Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 06:51 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And I can find links that say otherwise. How sad that you only read the MSM. It would do you good to branch out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 06:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm sorry the links don't meet your standards. You are free to find your own. Both those links pointed out that Officer Sicknick's brother said there was no mention of the officer saying he was hit with a fire extinguisher.
I spent time looking. I couldn't find anything you're talking about. I did see that after he had collapsed and was taken to the hospital near death, Office Sicknick didn't mention a fire extinguisher. Maybe there were more important things to talk about, as you lay dying, than some animal hitting him in the head.

You're the one who is saying there are reliable reports that his death was not caused by battling the MAGA crowd for hours at the Capitol, so really, it's up to you to provide a link backing that up.

Apparently when he met with family he was on a ventilator, so the thought that he would mention a fire extinguisher while he can't even speak, and lay dying, is preposterous.

https://www.propublica.org/article/o...cknick-capitol

Old 02-02-2021, 02:21 PM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Obviously, the details are still being sorted out regarding his death. It is VERY surprising that after 3.5 week we know very little.

The NYT was the sole source of the extinguisher story and seems to have moved away from it.

Old 02-02-2021, 02:24 PM

527 posts, read 320,004 times
I'm glad that this honor is given, but his death was just tragic. Made worse by the deflection of the right on this.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:16 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He's a retired member of the New Jersey Air National Guard.

So the qualification of "Any veteran who is retired from active duty" pertains.
Nope, he did not retire from the Air National Guard.

Also, you have to retired from active duty service to get that honor, OR retire from the reserve/guard component AND reach the age of 60 AND draw pension to get that honor.

I am 5 years away from eligibility in the National Guard but I am not yet 60. Still a long way to go before I get to 60.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:19 PM

Brian Sicnick did serve oversea in combat as an Air National Guardman. Maybe he received a Purple Heart and that meets the eligibility.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:27 PM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times
CNN now reports what many of us already know... there is a VERY PECULIAR delay in producing details on Officer Sicknickā€™s death:

(CNN)Investigators are struggling to build a federal murder case regarding fallen US Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, vexed by a lack of evidence that could prove someone caused his death as he defended the Capitol during last month's insurrection.

Authorities have reviewed video and photographs that show Sicknick engaging with rioters amid the siege but have yet to identify a moment in which he suffered his fatal injuries, law enforcement officials familiar with the matter said.

In a statement the day after the insurrection, Capitol Police said that Sicknick had been "injured while physically engaging with protesters" and collapsed as a result of his injuries sometime after returning to his office. He died the next day in a local hospital.

According to one law enforcement official, medical examiners did not find signs that the officer sustained any blunt force trauma, so investigators believe that early reports that he was fatally struck by a fire extinguisher are not true.

One possibility being considered by investigators is that Sicknick became ill after interacting with a chemical irritant like pepper spray or bear spray that was deployed in the crowd. But investigators reviewing video of the officer's time around the Capitol haven't been able to confirm that in tape that has been recovered so far, the official said.

The case could also be complicated if Sicknick had a preexisting medical condition. It could not be learned if he did.

A spokeswoman for the US Capitol Police declined to comment for this story citing the ongoing investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/polit...ges/index.html

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 02-02-2021 at 05:28 PM..

Old 02-02-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
He's a veteran and he gave his life defending our nation's Capitol and our legislators from would-be murderers and insurrectionists.

He has a place at Arlington. Like the tomb of the unknown soldier also has a place. Lest we forget.
I am also a veteran and also a LEO just like Brian Sicknick.

We do need any crocodile tears from leftists like yourself after 2020.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:50 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Obviously, the details are still being sorted out regarding his death. It is VERY surprising that after 3.5 week we know very little.

The NYT was the sole source of the extinguisher story and seems to have moved away from it.
Maybe the family just doesn't want it out there and the investigators are respecting their wishes.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:53 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
If you have something more convincing than the Capitol Police statement that Officer Sicknick died from injuries sustained defending the capitol, we'd all like to hear it.

And by "more convincing", I mean published by a reliable source with a sourced quote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/u...ith%20a%20fire
If you think NY Times is a reliable source on anything with a political connection, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies