Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 09:30 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

Shame Biden has failed us. Didn't take long. ha, ha, ha, ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 09:31 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
I have N95 and KN95. KN95 are much more comfortable - easier to breathe and not pressing as hard against the face, although it still gives a tight enough fit around the face. A tight fit without pressing hard.

I got my KN95s from bonafide masks . com (no spaces). These KN95 are the masks that have the crease in the front. A lot of people wear these now since they are more easy to get than earlier in the pandemic. You see a lot of people on TV wearing the KN95s now. I gave a KN95 to a friend who was previously wearing N95 and the friend was pleasantly surprised because the KN95 is way more comfortable. Try a KN95 if you don't like the N95....much much easier to wear.

I wear either the KN95 or N95 without issues. They protect the wearer better than cloth masks and they also protect others. Win-win. They don't have the plastic exhaust thingy.

Last edited by Variable; 01-23-2021 at 09:42 AM..

Old 01-23-2021, 09:44 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
I recall a movie or documentary from way back about a boy who lived in a big plastic "bubble" (full isolation) because he had no immunity to disease. I think in these desperate times, a raging virus with a 0.14% conditional mortality rate destroying the very fabric or our universe, we should take a second look at this sort of isolation "bubble." If we could mandate a bubble for all, perhaps that 0.14% conditional mortality rate could be cut down to 0.13%.

An even better idea is if we could cause ourselves to go extinct as a species due to our stupidity, overreaction, and making matters worse, we would have zero fatalities due to covid. And just think, no one would ever die again. We will have overcome death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This kind of mask will protect you from others but won’t protect others from you according to experts. https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...covid19-spread
Your personal health and health choices are your responsibility, not everyone else's. If you want to minimize the risk of skydiving... don't skydive.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:10 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
yes.
You better wear 3-ply cloth masks with a paper towel at least. Anyway, No mask is enough. It is because you can get covid-19 through your eyes.
True. Eyeglass wearers were shown (in a small study) to be much more protected from COVID than non-eyeglass wearers. Not perfect, not as good as goggles, but you'll at least stop a direct frontal entry into your eye.

Nothing's perfect, but some protection is better than zero.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:41 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I recall a movie or documentary from way back about a boy who lived in a big plastic "bubble" (full isolation) because he had no immunity to disease. I think in these desperate times, a raging virus with a 0.14% conditional mortality rate destroying the very fabric or our universe, we should take a second look at this sort of isolation "bubble." If we could mandate a bubble for all, perhaps that 0.14% conditional mortality rate could be cut down to 0.13%.

An even better idea is if we could cause ourselves to go extinct as a species due to our stupidity, overreaction, and making matters worse, we would have zero fatalities due to covid. And just think, no one would ever die again. We will have overcome death.

Your personal health and health choices are your responsibility, not everyone else's. If you want to minimize the risk of skydiving... don't skydive.
The bubble boy. Lived in Houston in the 70s.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:03 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
Germany and France have banned cloth and homemade masks and mandated N95 or medical grade single use masks. Democrats fawn over everything European. So the question is will Democrats follow their Euro allies and ban cloth masks? Will Democrats force us to wear medical grade or N95 only?
That's quite a leap you made there. Hope you don't hurt yourself on the way down.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:11 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I agree. Just hoping that people understand that that type of mask with the vent protects them and not others.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:12 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
N95 and medical grade are more difficult for breathing than cloth masks with which makes wearing them for 8-10 hours straight very hard and painful.
The vast majority of people don't wear masks for such extended periods of time/

Old 01-23-2021, 11:21 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have N95 grade masks. That is the best way to protect yourself. I also have face shields which studies have shown are more effective than the cheap cloth masks.

I am looking out for myself and my family. I really don't care what the government says. Yes I would imagine wearing them 8-10 hours would be difficult. But medical people do that now.

No point in whining about N95 masks.
do you hang out with sick covid patients inside an ICU 10 hours a day, 5 days a week?

Old 01-23-2021, 11:23 AM

148 posts, read 45,130 times
Read up on the uselessness of masks, unless one is working in a critical care or operating room situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies