Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 12:30 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

Right, and we also need to censor CNN and MSNBC for inciting violence for months last year

AND the following officials:

Rep Aynna Pressley: "There needs to be unrest in the streets".

Senator Kamala Harris: "Protestors should not let up."

Rep. Maxine Waters: And I want to tell you, for these members of his Cabinet who remain and try to defend him, they're not going to be able to go to a restaurant, to be able to stop at a gas station, to be able to shop at a department store."

Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "I just don't know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 12:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
That's what has made (up to this point) the modern Republican party so successful at political strategy but that success has been detrimental to the country as a whole.
Exactly. America was founded on the "Big Tent" principle. "From Many One" (E Plurebus Unum). "We The People", etc.

Democrats have nurtured the Big Tent principle of many diverse opinions in open forum as per the Athenium Democratic model.

Republicans or the party of one man, Donald John Trump and woe to anyone who does not smartly salute and instantly carry out his desires.

That's not a political party. That is a cult.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:35 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
So I take it you've never watched MSNBC, then?
Been a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: I couldn't refute anything he said. I'm SO depressed.
You don’t need to refute a bunch of whining. Something about white republicans being treated unfairly.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:38 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
That's what has made (up to this point) the modern Republican party so successful at political strategy but that success has been detrimental to the country as a whole.
It's the democrats who are being divisive. There are many examples out there to back up that claim For example, see post #32.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:39 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Gf put one of their shows on the other day. Tucker Carlson.

Oh... my... no wonder the rights so messed up. It wasn’t news. It wasn’t facts. WAs just droning on with some whining. I couldn’t take it. Usually just see like 30 second clips. Actually having the show on was depressing.
Fox understands the difference between entertainment talk shows and news.

The left doesn't. ABC/NBC/CBS are all infotainment all the time. Not much different than the late night talk show hosts.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:41 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Billionaire Bezos doesn't want competition for his media outlets or agenda.
Can anyone imagine news media like WaPo and CNN trying to censor other parts of the news media?

This was unthinkable 2 years ago.

Old 01-24-2021, 01:43 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Try listening to actual liberals instead of letting Hannity tell you what liberals believe.

There's a large divide among the left between the Bernie wing of the party and corporate Democrats, who are liberal on social issues but are Republican-lite when it comes to economic issues. Liberal blogs also aren't afraid to criticize Biden and many of them already are for various things.

No such divide exists on the right. Everyone has to fall lock step behind Donald Trump and nobody can criticize him in any way.
I would suggest you follow your own advice and listen to conservatives instead of liberals telling you about conservatives. There is nobody who looks more imbecilic than the left trying to explain the right. Even some writers who are good otherwise look like total flaming idiots when they do that.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:23 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,217,462 times
There are so many things wrong with the headline and the opening post that I doubt the OP even read his own link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Right now, there's so much confusion because people perceive opinion journalism that confirms their cultural biases as facts. Biden won the 2020 election, there's no plot to take everyone's guns and Bibles, Russiagate was overblown, there's no basement beneath Comet Pizza, and Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Another illustration of how some folks must have slept through basic civics in high school - they cannot tell the difference between opinion and fact, they don't know how to find credible sources for news, they don't understand the news media and how they work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Sorry, I can't open that perspective article but the headline is repeating their attack on FOX that has intensified last year. The real hazard to democracy is their attempt to limit free speech.

They seem to have something to hide?
Let me help you. This is the gist of the opinion piece, written by the Post's media writer:

Quote:
No, the only answer is to speak the language that the bigwigs at Fox will understand: Ratings. Advertising dollars. Profit.
There is no mention of limiting free speech, or hiding anything.

Reading is fundamental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In recent months, Fox has flipped from a slightly right-center network to another left of center one. Their business has plummeted.
I was right - you didn't read your own link:

Quote:
In recent days, Fox has taken a sharp turn toward a more extreme approach as it confronts a post-Trump ratings dip — the result of some of its furthest-right viewers moving to outlets such as Newsmax and One America News and some middle-of-the-roaders apparently finding CNN or MSNBC more to their liking.

[snip]

Most notably, the network has decided to add an hour of opinion programming to its prime-time offerings. The 7 p.m. hour will no longer be nominally news but straight-up outrage production.
Quote:
Why is it that so many liberals can't think beyond their knee-jerk emotional reactions?
The entire premise for this thread is a knee-jerk emotional reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
As usual, your lead title to this thread is misleading.
The Washington Post has not advocated for the dissolution of Fox news.
The OP has never let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Can anyone imagine news media like WaPo and CNN trying to censor other parts of the news media?
Read the damn link.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:27 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
So I take it you've never watched MSNBC, then?
And a fish never knows it's wet.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:27 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
As usual, your lead title to this thread is misleading.
The Washington Post has not advocated for the dissolution of Fox news. The article you referenced is an opinion piece by a Margaret Sullivan Known as a "Media columnist" and she is not affiliated to the Washington Post in any way.
In her article, she did not ask for the dissolution of Fox News, only pressure on the Murdochs to present more facts as news rather than opinions as news, which is exactly what you're trying to do Dashrender.
Facts like how Jacob Blake was unarmed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies