Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 11:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I’m going to attempt to translate that into what a normal person not completely afflicted with ideology sees when you write that after having personal experience of the left’s dystopian future the left would usher in for us all. All hail the king!

Heaven forbid we should ask people for ID, verify millions upon millions of mail in votes, have some sort of system that makes sure the US election system works as it should, the news be actual news and not propaganda slanted almost entirely to one side. Heaven forbid we try to not have a conspiracy between government, business, unions, media, tech and “community activist” to not afflict the nation in terror to achieve its ends. After all, the Time article basically told you they had complete control over the BLM riots/protest. They were able to get them to “stand by” long enough to make sure the public didn’t remember their cities are still boarded up with BLM propaganda all over the protective barriers.

Meanwhile the left denigrates borders.

“Obviously the greengrocer is indifferent to the semantic content of the slogan on exhibit; he does not put the slogan in his window from any personal desire to acquaint the public with the ideal it expresses. This, of course, does not mean that his action has no motive or significance at all, or that the slogan communicates nothing to anyone. The slogan is really a sign, and as such it contains a subliminal but very definite message. Verbally, it might be expressed this way: "I, the greengrocer XY, live here and I know what I must do. I behave in the manner expected of me. I can be depended upon and am beyond reproach. I am obedient and therefore I have the right to be left in peace." This message, of course, has an addressee: it is directed above, to the greengrocer's superior, and at the same time it is a shield that protects the greengrocer from potential informers. The slogan's real meaning, therefore, is rooted firmly in the greengrocer's existence. It reflects his vital interests.”

https://hac.bard.edu/amor-mundi/the-...vel-2011-12-23
I think you get at most five years in this current asymmetric configuration before all hell breaks loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 11:16 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Quote:
Wow. For a group of people who seem to be self-anointed fascist headhunters, you don’t seem to be capable of seeing it directly in front of your eyes.

If you were curious you’d just start googling the names of the people in the article. It was purely partisan. Using a never-Trumper to claim bipartisanship just goes right along with all the other doublespeak in the article.

At 19:15 seconds you can literally watch Joe Biden tell you who started the “shadowy cabal”:

https://youtu.be/C6u1uKznCYw

Let’s see you vomit out an excuse for that.
I really think you need to point the finger at yourself in terms of partisanship.

I read the Time article. Trump and his henchmen wanted to overturn a legal election result. They tried through the courts, and had their cases declines. They went looking for fraud after reflexively declaring the election fraudulent. Trump was calling the election rigged before it took place! In the article, I learned that a number of people worked to make sure the election results were not overturned by electors and that vote counters were not intimidated,

Read the article for details. It does not say what you seem to think it does.

If you are not willing to read it, why would you comment on it?

Here’s the takeaway, as far as I’m concerned: plenty of people recognized the fragility of our democracy due to the nature of DJT. He refused to concede, and charged, without evidence, that the election was stolen from him, or rigged against him. He tried in various ways to get the result overturned. When that did not work, he instigated a riot which threatened the lives of elected officials, which included the Vice President. These are facts to which we are, ourselves, witnesses.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:40 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I read the Time article. Trump and his henchmen wanted to overturn a legal election result.
1. That's irrelevant to this discussion. This discussion is about the rigging of the election. He wouldn't have challenged the election if the rules hadn't been changed to make him lose.

2. Since the election was rigged (as members of "the cabal" have admitted to Time), he was justified in objecting to the alleged results.

Old 02-12-2021, 06:50 PM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
. This discussion is about the rigging of the election.
Incorrect. The discussion is about the article in Time, which detailed a movement to inform voters and make it easier for them to vote. .

Quote:
Since the election was rigged (as members of "the cabal" have admitted to Time), he was justified in objecting to the alleged results.
Still haven't read the article, have you?

Old 02-12-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I really think you need to point the finger at yourself in terms of partisanship.

I read the Time article. Trump and his henchmen wanted to overturn a legal election result. They tried through the courts, and had their cases declines. They went looking for fraud after reflexively declaring the election fraudulent. Trump was calling the election rigged before it took place! In the article, I learned that a number of people worked to make sure the election results were not overturned by electors and that vote counters were not intimidated,

Read the article for details. It does not say what you seem to think it does.

If you are not willing to read it, why would you comment on it?

Here’s the takeaway, as far as I’m concerned: plenty of people recognized the fragility of our democracy due to the nature of DJT. He refused to concede, and charged, without evidence, that the election was stolen from him, or rigged against him. He tried in various ways to get the result overturned. When that did not work, he instigated a riot which threatened the lives of elected officials, which included the Vice President. These are facts to which we are, ourselves, witnesses.
Fortunately you don’t get to have the right to tell me where my fingers need to be, comrade.

I’ve read the article at least three times in full. You can stop projecting your failures and horrible reading comprehension on someone else.

So to clarify your position. An Obama political appointee and political “wizard” for the AFL-CIO took it upon himself to “save the election” before The first COVID case was even diagnosed in the US. For the people with horrible memories this was occurring at the same time democrats were also claiming Trump would steal the election. Hillary Clinton would soon tell Biden to never conceded. We just found out there were FISA applications that had been falsified to continue spying on the Trump campaign. The Mueller Report had been released and they choose to not convict or recommend any prosecutions of a single person related to “Russian Collusion.” The democrats were enthralled in their real first attempt to impeach the president in a four year long campaign to remove a democratically elected POTUS. This “non-partisan” Superman took it upon himself to form a “shadowy cabal” of people who would then go on to control narratives, change laws through gubernatorial fiat, control rioters and the media.

I’m sorry that you’re not aware that you’re a “useful idiot” to the propaganda campaign but that does not back up your horribly insufficient assessments of what this article was proposing.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 02-12-2021 at 07:53 PM..

Old 02-12-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Still haven't read the article, have you?
Just because you are horrific at reading comprehension does not allow you the self-appointed right to project your inadequacies on others.

Old 02-13-2021, 07:17 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Incorrect. The discussion is about the article in Time, which detailed a movement to inform voters and make it easier for them to vote. .
The article specifically said they PREVENTED information form reaching voters, and making it easier to vote means CHANGING THE RULES.

So I am right about what the article says.

Old 02-13-2021, 11:19 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
1. That's irrelevant to this discussion. This discussion is about the rigging of the election. He wouldn't have challenged the election if the rules hadn't been changed to make him lose.

2. Since the election was rigged (as members of "the cabal" have admitted to Time), he was justified in objecting to the alleged results.
There has been no credible evidence of rigging. The courts have not supported Trump’s contention, in any particular of the legal proceedings. Charges against the manufacturers of the voting machines, which are unsubstantiated, are being met with slander lawsuits. TV networks which allowed the allegations, have abandoned them, because they know that in court they would be held liable. Because the charges have no merit.

My points are relevant. The Time article referenced in the subject line of this thread is the point if the thread, no?

Have you read the article?

Old 02-13-2021, 11:28 AM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Just because you are horrific at reading comprehension does not allow you the self-appointed right to project your inadequacies on others.
Oh, the irony ...

Quote:
Have you read the article?
You'd think that would be the first thing folks would do before commenting on the article, wouldn't you? *sigh*

Old 02-13-2021, 11:35 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The definition of FORTIFY is:
provide (a place) with defensive works as protection against attack.
Since when is fortifying our elections against an attack a bad thing?
What this thread really is about is preventing people from voting.
Since when are Russian FaceBook posts election interference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies