Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 08:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Definitely not 10.
Only 5 wanted the impeachment trial to go ahead....
And Trump has made it clear that he'll be campaigning in the 2022 midterms, so he's a factor, and most Senators will be too afraid to cross him and his gigantic base.
Hmmm. Not so sure you're right on that one. Censure seems like something most of them could agree on. Portman is leaving .. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 08:44 AM

726 posts, read 329,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You don't know what sedition is. Defending oneself is not sedition.
Sedition is conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state.

Defending oneself is one thing. Doubling down and claiming, without admissible evidence, that there was massive election fraud and that the election was stolen from him is quite another. Tell me how that is a "defense." In fact, it is an admission that, yes, he incited the crowd to go down to the Capitol, angry as hell, because, as Trump said on January 6.....
  • Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about.
  • We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen, I’m not going to let it happen.
  • ...our country will be destroyed and we’re not going to stand for that.
  • You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing...
  • But think of this. If you don’t do that... You will have an illegitimate president. That’s what you’ll have. And we can’t let that happen.
  • ...we can’t let this stuff happen. We won’t have a country if it happens.
So, what do you think that means when someone says "we can't let that happen"?

Old 01-31-2021, 08:55 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
Sedition is conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state.

Defending oneself is one thing. Doubling down and claiming, without admissible evidence, that there was massive election fraud and that the election was stolen from him is quite another. Tell me how that is a "defense." In fact, it is an admission that, yes, he incited the crowd to go down to the Capitol, angry as hell, because, as Trump said on January 6.....
  • Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about.
  • We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen, I’m not going to let it happen.
  • ...our country will be destroyed and we’re not going to stand for that.
  • You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing...
  • But think of this. If you don’t do that... You will have an illegitimate president. That’s what you’ll have. And we can’t let that happen.
  • ...we can’t let this stuff happen. We won’t have a country if it happens.
So, what do you think that means when someone says "we can't let that happen"?
What do you think it means?

Old 01-31-2021, 08:59 AM

6,824 posts, read 14,041,292 times
I would love to Ted Bootlicking Cruz take on this case. He supports everything the Da Don has done so he should step up and prove to us how wrong we are about Trump. What say ye Cruz.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Goodnight, it is my fervent wish that the deluded loon represents himself in court. NO ONE knows better than he does!
I would love to watch that. It would be so entertaining.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:06 AM

726 posts, read 329,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
What do you think it means?
It's clear what the crowd listening to Trump's seditious exhortations thought it meant.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:07 AM

6,133 posts, read 3,355,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What it is about is truth v. lie. Fact v. fiction. Inciting a mob or be a responsible leader and graciously accepting you've lost the election. There was RARELY a legitimate, truthful opinion, based on fact, uttered by Trump ever worth considering or debating in the past four years. Trump was a nonstop liar - his words are worthless - especially dangerous b/c of the office he held. He should have been shut down three years ago after his first 1,000 lies.
The left is so dumb about their assault on the First Amendment.

Any historian will tell you that there are dozens of examples about how stifling free speech doesn’t work.

Hasn’t anybody ever heard the saying, “Take away a man’s pen and he will reach for the sword.”

It’s as if the left is trying to create a real insurrection.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:08 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,093 times
Trumps supporters ignore that his lawyers have denied there was fraud in open court where they could be sanctioned For lying. Even Rudy Giuliani

Attorney General William Barr said in an interview Tuesday that the Justice Department has uncovered no evidence of widespread voter fraud that would tip the results of the presidential election, a comment directly undercutting allegations being made by President Donald Trump and his legal team.
“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” Barr told the Associated Press

3rd circuit court of appeals
The court said it would not issue an injunction to undo the certification because “the Campaign’s claims have no merit.”

“The number of ballots it specifically challenges is far smaller than the roughly 81,000-vote margin of victory. And it never claims fraud or that any votes were cast by illegal voters,” the court found.

Republican senator Sasse statement

“And based on what I’ve read in their filings, when Trump campaign lawyers have stood before courts under oath, they have repeatedly refused to actually allege grand fraud –because there are legal consequences for lying to judges,"

Chris Christie who was in the Oval Office helping trump prepare for the debates said
"They allege fraud outside the courtroom, but inside the courtroom they don't plead fraud and they don't argue fraud.

Trump RNC lawyer in Arizona

attorney Kory Langhofer stressed the plaintiffs were "not alleging fraud" or "that anyone is stealing the election" — simply raising concerns about a "limited number of cases" involving "good faith errors."

Giuliani in Pennsylvania

And when Brann pressed Giuliani to explain why none of the specific legal claims in the suit are based on voter fraud, the president’s lawyer admitted the campaign isn’t pleading voter fraud at all. Later, Brann asked whether he should apply a higher legal standard of “strict scrutiny” to the case, which is required when fraud is alleged.

“If we had alleged fraud, then yes, but this is not a fraud case,” Giuliani said quickly.

Trump campaign lawyer Goldstein in Pennsylvania

“In your petition, which is right before me — and I read it several times — you don’t claim that any electors or the Board of the County were guilty of fraud, correct?” asked the judge. “That’s correct?”

“Your Honor, accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step,” Goldstein replied. “And it is rare that I call somebody a liar, and I am not calling the Board of the DNC or anybody else involved in this a liar. Everybody is coming to this with good faith. The DNC is coming with good faith. We’re all just trying to get an election done. We think these were a mistake, but we think they are a fatal mistake, and these ballots ought not be counted.”

“I understand,” he told Goldstein. “I am asking you a specific question, and I am looking for a specific answer. Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?”

“To my knowledge at present, no,” Goldstein said.

“Are you claiming that there is any undue or improper influence upon the elector with respect to these 592 ballots,” queried the judge.

“To my knowledge at present, no,” was Gold

Old 01-31-2021, 09:10 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
This is poorly done.

You don't know what sedition is. Defending oneself is not sedition.

As for his banning on Twitter -- you can't support that unless you support the banning of NBC, NYT, and WaPo, which are far more seditious, subversive, and anti-democratic.
The point of propaganda is not to use words accurately, but rather to use them effectively.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBlock View Post
This is such an embarrassment for Trump who can't even find a lawyer to represent him. I guess Sydney Powell no longer wants to be sued. Interesting how no lawyer wants to represent him based on election fraud lies. You think if there was so much evidence any lawyer would jump at the opportunity.
I'll bet there's at least one attorney following Qanon...maybe we'll see a volunteer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies