Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2021, 12:12 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times

Advertisements

If anyone hasn't read the entire article yet, I'd encourage it. It's a good read, and doesn't touch on anything that can be considered fraud or theft or any of Trump's lawyers' nonsense in the least.

Are the Trump apologists thinking his campaign didn't "influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information"? Because if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. Every campaign does those things.

Nevermind that most of the organizations mentioned in the article were bipartisan or non-partisan, and not connected to either the Biden or Trump campaigns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What this thread really is about is preventing people from voting.
Exactly, as well as encouraging people to vote, and helping to make the ability to vote as easy as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wasn't it amazing how they KNEW there was no election fraud practically IMMEDIATELY after the election?
Maybe because their heads were glued on straight instead of up Trump's behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, this thread is about an article reporting that a "cabal" conspired to steal the election by (1) facilitating illegal voting and (2) lying to the public and concealing the truth about issues relevant to the voters to cause voters to vote differently from how they would vote if they were properly informed.
Which votes were illegal, and how were voters lied to? Please be specific, citing examples with dates and sources. Thanks.

Quote:
By the way, the article says the campaign to facilitate illegal voting through vote-by-mail began in 2019, before we even knew about the Coronavirus.
Mail voting has been around for more than a century. It's illegal now? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Over the years, we have been successful in broadening the electoral base, while walking the fine line between rule by the responsible majority, and rule by the mob -- until now.
But it's OK if the mob votes the way you want it to, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Are they confessing to this as a way to take the focus off the actual voter fraud?
There was no actual voter fraud, outside of the usual handful of improperly cast votes. There is no "confessing". If you'd bother to read the entire article, you'd see that it details the many steps taken across the country by numerous groups of people - partisan, nonpartisan, and bipartisan - to ensure that as many people could vote as wanted to, that voters were not intimidated, and that votes were counted thoroughly and correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
The willingness of the left to wallow in gaslighting like this post knows no bounds. You regurgitate words like this on face value and check your brains at the door.
You probably should look up the word "gaslighting" again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Hard to believe 80M Americans could be so ****ing stupid.
I could say the same about 73 million American voters; however, I won't because that would be untrue. Trump's supporters aren't stupid; they've just been misled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
But instead of gerrymandering and rigging the election. They provided better access to everyone. Giving every citizen a chance to vote? The nerve!
Can you imagine. It wouldn't surprise me if Republicans started clamoring for poll taxes and voter aptitude tests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 12:12 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Give me the index numbers of the court cases that show mail in voting is open to fraud. What specific data are you using to form that opinion?

Old 02-06-2021, 12:24 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
Quote:
Can you help me? We've used mail in ballots since the civil war. I want to learn where it's actually been proven to be a problem. What court cases prove there's fraud with them?

Old 02-06-2021, 12:24 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
No, it's a mail-in ballot problem. And the notion that your personal experience is relevant is so silly I can hardly even respond.
Hey, it's more proof, even if an anecdote, that it doesn't happen like you claim vs. your proof it does (where is it? Stories of all the relationship pressures in mail in voting) Plus I live in a state that proves it's possible to do total mail in just fine without fraud, so it's more than just personal experience.

Old 02-06-2021, 01:11 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Can you help me? We've used mail in ballots since the civil war. I want to learn where it's actually been proven to be a problem. What court cases prove there's fraud with them?
Court cases? Do you not have a mind of your own?

Mail-in voting is by its nature insecure and subject to fraud. That's self-evident.

Anyone with a brain should immediately recognize that mail-in ballots offer the opportunity for someone other than the registered voter to do the voting in a number of different ways. Pressure, intimidation, fraud, payment. Destruction of ballots by postal workers in parts of town that tend to support one party or the other.

Sloppy procedures by election officials offer less readily apparent ways to commit fraud. Special non-counterfeitable envelopes can be steamed open so the a counterfeit ballot can be substituted for the voter's ballot.

Here is an account from someone who has done this.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/politi...il-in-ballots/

Old 02-06-2021, 01:25 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The definition of FORTIFY is:
provide (a place) with defensive works as protection against attack.
Since when is fortifying our elections against an attack a bad thing?
What this thread really is about is preventing people from voting.
Things like turning election day into a two month long event, and then trying to continue gathering and counting votes well after election, while eliminating portions of voting law which set procedures and protections to identify voters. That's what the Democrats see as fortifying, as in fortifying the means which will benefit a Biden win

Old 02-06-2021, 01:31 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
That is a very misleading statement, because you are inferring Mail-in ballots sent out willy-nilly to every swinging name on inaccurate voter registration, is the same as a registered voter applying for an absentee ballot. Mail-in ballots are much less secure, and wide open to fraud and abuse.

Old 02-06-2021, 01:41 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Mail-in voting is by its nature insecure and subject to fraud.
Do you not know the differnce between "evidence" and "subject to"?

Old 02-06-2021, 01:41 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
If you had your eyes open from 2015 to 2020, you could see all of it. Facebook, Twitter, Google, Apple, Microsoft, YouTube, many more: All of them conspired to attempt to guarantee the Democrat nominee would win long before they knew who it was. All the news media -- even Fox News -- wanted Trump gone and played ever trick in the book to make it happen. As the article says (and as can be verified by anyone who wants to fact check), they were pushing for mail-in voting before anyone knew that Covid-19 was a thing. They were pushing that way back in 2019. The Democrats have opposed voter-id for ages, which also helps enable cheating and fraud.

In order to prevent the outcome that this cabal of wealthy elite autocrats feared, they conspired to throw the election to Joe Biden by whatever means were necessary. How ironic is it that they conspired to subvert democracy, because in their twisted minds, they were protecting democracy.

The similarities to the Nazi takeover of Weimar Germany are astounding. They accuse their ideological opponents of being totalitarians and an immediate danger to society, all so they can preemptively institute totalitarianism themselves and place society in even greater danger.

So ... can we investigate now???

Old 02-06-2021, 01:50 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Do you not know the differnce between "evidence" and "subject to"?
I would certainly never accuse a Democrat of knowing what the word "evidence" means. They are still crowing about their failed Russiagate conspiracy theory. They still think that constantly bringing up something that has been thoroughly investigated and debunked is perfectly acceptable. But when the opposition dares even mention their belief that the election was stolen based on things that actually did happen, everything changes. Suddenly, it's wrong to investigate. Suddenly the word "evidence" get's completely redefined.

The current standard held by the Democrats and the Left for "evidence" is that something must be proven to be true beyond all doubt -- probably in a court of law. This is in no way similar to the actual definition of the word.

It never ceases to amaze me how the Left refuses to abide by the rules they create for others. Examples could fill thousands of pages.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 02-06-2021 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: Clean up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies