Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 11:38 AM

636 posts, read 328,707 times

Advertisements

Senate Trial? Oh yeah, Trump rally worried about being convicted. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 11:39 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Republicans are the ones on trial here.

Perhaps they can rustle up some lawyers.

Old 01-31-2021, 11:46 AM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
At this point trump could have peewee Herman represent him. The Republicans will vote against the charges. Trump will be deceptively empowered by this verdict.

Politics and justice rarely are centered. Politics as dirty as it is, will overshadow the truth.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:03 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I know our Nation's Capitol...the citadel of American of Democracy was stormed and desecrated and Trump has been Impeached for inciting this insurrection. Inciting violence needs to be banned and he hasn't changed one iota since the capitol was stormed. So I am glad we are not seeing more needless loss of life.
Wish the GOP Senate agreed with you.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:04 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Bannon thinks he should go alone.

I would love that.

Stephen Bannon, Trump's former chief strategist, thinks the former president should go the Senate himself because "he's the only one who can sell it." Trump seems open to the idea, but aides are reportedly against it.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-im...130751966.html

I hope he does.
Sadly, Donna, the GOP wouldn't care if he was represented or not. Their minds are made up. They are in love with this guy and not even inciting an insurrection that resulted in the loss of life will change that.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:15 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
guess miss Lyndsey didn't vet them correctly.
Actually, Lyndsey did an excellent job of vetting.

The 2 team leaders are both highly respected, have much court experience in the District, and have gone before SCOTUS several times.

Unfortunately, they were also the first to throw in the towel and leave. I suspect the others didn't want to stay on the team with the leadership gone.

Trump should have let these guys do their work, but he can't stop himself from always getting into the middle of everything.
If his lawyers try to push the fraud theory as a defense, Trump will lose. Period.
His only hope of winning is to base his defense on the impeachment conviction being inapplicable because he's no longer in office.

Maybe there are a few goombah New York lawyers who are still willing to go down to D.C. and represent him. I hope he can find a couple who are as good as the guys who bailed out, but I doubt he'll be able to get them.

Even so, I strongly doubt Trump will be convicted by the Senate. Being impeached twice is as far as it will go for him.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:25 PM

16,095 posts, read 10,762,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
he said he's a very, stable genius.
Very good at cleaning stables? Not so good at swamps?
His "stable" of lawyers have found the door and escaped.

Forever and for always, Trump is his own worst enemy. If he insists on meddling and sidetracking the impeachment trial into yet another hair-brained attempt to spread lies about the election he will do even more irreparable damage to what is left of his own reputation and whatever passes as the Republican party at this stage. Trump needs to plead no contest and retire rather than drag this out. That is what would be in his best interest if he wants to salvage his brand and business interests. Knowing Trump, he will figure out a way to make this an even worse defeat.

Last edited by SunGrins; 01-31-2021 at 12:41 PM..

Old 01-31-2021, 12:31 PM

6,348 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Bannon thinks he should go alone.

I would love that.

Stephen Bannon, Trump's former chief strategist, thinks the former president should go the Senate himself because "he's the only one who can sell it." Trump seems open to the idea, but aides are reportedly against it.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-im...130751966.html

I hope he does.
He should. It's open and shut. All he has to do is show the vid of him telling people to peacefully march.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:49 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Very good at cleaning stables? Not so good at swamps?
His "stable" of lawyers have found the door and escaped.

Forever and for always, Trump is his own worst enemy. If he insists on meddling and sidetracking the impeachment trial into yet another hair-brained attempt to spread lies about the election he will do even more irreparable damage to what is left of his own reputation and whatever passes as the Republican party at this stage. Trump needs to plead no contest and retire rather than drag this out. That is what would be in his best interest if he wants to salvage his brand and business interests. Knowing Trump, he will figure out a way to make this an even worse defeat.
Let's face it....the GOP is the Whig Party. Regardless if he is convicted or not this trial is the nail in the coffin for the Republican Party. That is actually bad for our democracy....we need a viable center/right party for the system to work.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:49 PM

9,887 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I wonder if it isn't just another stall tactic on Trump's part to lose his legal team to kick the can and try to get the senate to derail Biden's agendas? Trump loves to stall and stall and stall.

We already know what the senate is going to do. We've seen this playbook before.

Trump losing his legal team. Oh I don't know. Maybe Trump could release the Kraken. Oh wait, didn't he already do that? It worked so well last time.
Trump victory? He's a washed up twice impeached orange has been. What victory?
He can't stall. The trial begins February 9 whether or not the defendant is ready or has legal representation. The inability of the defense to prepare in the same time the prosecution has isn't an excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies