Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 05:08 AM

37,954 posts, read 17,893,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKafrican1 View Post
Listen I cant with folks getting on the internet with this kind of rhetoric. This is why America will continue to be seen as problematic when it comes to race relations. Somethings in peoples hearts will never die. People raised hell when Kap kneeled.
Because when Kap knelt, the protest, like blm, was based on a lie.

Quote:
The same people were hella quiet when people were beating law enforcement with that same flag. I didnt see outrage when the white supremacist were changing the American flag with a Trump flag nor did I see the same people being as equally outraged by a confederate flag making it into the White House. I cant I cant lol.
Because the powerless white supremacists are almost non existent and Trump has nothing to do with them in spite of all the false race card playing from the Jim Crow left.

Quote:
Side note: This title is racist as hell.
Side note: Your post is racist as hell.

Old 02-06-2022, 05:11 AM

37,954 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Or Jackie Robinson. There are people who try to use Black athletes like Aaron, Robinson, and the like to say things like "why can't today's Black men be more like them". The thing is, Black athletes in those days had to deal with the violent bigots regardless. Aaron had to deal with being called the "N" word and people trying to spit on him while he was playing in the minor leagues, in the South. He played for the Jacksonville Braves in the minor leagues. Early 1950s Florida. And he got alot of hatred from fans in Jacksonville, who didn't want to see Blacks on the team or in the Southern Association. Had he fought back, he would have been kicked out.

Same for Jackie Robinson. He didn't truly get the chance to speak up until he retired. Then, people saw what he was about. When asked if the New York Yankees not having Black players (outside of Elston Howard) had to do with the Yankees front office being racist, he answered yes.

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/09/24...tional-anthem/

Robinson had more to say. He had this to say about the national anthem, IN THE 1960s!!

And when Colin Kaepernick got kicked out of the 49ers organization for kneeling during the national anthem, Hank Aaron defended Kaepernick. He criticized the NFL because no team was signing Kaepernick.

Aaron also had some not so nice things to say about Republicans who opposed Obama.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/h...-obama-to-kkk/

Men like Robinson and Aaron held their peace until their careers ended. It was a different time.
kap didn't get signed because he's average on his best day and brings too much baggage. Aaron like others falsely played the race card.

btw What color was Kap when he signed?

Old 02-06-2022, 06:05 AM

3,351 posts, read 1,241,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
kap didn't get signed because he's average on his best day and brings too much baggage. Aaron like others falsely played the race card.

btw What color was Kap when he signed?
I don't agree with Aaron on Kap but the way Aaron was treated for decades unlike this sniveling phony Kap was absolutely disgraceful. Kap makes more money from his Nike ads as a fake social martyr then he ever would as a backup QB (which at best is all he was qualified to be 5 years ago) with a lot less work. Kap couldn't care less about social justice when he was actually good for a couple of years and had a ton of endorsements before the league figured him out.

The title of this thread is also pretty terrible. There are athletes who are great role models of all races and athletes who are terrible role models of all races.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:10 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Always cracks me up when people support Black athletes once they die.

When Hank Aaron was playing he was viewed like Kapernick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies