Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 10:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I assume it's the cost for the study. It's ridiculous.

Why don't they just give the $12M away for COVID relief?

Taxpayers footing the bill for this nonsense...

YEAH! Joe should play more golf, that way we can pay to fly a 747 around for golf outings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 10:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Not sure why they need a commission... they have talked about this forever.

Biden has signed 54 EOs in under a month... some of which were prepared beforehand. They have had time to continually harass Trump. If they really wanted to do this, it would be done already. It would have been done with the black president and a fully Democrat lead Congress ten years ago when they promoted it.

This legislation is the same legislation rehashed from a deceased legislator back in 1989.

Nearly 180 Democrats support forming $12 million, 13-member slavery reparations commission

Nearly 180 Democratic lawmakers have signed on to legislation that would form a 13-member commission to study slavery reparations at a cost of $12 million.

The Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act was reintroduced in the new session of Congress and now has 162 Democratic co-sponsors in the House and 17 Democratic co-sponsors in the Senate. The Senate version was introduced by New Jersey Democratic Sen. Cory Booker. The bill was first introduced by former Michigan Democratic Rep. John Conyers in 1989.

The legislation seeks to "address the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to study and consider a national apology and proposal for reparations for the institution of slavery."

I'm just telling you ... nothing tangible will ever get done on this. It is more valuable to them to use the issue to help get themselves elected than to solve the problem and take the issue off of the table.

Look at Biden's statement...

The White House has said President Joe Biden supports the legislation that would set up the commission. Vice President Kamala Harris was a co-sponsor of the bill as a senator.

"He certainly would support a study of reparations," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said at the White House press briefing on Wednesday.

Studying reparations is fine. Actually paying for reparations won't get done by them.

Disclaimer: I don't think reparations on the whole will do much good. It would put money in one's pocket, but won't change any habits that lead to a more prosperous lifestyle. If we keep having kids in single parent family structures, money won't make any long term change.

Are you implying no good kids come from single parent households?

Bad news for all those widowed by our endless wars of choice raising children.

Old 02-20-2021, 11:28 AM

1,226 posts, read 633,459 times
The Democrats are the new slave owners, they are just dangling a carrot for AA. They see you as their needy voter base. They already have you where they want you, and reparations aren’t part of their equation. It’s just another way of holding their power over you. You should be insulted by their propaganda.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:18 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am Jewish and my ancestors arrived starting in 1896,coming through I'm guessing 1914. They should be exempt from paying reparations or paying for any "commission" to study the issue.

Further, I should be entitled to reparations paid by the world because of:
  1. Egyptian slavery;
  2. Roman dismemberment of our civilization;
  3. Moorish pogroms occurring even during the "Golden Age" in Spain;
  4. The Spanish Inquisition and auto-da-fe's, or "acts of faith";
  5. Numerous expulsions from England;
  6. Luther's persecutions;
  7. The Russian pogroms; and
  8. Last but certainly not least, at the risk of violating Godwin's Law, the Nazi Holocaust.
By that logic, I'm owed big time. Send me a check.
Whoa on #1... God allowed Israel to plunder the Egyptians on the way out - and they got a bunch of gold and silver.

That one has been paid.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:21 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Just playing the percentages. There are no tricks here.

I know sometimes you just feel the need to say something... but you aren't stupid, right?

Quote:
YEAH! Joe should play more golf, that way we can pay to fly a 747 around for golf outings.
In most cases, I am not going to fault any president for having leisure time.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:22 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Whoa on #1... God allowed Israel to plunder the Egyptians on the way out - and they got a bunch of gold and silver.

That one has been paid.
But was that the equivalent value for the services rendered? Also the gold and silver went into the Golden Calf. Now one can take the position that the Hebrews were building idols in the form of pyramids in Egypt.

I think we'd need valuation experts to determine if the value of the property taken was adequate recompense for the services rendered? And did it equal $15 per hour in 2021 dollars?

Old 02-20-2021, 03:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:

Let's just say statistics show they have an uphill battle.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:39 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
The Democrats are the new slave owners, they are just dangling a carrot for AA. They see you as their needy voter base. They already have you where they want you, and reparations aren’t part of their equation. It’s just another way of holding their power over you. You should be insulted by their propaganda.
Most people with an average IQ know know this, and most people with eyes can see this. The only ones that are oblivious to this are those on the democrat plantation, and the only ones who are okay with this are self loathing whites.

Old 02-20-2021, 07:17 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Well, if cash reparations are ever paid then the slate needs to be wiped clean. Reparations are an apology, acknowledgement that it happened, and compensation. Then the debt is paid.
I agree but the thing is nothing will change & people will just say they need more.

Old 02-20-2021, 07:20 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
wait,..so like,..it will cost 12million just to make this committee to talk about reparations?

Or they are saying 12million will cover The Reparations? lol.

If the former,. They basically are creating this 'job' that they can say they do and get 12million to talk on Zoom?
Sign me up!

No kidding. I agree. $12m for a 13 person committee? Roughly $925k each to discuss something so completely ridiculous that it will never happen... Sign me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies