Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 09:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
As if Democrats can really do anyone any good. After decades of control in Detroit, DC, Philly, Chicago, it gets worse and worse, and of course it's not their fault. And not that they would stop at predominately black cities, now we see what they are doing to Minniapolis, Portland, Seattle, LA, SF. We see what 100% Democrat control does, once they entrench their failed systems into one city after the next
Youi make no sense.

Nothing wrong iwth getting married young...unless you think there is -- and whta has that to do with Minneapolis.....

Do the young in the northeast not get married young?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 09:15 AM

19,271 posts, read 17,143,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Do you have a source to disprove this or do you just hate the message it sends?

We all know that liberals think marriage is overrated but marriage tends to presage better outcomes in pretty much every metric of human happiness and health that counts.
When a source is classified as a Conservative & Right leaning it does go to the question asked, you can't say that a Liberal, Left leaning new source isn't eyed with the same suspicion.

Marriage is a personal choice that is becoming less and less desirable as the years go by regardless of political affiliation and is not the benchmark standard that determines happiness and health. So based on this trend can we assume that less and less will be voting Republican in the years to come?

Ref: https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/in...F-009B041CFE17

Old 02-15-2021, 09:16 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,228,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That might be because younger people haven’t yet married, and young people are idealistic fools more often than adults who have experienced real life.

Very nice Rachel. How about we call young people "idealistic" rather than "idealistic fools". My daughter is not a fool. There may be a correlation between experiencing "real life" and idealism, but you haven't proved it. Failing in real life is one thing that may correlate to voting for Trump, but not all of us are failures.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:19 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,069,554 times
"Family Research Council", funny.

Has the study been correlated for age?

Old 02-15-2021, 09:24 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,825,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Single people don't yet realize that a woman needs to stay home and raise the children.

Lessons like these are only learned through actual living.
Except they don’t. Maybe a man needs to stay home or kids go to daycare or a family member takes care of them when parents are working. Or maybe a couple decides not to have kids. Or a maybe a single person decides to raise a child.

1950 is GONE and it’s not coming back.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:27 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,703,298 times
I guess I'm the exception because to me being single makes more sense to vote conservative. At the end of the day Democrats are going to put more $ into families and forget about single folks. I'm not saying I want to see married people with kids have a hard life but most of the people I know who are having a tougher time financially are responsible for it because of not being able to budget and spending to much on kids.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:27 AM

5,584 posts, read 2,316,449 times
Younger people are more likely to vote Democrat AND younger people are less likely to be married.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:33 AM

15,878 posts, read 6,580,182 times
Sure, being older and having to support kids tends to make you more conservative. You have more to lose, so you tend to resist change.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:35 AM

9,476 posts, read 10,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Youi make no sense.

Nothing wrong iwth getting married young...unless you think there is -- and whta has that to do with Minneapolis.....

Do the young in the northeast not get married young?
I married in my early 20s and I do not regret it. Marrying young means growing up and NOT spending 10 extra years being an extended adolescent, being promiscuous and living from bar to bar. Living a seedy life IMO would predispose one to voting leftist. After all it is the left who supports a more libertine set of values and free handouts to fund it all.

It makes sense that married people care more about family values, real economic opportunity and safe schools and neighborhoods. It is in the best interest of married people to vote Republican.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:43 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
I’m straight. I’m also an SF Bay Area native.

When I saw the thread title, without looking at anything else (and the OP member is unfamiliar to me), my first thought was that the OP, and a link if included, are probably about heterosexual marriage, and I was right.

There probably aren’t enough SSMs to make the thread title inaccurate but, to reflect the link the OP used more accurately, the thread title probably should have been something like ‘Americans in Heterosexual Marriages More Likely to Vote Republican’.

Some people may not like that SSM exists, and some people may think it isn’t valid, but that really is irrelevant. SSM is legal, and it isn’t going to go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies