Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2021, 08:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Take 1000 wealthy white people from the West Side of Los Angeles and plop them down into a shantytown in Manila and then listen to middle class Filipinos blame the poor people already living there for not being able to compete.

Have you been to Asian countries, I have. There are many many many 100’s of millions who are undereducated and non ambitious. You see the ones here and assume they are all like that back home. Japan and South Korea are rich countries so they make bad examples on the whole to prop up an entire race with.

Like I said, the slice of these countries that come here are of upper echelon, which is true of Nigeria as well and the reason they do so well.

How hard is that to understand?!?
What you're saying is likely true the Asians immigrating to the US are selective and not representative of the Asian average they originate from, but I think the point is the false, alleged white racism isn't holding those classified as Asian from having better outcomes than whites and neither is the alleged white racism preventing blacks and Hispanics from having equal or better outcomes.

For the purposes of group outcomes we are operating under the US Census Bureau's group classifications and their average outcomes. The slightly higher than white median IQ is claimed only for East Asian populations and not all populations of Asia.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:29 PM

4,419 posts, read 5,151,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What you're saying is likely true the Asians immigrating to the US are selective and not representative of the Asian average they originate from, but I think the point is the false, alleged white racism isn't holding those classified as Asian from having better outcomes than whites and neither is the alleged white racism preventing blacks and Hispanics from having equal or better outcomes.

For the purposes of group outcomes we are operating under the US Census Bureau's group classifications and their average outcomes. The slightly higher than white median is claimed only for East Asian populations and not all populations of Asia.
Does for South Asians as well. African immigrants, though the minority of blacks in Queens push up the average income to be higher than whites, overall.

Sorry but you are only partially correct. While you or any other single white person couldn’t suppress black achievement with any significance, millions of whites with bias against blacks in particular (not even counting history, economics, war on drugs etc..) certainly would. Black reflection of themselves in this hellscape also causes self defeatism as well. A lot of bias + history + lack of money + the bad omens and luck that comes from that unholy clustrfyck is what your seeing. Just look at white recidivism in the US justice system vs Europeans. A system can screw up an entire group of people, very easily.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:45 PM

1,641 posts, read 1,644,918 times
" None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Unfortunately Blacks keep being slaves in America no matter the Republican president Lincoln abolished slavery. As per today , Blacks are the slaves of the Democrat party who uses them constantly for the division of America. The same democrats who founded their party in the south, the ones who owned plantations and slaves, are the ones who keep the blacks in the modern plantation of government programs, freebies, welfare, and now the "Slavery Reparation" to disburse billions of dollars from contributors that are not guilty of the slavery to be paid to people that never have been slaves and have all the protection and the opportunities like any other citizen under the US Constitution. Democrat party and administrations are proven to be the most divisive entities for America.
The American black will be truly free the day he wakes up and opens his eyes wide to who is truly his slave owner and stops blaming a "white supremacy" that does not exist, but the Marxist Communist ideology and Cultural and Historical Cancellation, which is who He wants to keep them ignorant and bound.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:56 PM

4,419 posts, read 5,151,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
" None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Unfortunately Blacks keep being slaves in America no matter the Republican president Lincoln abolished slavery. As per today , Blacks are the slaves of the Democrat party who uses them constantly for the division of America. The same democrats who founded their party in the south, the ones who owned plantations and slaves, are the ones who keep the blacks in the modern plantation of government programs, freebies, welfare, and now the "Slavery Reparation" to disburse billions of dollars from contributors that are not guilty of the slavery to be paid to people that never have been slaves and have all the protection and the opportunities like any other citizen under the US Constitution. Democrat party and administrations are proven to be the most divisive entities for America.
The American black will be truly free the day he wakes up and opens his eyes wide to who is truly his slave owner and stops blaming a "white supremacy" that does not exist, but the Marxist Communist ideology and Cultural and Historical Cancellation, which is who He wants to keep them ignorant and bound.
To many blacks are not on any government programs(unless you include serving in the military) for your statement to hold any water whatsoever.

While I do believe democrats probably prefer that blacks live their lives more aware of being a victim, it has only a small effect on their welfare, compared to other factors you obviously believe are figments of imagination.

I think what a lot of people mean by division to actual mean that many whites are not totally on board of the white is right consciousness train. That train has left the station now as we’ve had a black President and the world didn’t blow up.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Does for South Asians as well. African immigrants, though the minority of blacks in Queens push up the average income to be higher than whites, overall.

Sorry but you are only partially correct. While you or any other single white person couldn’t suppress black achievement with any significance, millions of whites with bias against blacks in particular (not even counting history, economics, war on drugs etc..) certainly would. Black reflection of themselves in this hellscape also causes self defeatism as well. A lot of bias + history + lack of money + the bad omens and luck that comes from that unholy clustrfyck is what your seeing. Just look at white recidivism in the US justice system vs Europeans. A system can screw up an entire group of people, very easily.
I haven't seen much evidence of whites acting out of bias against blacks whether they have a bias one way or the other. To tell the truth I see whites mostly mistreating each other and walking on eggshells around blacks and minorities. A lot of cities, systems and institutions aren't even run by whites anymore or not exclusively, and it makes no real difference. I won't disagree some whites have a bias but it's from bad experiences with blacks and not out of any preconceived notions or because they are a different race. Whites would have more reason to resent Asians and Hispanics imposing upon them than blacks if it weren't honestly so difficult dealing with typical black persons. And I think a lot of whites resent being made a scapegoat for black and now Hispanic outcomes.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:54 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Quote:
Take 1000 wealthy white people from the West Side of Los Angeles and plop them down into a shantytown in Manila and then listen to middle class Filipinos blame the poor people already living there for not being able to compete.

Have you been to Asian countries, I have. There are many many many 100’s of millions who are undereducated and non ambitious. You see the ones here and assume they are all like that back home. Japan and South Korea are rich countries so they make bad examples on the whole to prop up an entire race with.

Like I said, the slice of these countries that come here are of upper echelon, which is true of Nigeria as well and the reason they do so well.

How hard is that to understand?!?
Yes, I've visited Asian nations. I know there are less than super-achievers there.

That doesn't change what I wrote. There have been immigrants from places like South Korea as well as refugee children from Vietnam who got here speaking no English and within years they're heading to the Ivy Leagues. Their Vietnamese parents came from a culture totally alien to the WASP culture that the left claims taints these exams. How did these kids do so well given the culture of Vietnam and the white American culture the left accuses of tainting these exams are so divergent?

I have personally known immigrants from South Korea whose parents were working-class back home; they did not have college degrees to begin with, but they pushed their kids hard in America. The kids made it big.

You don't know that those who come here are ALL upper echelon. Again - you do NOT. Don't say you do.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Quote:
Went to school with a few blacks (regular people from modest backgrounds) who on the surface weren’t anything to mystify about. One had a 128 IQ and the other 136. Much higher than the average Japanese even. I personally don’t put much stock in IQ tests anyway but these results imply BS to the race intrinsic intelligence argument.

And if visual prejudice doesn’t exist then why has every US President been tall? What, only tall people have the cognitive ability to lead an executive branch of government? Oddly enough, you need to be tall to play basketball as well. Lol

Some of you here look so darned desperate..sad..
I've met plenty of very intelligent blacks too. My favorite author at the moment is Thomas Sowell - he is a genius. What's your point?

Old 02-16-2021, 10:29 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Yes, I've visited Asian nations. I know there are less than super-achievers there.

That doesn't change what I wrote. There have been immigrants from places like South Korea as well as refugee children from Vietnam who got here speaking no English and within years they're heading to the Ivy Leagues. Their Vietnamese parents came from a culture totally alien to the WASP culture that the left claims taints these exams. How did these kids do so well given the culture of Vietnam and the white American culture the left accuses of tainting these exams are so divergent?

I have personally known immigrants from South Korea whose parents were working-class back home; they did not have college degrees to begin with, but they pushed their kids hard in America. The kids made it big.

You don't know that those who come here are ALL upper echelon. Again - you do NOT. Don't say you do.
Quick question. Not really OT. For you, Urban or anyone who spent time in Asian nations. Is it true that elders of the community there are greatly respected as I have read about? Like a different world from here where knowledge that comes with age is sought out rather than scoffed at? Someone mentioned to me that if you tried to "Hey Boomer" an elder in Korea you'd get your face slapped off.

My understanding is that the US and EU are the most youth centric of any countries. We also have the most (seemingly) prevalent breakdown of the family. I don't think I need to explain the connection as so many comments were about that factor when it comes to environments influencing ones success.

My own personal experience with both Greek and Lebanese families proves that they are very tight. Family members take it upon themselves not to let anyone fall through the cracks. Not surprisingly, these families are successful. Just wondering.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:50 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Thomas Sowell pretty effectively dismantled Charles Murrays nonsense many years ago. I suspect he has done more reading and research than Murray and the rest of us combined.
Sowell doesn't prove that all races are intellectually equal. He does show that IQ scores have an environmental component. But he doesn't address the fact that the white/black gap is roughly the same across the world. Or the fact that it hasn't narrowed in a hundred years. Or the fact that significant increases in spending on public-education seems to have no effect. He also doesn't address interracial adoption studies.

His argument is that differences in environments are sufficient to account for the black-white gap. Which is true. But does that mean differences in environments between white and black Americans explains the IQ gap? No. Poor whites who live in the same neighborhoods, go to the same schools, and eat similar diets, score higher on IQ tests. Adopted white children also score higher than the adopted black children in the interracial adoption studies.

Through DNA testing we're discovered how many genes work, and which ones are correlated to higher intelligence. If the government wanted to it could fund a study on race, genes, and intelligence which could settle once and for all whether intelligence is equally-distributed across distant populations.

They can even do MRI scans on your brain and predict within a relatively small margin-of-error what your IQ is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroi...f_intelligence

So should we? And why don't we?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 02-16-2021 at 11:36 PM..

Old 02-16-2021, 10:58 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Like so many pointed out, we are spending way too much time and energy on this topic. My favorite analogy is a pack of cards. You cannot plan any card games when every card in the deck is an 8. Look at a large pack of wolves. There is a natural hierarchy that exists and the same basic hierarchy exists in mankind.
What is the purpose and cause of the human hierarchy? Why is it a good thing? In what sense did precivilization peoples(natives) have hierarchies? What is the difference between their hierarchies and ours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Back to the pack of card analogy. Why does the 4 card harbor so much hatred and envy over the 8 card? Why does the 8 card lose sleep because they are not a Queen? The answer is obvious, it's wasted energy.
Does the 4 and 8 represent whites and blacks? Or does it represent lesser and greater intelligence? In either case, why can't you have a society that is all 8's? Do you need a queen? Why? And why don't the 8's like the Queen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies