Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2021, 03:49 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewship View Post
No, I want you to understand that any dialogue calling all white people "racists" is not CRT. CRT is literally against that idea. Whatever you are complaining about is something else. Also, CRT is not new. It has been around since the 1980s. It's just only now that conservative media has picked it up as the new buzzword to scare ignorant white people.
Yep went through it in 92, 93 again in 98 and 2002. People dont trust in it because the establishment is guilty of abusing it. That is what you obviously dont get. In short folks are either waiting for the other shoe to drop or for the part 2 to come out with the gotcha moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 03:50 AM

89,157 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Did he consult with Korn Pop on this?
Good question. At least we know, thanks to Biden himself, that those little Black kids sure love rubbing the hair on his legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DbE2SmV2bs

Old 01-28-2021, 03:58 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,628,370 times
Quote:
No, you just don't understand what CRT is. You are using it as a catch-all term for ideas you do not like about race when really it has a specific meaning. "Diversity and sensitivity training" is not even CRT to begin with. You are railing against something you know nothing about because a junk news site told you that it was bad. It's honestly shameful.
So explain to me how it's just not another hate and punish Whitey theory because the Black community can't be held accountable for their own actions and circumstances.

Old 01-28-2021, 03:58 AM

866 posts, read 320,597 times
Quote:
No, I want you to understand that any dialogue calling all white people "racists" is not CRT. CRT is literally against that idea. Whatever you are complaining about is something else. Also, CRT is not new. It has been around since the 1980s. It's just only now that conservative media has picked it up as the new buzzword to scare ignorant white people.
You seem to be very rigid in your thought process.

CRT is crap. Period. People are hardwired to behave a certain way, to associate with individuals who are similar and be wary of those who are not. For me the primary similarity I look for is behavior and values. Act like a criminal, be dishonest or avoid personal responsibility and I'm going to avoid you. CRT is just another way to be a victim - which is to avoid personal responsibility. If you think you are a victim of actual racism, plenty of laws are on the books to deal with it.

To summarize, I don't like you because you are defending victim culture. I don't know and don't care what your skin color is.

Stand up for those who have actually been harmed but don't tear down the society that gives you the freedom to do so.

Perhaps your passion would be appreciated if you dealt with promoting positive things such as family, education, and avoiding violence and crime to those of all colors who need to hear, see and live a more positive life.

CRT = hate. Hate multiplies hate. CRT is not a solution, it's simply a way to place blame and avoid responsibility.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:10 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,628,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post

CRT is crap. Period. People are hardwired to behave a certain way, to associate with individuals who are similar and be wary of those who are not. For me the primary similarity I look for is behavior and values. Act like a criminal, be dishonest or avoid personal responsibility and I'm going to avoid you. CRT is just another way to be a victim - which is to avoid personal responsibility. If you think you are a victim of actual racism, plenty of laws are on the books to deal with it.

To summarize, I don't like you because you are defending victim culture. I don't know and don't care what your skin color is.

Stand up for those who have actually been harmed but don't tear down the society that gives you the freedom to do so.

Perhaps your passion would be appreciated if you dealt with promoting positive things such as family, education, and avoiding violence and crime to those of all colors who need to hear, see and live a more positive life.

CRT = hate. Hate multiplies hate. CRT is not a solution, it's simply a way to place blame and avoid responsibility.
^^^^^^This. All of it. Well stated.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:10 AM

25,857 posts, read 16,563,286 times
Human beings will never be equal.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:42 AM

866 posts, read 320,597 times
Quote:
Amazing how you have failed to address anything I have said. I am trying to explain to you what CRT actually is because you are grossly misinformed. I provided you with an actual text produced by scholars that attempts to explain what they actually believe and you have failed to respond to or acknowledge anything inside of it. You can believe whatever you want about "victim culture" or "personal responsibility". What I am trying to get you to understand that the things you are complaining about are not CRT You're making an awful lot of presumptions about my belief systems because I am asking you to consider a different perspective, and are being quite rude.
Everything is addressed. In 5 words. Let me repeat: Critical Race Theory is crap.

It is victim culture.

It does promote hate.

Look at how it is being applied rather than what some out of touch academic writes to obfuscate the real intent.

One last note, people see things differently. Some read between the lines and interpret things differently. Get used to it. Live and let live, don't try to force your thoughts onto others. Instead of telling people they are wrong, sell your product (CRT). Just remember not everyone is going to buy it.

Have a great day.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:07 AM

29,568 posts, read 14,720,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post

Well said.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:09 AM

9,484 posts, read 5,266,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Well said.
I second that.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:14 AM

9,484 posts, read 5,266,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So explain to me how it's just not another hate and punish Whitey theory because the Black community can't be held accountable for their own actions and circumstances.
^^^^^ This right here.....
I'd say more, but I'm worn out from 'dealing with' this for the last ....oh.....40 years!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies