Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 09:57 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
As I said earlier, they are clearly some kind of fanatic-left cult (that's the only people who ever bring them up or pay any attention to them). They apparently have never accomplished anything, or else they would have been in the paper at some point.
Failure is always an orphan, isn't it?

Your party elected QAnon followers to Congress. That's where the window for "Oh, those guys? Never really knew them" is long closed.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 01-22-2021 at 10:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 10:00 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
The Q-nutters believed that Trump was at war with a secret cabal of Democratic pedophiles.

--And what did Trump do in his last days in office? He pardoned a pedophile!! You can't make this crap up.

From the Washington Post:

One of the celebrities who received clemency from Trump, the 23-year-old rapper known as Kodak Black, still faces charges of sexually assaulting a high school student in a hotel room after a 2016 concert in Florence, S.C., public records show. Trump commuted a separate nearly four-year prison sentence the rapper received after pleading guilty to a federal weapons charge.

Let's not forget that Trump also hung out with Jeffrey Epstein and wishes Ghislaine Maxwell well. The evidence actually shows that Trump has a lot of pedophiles in his inner-circle.
Republican obsession with pedophiles is so strange. Pedophile rings run out of pizza parlor basements, pedophile cabals, etc.

What I find particularly strange is that many of our Republican friends belong to a church that literally protects pedophiles. Has for years. Lost lawsuits. Paid settlements. No question about it.

Why they are so nonchalant about their own church actually moving pedophiles around to shield them from law, and so up in arms about baseless accusations is anybody's guess.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-22-2021 at 10:48 AM..

Old 01-22-2021, 10:00 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
At what point will such folks realize that they are being played for fools?
Maybe not until people like half naked horn guy gets a wrap on his door from the FBI and they say "Come with me?"

Some of them will deflect and rationalize because they can't admit that they were conned not only by a president, but by a shadow. Who is Q anyway? Some internet troll from Russia stirring up the rubes?

It's an embarrassment that people follow this nonsense. There are educated people wrapped up in this as well. I'm sure some charismatic cult leader is salivating at the thought of starting another fringe movement to fleece the rubes. Where did the money go for all of the Q merchandise? We all know where the profits from all of those MAGA hats and flags went.

I think it's hilarious that Trump threw his fringe supporters under the bus when he didn't pardon them for doing his insurrection dirty work. Heck, he doesn't need them anymore. Why bother?

Hard head emotional thinkers believing only what they want to believe? Let me know how that works for ya sitting in jail for making one con man bigger than country.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:02 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
It isn't. However, a lot of liberals think that it is more of the right than it probably really is. The question that the more reasonable among us have, is whether ideas from the Q sphere got picked up by, say, the radio guy my relatively sane (but kind of gullible) father listens to, so he is not a Q follower but he's got some crap from there second or third hand...who knows?

But I am actually very happy to hear you say that most of your Trump supporter friends are NOT Qanon followers. That is good.

I can tell you, from the "other side" that of some 500 give or take, people, if social media is any barometer of the numbers in my network--total friends...out of them, who are nearly all liberal...there are a very few who are angrily far left (they are still mad, Biden isn't left enough for them) and less than 10 who post anti-fascist stuff, and while many had a lot of sympathy with BLM's message, they were not motivated enough to leave their homes and march, and they did not support looting and such, though some felt that the anger was understandable.

I know two people who are, or were as of a few weeks ago, Qanon junkies. My ex is the most rabid one that I know...him going off the rails led to our divorce and he's gotten worse in some ways since then. He told me that "Q is the only cult that encourages you to think for yourself." He was already very interested in child abuse conspiracies, years ago he had printed off this whole binder full of stuff about MK Ultra. He needed very little encouragement to wind up into the Q stuff. The other person is 19, not registered to vote, and schizophrenic, so...does he count? Only kinda. He also identified as a primordial dragon for about a week, so... *shrug* ??

What I told my Dad, when he was ranting about the evils of Antifa, was, "I will do you the courtesy of NOT believing that the entire political right, yourself included, are Nazis, White Supremacists, fascists, KKK, or Qanon people. I would like to ask that you extend the same courtesy to the left, if you don't mind, and do not judge us all by the most extreme examples out there." Seriously, most Americans just want to live a decent life, don't want a civil war, and are not extremists or terrorists. We've got to get past this insanity somehow.
My mother has no clue what Qanon is, but repeats Q anon conspiracy theories that she heard from someone else or read on FB from a friend. She is extremely naive and very gullible. She is still giving money to a guy in Nigeria that claimed that he was a pastor and needed money for his church even after he admitted that he was not a pastor and did not use the money she sent for a church, we're talking 10s of thousands of dollars over the last couple of years.

So while she is not directly a Q anon follower, she believes their crap all the same.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post
QAnon is to poor people what Scientology is to rich people. It doesn't matter your race, gender or socioeconomic status, there is always going to be a group of people who are susceptible to, what most know it to be, illogical non-sense.
Not sure of the income bracket distinction, but it's a good comparison.

Like with Scientology, people feed of the validation that comes with being one of the few select to really, properly understand the world. And like with Scientology, you have varying layers of commitment - each of them shaking their heads at those deeper in as being, y'know, a bit over-zealous. But also like with Scientology, Q followers would be angry at those criticizing the cult's core beliefs, even if they don't share them. Tell a rank-and-file Scientologist that the Xenu stuff was nonsense and he'd get mad at you, because that was not what it was about, to him. Likewise with Q.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:51 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Gee, now that "voter fraud" was a proven scam and the rag-tag Trump-incited insurrection failed, conservatives everywhere suddenly have Qamnesia. "Q-what? Q-who? Never heard of them..."

Old 01-22-2021, 11:03 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Seems to me that with all these Qanon threads that have been popping up in the last few days, the only thing we know for certain, is that nobody has any idea who they are and what they do. Except the few liberal fanatics who keep bringing them up out of the clear blue sky.

As I said earlier, they are clearly some kind of fanatic-left cult (that's the only people who ever bring them up or pay any attention to them). They apparently have never accomplished anything, or else they would have been in the paper at some point.
It's like I didn't write the lengthy posts in this thread that I did.

If you don't want to see it, apparently it doesn't exist - that would explain a whole lot of people in this country, left and right.

Try reading the thread.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:14 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
My mother has no clue what Qanon is, but repeats Q anon conspiracy theories that she heard from someone else or read on FB from a friend. She is extremely naive and very gullible. She is still giving money to a guy in Nigeria that claimed that he was a pastor and needed money for his church even after he admitted that he was not a pastor and did not use the money she sent for a church, we're talking 10s of thousands of dollars over the last couple of years.

So while she is not directly a Q anon follower, she believes their crap all the same.
That's how it spread. It wasn't just confined to the idiots who believed this dumb Q stuff, it leaked out to other areas where people passed it on, not realizing it was Q stuff.

I am not a Q believer, but way too many Republicans were, and their crap would end up on my timeline. I was, unfortunately, more aware than many on what they believed, but even then I didn't know everything that they believed.

What would happen is someone could be in the same position as me, not understand that it was "Q" thing they read, and they would pass that on. That would spread.

Next thing you know, you have otherwise somewhat respected pod casters spewing that crap out there - they always did say, "I can't confirm that, but I've been hearing rumors". If you can't confirm it, why are you even mentioning it?

And then that spread.

It was like a disease, which is, unfortunately, NOT over. A few pages back, latmaria informed us all that they actually believe that March 4th, Trump will be put in office.

I followed what she posted, down a trail that is so absurd, I can't even mock it. I just let it speak for itself:

They believe that Trump will be the 19th president of the US because apparently, they believe, the US is a corporation since the Act of 1871 (or whatever year), and that Trump signed something right before he left, the military will remove the dems, American will go back to being NOT owned by the UK, and Trump will be the 19th president of our "true" country.

And when that passes, then what? What will be the next "plan". Or will they finally realize they've been lied to for 5 years straight.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:21 AM

636 posts, read 328,515 times
A new form of TDS mental illness: Lefties who think q-anon consists of lots more than the 500 or so crackpots that believe any of that stuff.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairmanoftheboard View Post
A new form of TDS mental illness: Lefties who think q-anon consists of lots more than the 500 or so crackpots that believe any of that stuff.
That's no way to talk about Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies