Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 12:08 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,123,953 times

Advertisements

Feds arrested a man accused of launching a fire extinguisher at Capitol police. This attack was not against Sicknick.

https://abc11.com/robert-sanford-fir...hrown/9656097/

Quote:
CHESTER, Pennsylvania -- A retired firefighter from Pennsylvania is under arrest, accused of being the man seen on video throwing a fire extinguisher that hit three police officers at the Capitol during the riot in Washington, D.C., last week.

Robert Sanford, 55, of Chester, was arrested Thursday morning on four federal charges, including knowingly entering a restricted building, disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, civil disorder and assaulting officers engaging in their official duties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 12:12 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Feds arrested a man accused of launching a fire extinguisher at Capitol police. This attack was not against Sicknick.

What I truly want to see happen is the conviction and imprisonment of _everyone_ responsible in the death of Officer Sicknick. SOMEONE knows ... maybe they will eventually all start turning on each other.

And also all the cretins who beat on the metropolitan police office with their flagpoles....

Old 01-14-2021, 12:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Interesting that a retired fire fighter was using a fire extinguisher as a weapon.

Probably because he'd handled a LOT of them in his life.

Wouldn't occur to many that it makes a very effective assault weapon.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:20 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post

Good.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:22 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
What I truly want to see happen is the conviction and imprisonment of _everyone_ responsible in the death of Officer Sicknick. SOMEONE knows ... maybe they will eventually all start turning on each other.

And also all the cretins who beat on the metropolitan police office with their flagpoles....
Nobody may have been responsible.
The facts need to come out first.

Lots of the media was saying he was killed with a fire extinguisher. People on this site keep repeating it. This arrest shows that was a lie.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:23 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Interesting that a retired fire fighter was using a fire extinguisher as a weapon.

Probably because he'd handled a LOT of them in his life.

Wouldn't occur to many that it makes a very effective assault weapon.
I know, right? Sounds weird, especially that someone who ostensibly had a career that saved lives thought it was a great idea to use such a lifesaving tool to hurt other people. Some creepy psychological glitch inside that one's head. I hope he's not allowed to be a firefighter any more. We don't need dark souls like that working in emergency services and having access to vulnerable people.

I once bent down to pick something up that I'd dropped at work and when I came back up I whacked my head on the bottom of a fire extinguisher that was mounted on the wall. It HURT, and that one was stationary. Can only imagine what it felt like to have one deliberately hurled at you.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:23 PM
bu2

I'd like to see the arrests of everyone who assaulted a police officer or threw things at them in the period from May 25, 2020 to January 7th, 2021.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I know, right? Sounds weird, especially that someone who ostensibly had a career that saved lives thought it was a great idea to use such a lifesaving tool to hurt other people. Some creepy psychological glitch inside that one's head. I hope he's not allowed to be a firefighter any more. We don't need dark souls like that working in emergency services and having access to vulnerable people.

I once bent down to pick something up that I'd dropped at work and when I came back up I whacked my head on the bottom of a fire extinguisher that was mounted on the wall. It HURT, and that one was stationary. Can only imagine what it felt like to have one deliberately hurled at you.
Mm hmm. Very heavy.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:28 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
This arrest shows that was a lie.
they aren't claiming this is the man that attacked sicknick, in fact the OP directly stated it was a different attack ( you quoted it ).

where's the lie?

Old 01-14-2021, 12:30 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
they aren't claiming this is the man that attacked sicknick, in fact the OP directly stated it was a different attack ( you quoted it ).

where's the lie?
Its been repeated by numerous people in at least a half dozen other threads over the last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies