Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 12:03 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,611,100 times

Advertisements

I don't support censorship of sub-tabloid media (like Fox or the much worse conspiracy drivel that's been the latest fad) but I think the best way to get rid of it is when people wise up and realize how stupid and useless it is and how it is junk food for the mind and soul.

And over time when people realize this and stop watching it, their ratings decline (as they've already done so), the advertisers wise up to that, and then it is starved of the revenue it has and quietly goes away with a whimper.

That's the American way to get rid of it. Let it cancel itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 12:05 PM

636 posts, read 328,617 times
MSM covered up the Obama Admin insurrection against the Judicial branch pretty well.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:08 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yeah I can't handle watching Tucker or Hannity. However, around 40% of the country believes every word these people tell them and they are their sources for facts. And when you get down to it, it's because these people tell them their fear of brown people and gay people is justified.
Where do you get this nonsense from?

And it is nonsense. No one on Fox is telling people that "their fear of brown people and gay people is justified". BTW, there is no such race as "brown" people.

You shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about. Get a grip.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Not really, but right now there's no room for disagreement at all among the right. If you don't worship at the altar of God's chosen man Donald Trump, you are a far leftist.
And you seriously think there is "room for disagreement" among the left? If you believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:10 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Nobody gives two chits about the Washington Post, but you better believe I would have no qualms about my new puppy taking two chits on it.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Nobody gives two chits about the Washington Post, but you better believe I would have no qualms about my new puppy taking two chits on it.
I ran out of rep so I couldn't rep you.

I refer to WaPo as the "fish wrap". Others might call it a bird cage liner. Your puppy is making good use of it. The last time we bought WaPo was to keep a copy around in case an appliance sprung a leak

Old 01-24-2021, 12:16 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And you seriously think there is "room for disagreement" among the left? If you believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.
Try listening to actual liberals instead of letting Hannity tell you what liberals believe.

There's a large divide among the left between the Bernie wing of the party and corporate Democrats, who are liberal on social issues but are Republican-lite when it comes to economic issues. Liberal blogs also aren't afraid to criticize Biden and many of them already are for various things.

No such divide exists on the right. Everyone has to fall lock step behind Donald Trump and nobody can criticize him in any way.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:16 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,909 times
Quote:
Where do you get this nonsense from?

And it is nonsense. No one on Fox is telling people that "their fear of brown people and gay people is justified". BTW, there is no such race as "brown" people.

You shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about. Get a grip.
Quote:
Wish I could rep ya more! Thank you for standing up for truth and reason.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:23 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes....co/kYnYcbHceU

Right, and we also need to censor CNN and MSNBC for inciting violence for months last year
As usual, your lead title to this thread is misleading.
The Washington Post has not advocated for the dissolution of Fox news. The article you referenced is an opinion piece by a Margaret Sullivan Known as a "Media columnist" and she is not affiliated to the Washington Post in any way.
In her article, she did not ask for the dissolution of Fox News, only pressure on the Murdochs to present more facts as news rather than opinions as news, which is exactly what you're trying to do Dashrender.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:26 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Try listening to actual liberals instead of letting Hannity tell you what liberals believe.

There's a large divide among the left between the Bernie wing of the party and corporate Democrats, who are liberal on social issues but are Republican-lite when it comes to economic issues. Liberal blogs also aren't afraid to criticize Biden and many of them already are for various things.

No such divide exists on the right. Everyone has to fall lock step behind Donald Trump and nobody can criticize him in any way.
That's what has made (up to this point) the modern Republican party so successful at political strategy but that success has been detrimental to the country as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies