Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 12:35 PM

8,388 posts, read 4,376,951 times

Advertisements

Total lack of acuity and perception. Just what you want in a senator.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:39 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,743,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
So the best you can do is “what about”?
If the Republicans are expect to be in their state running around doing stuff for any disaster, why to the Democrats get a free pass? Conversely, if it's not a reasonable expectation for Democrats, why pretend that it is a reasonable expectation for Republicans??

And more to the point: You didn't answer the question, because you have no answer.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:41 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,977,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I’m still wondering what he could have done here except try to earn political points and get in the way. I’m sure Sheila Jackson Lee is somewhere here in front of a camera, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing. If he was here doing anything y’all would be saying it was shameless opportunism and he was trying to use this for fundraising. The man is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.
https://www.upworthy.com/beto-welfar...-texas-seniors

Old 02-19-2021, 12:42 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,754,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If the Republicans are expect to be in their state running around doing stuff for any disaster, why to the Democrats get a free pass? Conversely, if it's not a reasonable expectation for Democrats, why pretend that it is a reasonable expectation for Republicans??

And more to the point: You didn't answer the question, because you have no answer.
I'm sorry, but I FULLY remember the news reports about Democratic politicians (one of hem FROM Texas) ignoring their own advice on pandemic restrictions and getting lambasted for doing so (rightfully). So my apologies to the NewsMax/OANN crowd but it CERTAINLY is not a "free pass" situation....

Old 02-19-2021, 12:45 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,743,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Well, obviously you care. But meanwhile you give Crudz [sic] a pass. I'm very curious to know why that is.
What I'm calling for is consistency. If it is reasonable to expect that Senators and Congresspeople must be in their states during any and all ongoing disasters, they that standard must be applied consistently.

So let's say that Senator Cruz needs to be in-state for this disaster. Well then, show me where Nancy Pelosi consistently flew back to and stayed in California when the state was on fire. If she actually did that, then the expectation is not hypocritical. Obviously, nobody was keeping track of whether or not Nancy Pelosi was in state and actively doing something. Consider that for a moment. Nobody on this forum can tell me right off the top of their heads whether or not Nancy Pelosi ever went on vacation while people in her district and state were burning and many of them dying. Why don't we know that??? If we don't know that, then why are we keeping tabs on Senator Cruz???

Short Version: Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:52 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
The optics for him and his PRIVILEGED FAMILY are horrible.

It seems to me this would have been a good teaching moment for his kids. Look kids, we are privileged, millions on this state are not and suffering awful hardship. Within our capacity, we should be looking for ways to help - not taking a cushy vacay. They should have been told NO.

And he should have been working with his staff assigned to constituent needs to help where they could - or, at the very least, LOOK like he's trying to help.

Geez.....

Old 02-19-2021, 01:00 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,669,312 times
Same ol' story, politician, religious "leader," CEO, celebrity, fill in the blank, gets caught w/ his/her privileged mindset doing something they don't think is "wrong," but the rest of us know is.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:02 PM

57,357 posts, read 26,263,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What I'm calling for is consistency. If it is reasonable to expect that Senators and Congresspeople must be in their states during any and all ongoing disasters, they that standard must be applied consistently.

So let's say that Senator Cruz needs to be in-state for this disaster. Well then, show me where Nancy Pelosi consistently flew back to and stayed in California when the state was on fire. If she actually did that, then the expectation is not hypocritical. Obviously, nobody was keeping track of whether or not Nancy Pelosi was in state and actively doing something. Consider that for a moment. Nobody on this forum can tell me right off the top of their heads whether or not Nancy Pelosi ever went on vacation while people in her district and state were burning and many of them dying. Why don't we know that??? If we don't know that, then why are we keeping tabs on Senator Cruz???

Short Version: Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
If Cruz was in DC working he would get a pass. If Kamala Harris went to the Bahamas on vacation during the fires she would deserve criticism.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I had CNN on in the background for a few hours, and while other anchors on the show are on the Gov. Cuomo bit (some seem harder on it than others)....crickets when it's Chris Cuomo's turn. And I get that he doesn't want to attack his own brother, but I'm honestly thinking that Chris should possibly take a leave of absence for awhile, because honestly, it seems awkward/bad/conflicting at the moment.
The lighter days of CNN's Cuomo Brothers show are long gone

CNN is covering that story, but not on Chris Cuomo's show. The network said it had reinstated a prohibition on Cuomo interviewing or doing stories about his brother that it had temporarily lifted last spring.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lighter-d...080017304.html

Old 02-19-2021, 01:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,646 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Another tweet of Cruz's, from 2018 has resurfaced.

"I'll believe in Global Warming when Texas freezes over".

Hooey, this is not a good day to be Ted, er, Rafael.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies