Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 04:22 PM

602 posts, read 1,028,877 times

Advertisements

The way I see it, if Trump is impeached and convicted by the Senate, many Republican members of Congress would basically be admitting they elected a corrupt person to be President of the United States. I don't see how they could get over that in the near future. We may not see another Republican president for 20 or more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 04:38 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
The way I see it, if Trump is impeached and convicted by the Senate, many Republican members of Congress would basically be admitting they elected a corrupt person to be President of the United States. I don't see how they could get over that in the near future. We may not see another Republican president for 20 or more years.
It will come. Sooner or later or later people will get tired of being screwed by the left. AT least the Repubs use a little lube when they shaft you so it doesn't hurt so bad.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:43 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
As blue states lose population, congressional seats are reduced. The republicans won seats in 2020 for one of the most closely divided House in history. Not too difficult to see the Republicans retaking the house. Especially as the Democrats are going hard left which alienates more voters than it pleases.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM

1,134 posts, read 405,107 times
A lot can happen in four years. "The Squad" is reportedly upset with some of Biden's cabinet picks. We'll have to see how far Left some members can push the party.

Some of the policies by Obama and Biden are part of the reason Hillary lost. She wanted to continue them. And that's what Biden will mostly do.

Biden certainly won't last for another term, and he probably won't even finish this one. You'll have to see what Harris pushes when she becomes president and how the nation feels about it. There might not be another electable candidate for the Left when the time comes. I mean, electable enough to win.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:49 PM

1,162 posts, read 456,631 times
Joe being a horrible president, for starters.

The left moving even more left

9,984 posts, read 5,686,999 times
Because voters can see how Democrats govern.

2,942 posts, read 1,639,116 times
Quote:
Sure they will, after after they see how Biden and fellow Dems., screw everything up.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:53 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times
They need to get pretty close back to the center if they do not soon republicans will keep losing. IMO I think it will take 12 to 16 years min for the republicans to get a lot closer to the center get ready for a good run of democrats controlling everything.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
History. Thats what makes this Independent think that a Republican can win the White House again.

1 thing is for certain. Neither party learns from their mistakes. They simply rinse and repeat. between 4 and 8 years we will see another Republican POTUS. No maybe to it.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:56 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
The Democrats have been pronouncing the GOP dead since the 1960's. This was precisely the reason that they kept changing the rules for confirming federal judges: They never thought in a million years that the Republicans could ever use it against them. They figured it would only be them in control from that point on and they wanted it to be easier to get activists for their causes into the federal courts. They were consolidating their power in anticipation of their impending one-party rule. They were also dead wrong every single time.

I think it's fair to say that the GOP must adapt and evolve, but it sure ain't dead. Whether it's Biden or Harris who is POTUS in 2024, they will likely get crushed by any decent GOP candidate. Everything is all set to go to hell in a hand-basket for Biden/Harris and the American people are going to want to be rid of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies