Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 10:43 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times

Advertisements

It is amazing how the liberal media elites talk about inequality this and that when comes to COVID-19

Yet, I was in a rough area this morning and people were outside in large numbers smoking marijuana and hacking up a lung in groups without masks.

The neighborhood reeked of marijuana and is a very high density-area.

I was at a big-box retailer also with an N95 mask and two facial coverings in a rough area recently also. Many people who are of the group the ultra-liberal media talks about as being impacted the most percentage wise as a demographic were coughing terribly, had screaming children with no masks, many elderly shoping with their huge families with masks under the nose.

The only people who had surgical masks or N95 masks were construction workers working on site where they have an office on site.

When I am beautiful exurban areas of the metropolitan area people are masked in N-95 masks and two surgical masks and rare to hear coughing because people stay at home if sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 10:48 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,558,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
It is amazing how the liberal media elites talk about inequality this and that when comes to COVID-19

Yet, I was in a rough area this morning and people were outside in large numbers smoking marijuana and hacking up a lung in groups without masks.

The only people who had surgical masks or N95 masks were construction workers working on site where they have an office on site.

When I am beautiful exurban areas of the metropolitan area people are masked in N-95 masks and two surgical masks and rare to hear coughing because people stay at home if sick.
You want the media to report on people coughing in a specific rough neighborhood? How specific do you want the "liberal media" to be to you?

Old 02-03-2021, 11:45 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
I think that's one of the best counters to this whole thing being a huge major threat. I was thinking this driving through Atlanta's west side the other day and observing the people moving about. Outside some stores, there's virtually no compliance. People are gathering, not wearing face diapers, and yet, those neighborhoods aren't suddenly decimated barren wastelands bereft of all inhabitants.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Most people who smoke weed regularly don't cough much.

Hmmmm --

Old 02-03-2021, 11:56 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I think that's one of the best counters to this whole thing being a huge major threat. I was thinking this driving through Atlanta's west side the other day and observing the people moving about. Outside some stores, there's virtually no compliance. People are gathering, not wearing face diapers, and yet, those neighborhoods aren't suddenly decimated barren wastelands bereft of all inhabitants.

It is odd that the Covid didn't roar through the homeless encampments that dot so many major cities?

There is now more homeless than ever before and the population is only growing.

What are these people doing to avoid the virus?

Old 02-03-2021, 01:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is odd that the Covid didn't roar through the homeless encampments that dot so many major cities?
Who's saying it didn't? Given the mild to no symptoms, and the fact that the vast majority of cases are just a cold, why would any of the homeless people that certainly got it, have any reason to think it was anything special?

Old 02-03-2021, 06:53 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

I was at a big-box retailer also with an N95 mask and two facial coverings in a rough area recently also. Many people who are of the group the ultra-liberal media talks about as being impacted the most percentage wise as a demographic were coughing terribly, had screaming children with no masks, many elderly shoping with their huge families with masks under the nose.

Are there really areas with high population density in Arizona? I didn't know that. I guess it's all relative.

Old 02-03-2021, 06:56 PM

8,504 posts, read 4,747,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Most people who smoke weed regularly don't cough much.

Hmmmm --
This!!! LOL.

The bigger story isn’t the cannabis, but the lack of masks, anyway.

PSA to the OP - if you just call it marijuana, that’s a bit of a tipoff as to where you’re coming from as far as cannabis goes.

Old 02-03-2021, 07:41 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
This!!! LOL.

The bigger story isn’t the cannabis, but the lack of masks, anyway.

PSA to the OP - if you just call it marijuana, that’s a bit of a tipoff as to where you’re coming from as far as cannabis goes.
You have that last part reversed. Anytime I hear or read someone use that recent vintage term, "cannabis," I know I've got some heavy duty propaganda and shilling headed my way. These are the geniuses who assure us that THC is good for us and inhaling carcinogens is fine if it's marijuana. My query that is studiously avoided by said useful idiots is, "Why in the world don't you support distributing THC to kids? Why would anyone deny better health to children?"

"It's a plant! How in the world can a plant be bad for you, right? Duh!"

This is the usual level of cognitive power to which I've become accustomed with people who insist upon saying, "cannabis."

Old 02-03-2021, 07:51 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,430,950 times
I live in a white upper middle class neighborhood with Hmmmm " Educated" people. Less than a 1/4 of people wear masks or follow protocol. Something about being white, arrogant, stupid , and selfish.

Idiots cross all color barriers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies