Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 03:27 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Yea looks great around America right now. LOL
China unleashed COVID on the world, the world is paying a huge economic price. You need to get out more, and take off the partisan blinders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 03:29 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Biden will never sock-it to the rich. That’s a BIG campaign lie. The working middle class will
be SOL. And unless your minority poor, your RIPed.
Sure he will, if some rich corporations make it worth his while, he will sign an EO or a tax law to harm that corps competitors.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:35 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Made in America sure sounds good to a lot of lower and middle class Americans. Even those who didn't see their factory jobs shipped overseas are sick of the poorly made goods (most garbage) we are forced to buy. Planned obsolescence costs people a small fortune. Used to be you could pass down appliances as they lasted 20+ years. Now you are lucky to get 5 before they break. It costs more to fix them than they are worth so the landfills just get bigger. Even designer clothes are a joke too; most material is so thin they are practically see through and start to fall apart after the first wash. I could go on and on.

The powers that be hated Trump for pointing out things Americans can agree and unite on. Our trade agreements need work and he addressed China. It's not like he didn't do anything. The media fired up the culture wars against him so that's all that ever got talked about.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:38 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Made in America sure sounds good to a lot of lower and middle class Americans. Even those who didn't see their factory jobs shipped overseas are sick of the poorly made goods (most garbage) we are forced to buy. Planned obsolescence costs people a small fortune. Used to be you could pass down appliances as they lasted 20+ years. Now you are lucky to get 5 before they break. It costs more to fix them than they are worth so the landfills just get bigger. Even designer clothes are a joke too; most material is so thin they are practically see through and start to fall apart after the first wash. I could go on and on.

The powers that be hated Trump for pointing out things Americans can agree and unite on. Our trade agreements need work and he addressed China. It's not like he didn't do anything. The media fired up the culture wars against him so that's all that ever got talked about.

As soon as the first crisis hit our country he did NOTHING. Other than lie to us. And as soon as he loses the election, he golfs, tweets, rile up suckers, pardons criminals and then get a grand exit back to his mansions. . He didn't do CRAP. He riled up the rubes to donate to his phony cause and support his lifestyle so he didn't have to pay anything out of pocket!!! LOL

Old 01-23-2021, 03:38 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Yea looks great around America right now. LOL
The quarantine was engineered by the usual collection of power-junkies who immediately targeted the on-the-streets interaction which drives the majority of all human progress. History alone will have to determine the rectitude of this action. But I can assure you that the latter-day Luddites backed it from Day One.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:40 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post

Is that why the trump family still has manufacturing in China & had no intention of moving ops back here, because they believe in Made in America? Why are trumplettes so gullible?

Old 01-23-2021, 03:41 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyskies1999 View Post
Most middle class tax payers received a cut of about $1000 a year. Speaker Pelosi said this was crumbs, while calling a one time $600 significant. Yes, she is the same woman who made a video with her $24,000 fridge and $12 a pint ice cream.

Anyone who also has a 401K or an IRA account also benefitted greatly from the previous administration.

Take your partisan party hat off and the stop listening to the MSM for that matter.
Yes, under Trump, my 401K was growing the fastest it had done in a long time. Trump did great things for the economy. With Biden in, I feel like I need to take it all out and hide under my mattress. Come tax time, I'll be paying more and when cost of goods start increasing a huge amount, the less money I'll have in my wallet. Trump was so much better for the people of this country.

Now I'm paying people's college, illegals home, board and heal benefits, unemployed insurance of those that simply quit their jobs, etc. It's crazy hiden Biden time. He sucks big time. I'm sure the illegals and foreign countries like him though.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:47 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Quote:
As soon as the first crisis hit our country he did NOTHING. Other than lie to us. And as soon as he loses the election, he golfs, tweets, rile up suckers, pardons criminals and then get a grand exit back to his mansions. . He didn't do CRAP. He riled up the rubes to donate to his phony cause and support his lifestyle so he didn't have to pay anything out of pocket!!! LOL
LOL is right. At this pack of lies by a loony liberal that can't let it go.

Trump is gone, just like you wanted. Crusty musty Joe is at the helm and already has cost the U.S. tens of thousands of jobs and signed an EO so the trannys can shower with the girls. Bet he loved signing that one.

Oh, and let's not forget that his inaugural parade from Guatemala is almost here. Maybe they can stay at your house.

Biden is so busy he forget that he's supposed to help Americans, not everybody else, but it's about what I expected.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:47 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The lowest unemployment in US history, surely employed some people.
2019 was two years ago. Hoover had great unemployment as well at the beginning.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:50 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Is that why the trump family still has manufacturing in China & had no intention of moving ops back here, because they believe in Made in America? Why are trumplettes so gullible?
You are not going to fix that in 4 years. He took a lot of flack for addressing it and hopefully that ball won't get dropped again. It wasn't until Co-Vid hit that MSM reported that even the ingredients for antibiotics aren't made here anymore. Pretty scary. Past administrations let that happen. I have voted Dem most of my life and am at least big enough to admit that Trump can't be blamed for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies