Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 11:00 AM

4,221 posts, read 2,535,538 times

Advertisements

After the riot in Charlottesville in 2017, the alt-right movement was hit on three fronts: social, legal and financial. The same is being done here. They should have considered this before hitching their wagon to the Trump train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 11:01 AM

21,981 posts, read 9,562,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Actions have consequences.

Some on the alt-right are starting to learn that.
Only for right leaning people.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM

5,350 posts, read 3,234,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
What I'm saying is that not doing business with any customer based on any form of discrimination is one and the same. If you leftists are going to cry in one case, you should be crying in the other. And that includes not doing business with someone who holds a different opinion than your own.

So, either it IS okay, or it is NOT okay. Which is it going to be here in the good ol' U S of A?
LMAO, "leftist". When you have no argument, resort to name calling.

I'm the conservative here, free market and all. I've always supported letting the market sort itself out. But yeah let's let a bunch of pretend conservatives express their fake outrage because the market killed off a business that doesn't want to play by the rules it LEGALLY agreed to.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:16 AM

43,275 posts, read 18,408,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
LMAO, "leftist". When you have no argument, resort to name calling.

I'm the conservative here, free market and all. I've always supported letting the market sort itself out. But yeah let's let a bunch of pretend conservatives express their fake outrage because the market killed off a business that doesn't want to play by the rules it LEGALLY agreed to.
What ????

They cancelled his homeowner's insurance due to his social media profile.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:23 AM

19,718 posts, read 12,284,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
His personal insurance. He states that in his twitter responses to questions asked.
Sounds like homeowners from what he stated...they had their policy since 200x with no claims all those years.
Then he should say specifically homeowners insurance, and that he doesn't have any media liability insurance with that company, because that could affect his other policy(ies) as well.

If insurance companies, banks and other big businesses are going to be making lists and screening customers social media, we ought to know that. Once it starts affecting masses of regular people then it will be on.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:27 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,031,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
What ????

They cancelled his homeowner's insurance due to his social media profile.
Where’s it say that?

If he had an umbrella policy I could see why.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:28 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,429,051 times
Yet AIG has no issues conducting business in China, lol.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:28 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,789,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Yet AIG has no issues conducting business in China, lol.
Neither does the trump family.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:29 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,440,218 times
Here it comes. Corporations, in tandem with the Democrat Party will begin punishing people for wrong-think. The Party is now and will continue to use big corporations to implement its policies. Soon people will find their bank accounts closed, credit cards canceled, insurance policies canceled, and a whole host of other things meant to force compliance with the Party.

They will say such will never happen, and then they will admit it's happening and justify it.

Stay tuned.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:29 AM

43,275 posts, read 18,408,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Where’s it say that?

If he had an umbrella policy I could see why.
From his twitter. People were asking for details and he gave it to them.

I went and looked that up so I could better understand what was going on.
I didn't want to jump to conclusions or assume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies