Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 04:49 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,062,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wow....talk about hyperbole. The only things you've stated that are remotely close are the facts that he is white, privileged, and unempathetic, and maybe a little misogynistic. And yes, he has an abrasive unlikable personality.

There is nothing wrong with being unempathetic. Emotion clouds judgement. As far as misogynistic...i'm willing to bet 90% of the men out there are. I admit it, i am. If i see an attractive woman i will definitely look at her...assets.
There is a difference between admiring a woman’s physical body (not necessarily misogyny) and sexually assaulting her. I bet all those claiming trump isn’t so bad would definitely object to trump being alone with their daughter/wife/girlfriend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 05:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
America has destroyed Trump

What nonsense! Trump destroyed himself! Just another of his actions he'll never accept responsibility for.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:13 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Trump went to war wth America and lost! He could've played his hand differently. It was a good hand he was dealt. But, he screwed up at every turn.

His strategy to go to war with science and medicine over COVID was a deeply failed strategy. His strategy to try and co-opt the election was a deeply failed strategy. His strategy to rule with an iron fist was a deeply failed strategy.

Your post implies he was a misunderstood savior, and you speak of "people too dumb to see"?

The country is what it's people choose it to be, it is called Democracy. I suspect you do not like Democracy much.
Not at all.

I would have no sympathy for the man if he left office with his own base of support.

What I find discerning is how every major institution in this country now opposes Trump and the people go along with it as if they are allies in protecting democracy.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:34 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

What nonsense! Trump destroyed himself! Just another of his actions he'll never accept responsibility for.
Yep. This just may be the most idiotic premise for a thread I've seen yet. Poor Trump. Why is everybody always pickin' on him?

Old 01-16-2021, 07:45 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
"Trump has destroyed Trump." There, fixed it for you.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Some wise person said Mr. Trump was necessary to reveal what was needed to heal ...he pulled off the scab
for all to see what was there all along...now the healing will begin.
Another metaphor may have been better

Old 01-16-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yep. This just may be the most idiotic premise for a thread I've seen yet. Poor Trump.
Why is everybody always pickin' on him?
Be careful, we may start picking on you!!

Old 01-16-2021, 08:22 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Hold on, let me go find the tiniest violin I can scrounge up

Old 01-16-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You might be surprised, I was ..in "Melania and Me" - the author tells of a conversation
in which he looks at Melania and says, Yeah, I could have left the LGBTQ thing alone, said nothing,
but it means a lot to Mike
. (Pence) From memory.

Apparently Mike cares a lot about where people pee.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
There is a difference between admiring a woman’s physical body (not necessarily misogyny) and sexually assaulting her. I bet all those claiming trump isn’t so bad would definitely object to trump being alone with their daughter/wife/girlfriend.
Yikes! I would !
Esp if blonde and pretty. Or alone in a dressing room!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies