.
These companies aren't stupid. They have teams of lawyers that word everything precisely so that they CYA in court.

That's been a thing for years now. You don't win.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:23 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,375,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What other Orwellian measures will you accept?

People with Trump yardsigns have their water shut off?

Amazon refuses you service if you post pro-Trump stuff online?
I could totally see the Amazon thing happening.

Conservatives shouldn't really be doing business with that company anyway. At least at which point it is avoidable, like shopping.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,913,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Conservative Commentator Says AIG Canceled his insurance.

More importantly Schilling needs to get off Twitter...Hopefully Parler is able to come back up.

Support alternative platforms - duckduckgo.com, yippy.com, mewe.com, gab.com, clouthub.com

Canceled my Amazon Prime the other day.
I have no idea what kind of insurance he had with AIG. I am going to assume, for discussion purposes, it’s homeowners insurance including a personal liability umbrella that includes liable/ slander risks.

Insurers typically exclude public figures, like politicians, actors, journalists, professional sport players, writers, TV and radio hosts etc that are more likely to be sued for liable/ slander than the average person.

There are customized policies for high net worth individuals that will include such risk exposures, for a price.

I don’t know anything about this guy, his views or social media profile/ posts.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,913,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I could totally see the Amazon thing happening.

Conservatives shouldn't really be doing business with that company anyway. At least at which point it is avoidable, like shopping.

There is a seemingly irreversible consumer preference for online shopping. Half of all 2019 holiday shopping, pre Covid, was online.

More than 50% of Amazon’s retail sales are for third parties, many of whom are ma/ pa small business operations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies