Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 08:45 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
That has nothing to do with official Florida figures.

Anyways the proof is in the pudding when it comes to our hospital data. Our hospitals are empty while our bars, nightclubs, and restaurants are full. I've had to elbow my way to the bar through maskless patrons, like it was 2019.

I'm thinking of a getaway to the Florida Keys before it gets too hot there. Is late March or early April a good time to go?

Old 02-22-2021, 08:47 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Nope. I live in Miami Beach, and it cannot enforce local mandates on masks, due to deSantis' executive order back in September. So people and businesses are doing what they want. Some places require masks, some don't. And no restaurant I know is voluntarily maintaining reduced capacity, what a laughably stupid thing to suggest.
The mask mandate is a county item, does not matter what Miami beach desires. At that, I been to Miami beach plenty of times and seen plenty of mask wearing, so not sure where you are getting there is not.

https://www.miamidade.gov/global/ini...endment-1.page

There are county restriction on restaurant capacity. It is enforced, they have been closing places down (do you really live here? Because this stuff is blasted in the news)

https://www.miamidade.gov/global/ini...me%20household.

Old 02-22-2021, 08:48 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
The mask mandate is a county item, does not matter what Miami beach desires. At that, I been to Miami beach plenty of times and seen plenty of mask wearing, so not sure where you are getting there is not.
Yes, everyone is doing what they want. Some wear masks, and others don't. I estimate only 25% are wearing masks outside. Like I said, enforcing mask mandates is impossible due to deSantis executive order. There is no mask mandate is the point. If someone is wearing a mask it's due to voluntary action.

And no, restaurant capacity is not enforced. Every restaurant I went to so far has been full to the gills.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
No, Miami-Dade can enforce the mask mandate the court ruled. It was suspended in September, judge ruled the county can now enforce it.

Restaurant capacity is also enforced, have no idea where you are getting it is not. I was just in MB two weeks ago and seen restaurants pretty much abiding by the rules regarding spacing and capacity. A restaurant can be full, they just must maintain table spacing.

I will be there tomorrow also (if it does not rain, which I think it will, but I think it is the late afternoon it will rain, I will be there for lunch), so will see the update.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:12 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
No, Miami-Dade can enforce the mask mandate the court ruled. It was suspended in September, judge ruled the county can now enforce it.
I cannot keep up with all these rulings. All I know is, I don't need or wear a mask in most places I go to. Only national chains like CVS, Walgreens, etc require a mask.

Go to Komodo, and see a 50% capacity restaurant lol. Or my favorita, Villa Azur.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:31 PM

6,743 posts, read 6,733,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Seventy posts in and no one remembered that the reason given for the lockdowns was so that the hospitals and morgues wouldn't get overwhelmed.
And then California started manufacturing its own formulas for measuring ICU capacity and even worse, refusing to share how it was making four week ICU utilization projections. At no point did the state ever have fewer than 1000 ICU and at no point did the Bay Area drop below 15% availability. Moreover, the increases and decreases had nothing to do with the status of outdoor dining. The number one factor in COVID spread in the state was living in overcrowded housing, which was only exacerbated by the silly lockdowns.

One of the reasons Newsolini is in so much trouble is that he ignored all science and facts, and tried to make up his own data.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Florida's death rate is higher than Califonria's.
Not if you adjust for the fact that 21% of Florida is >65 vs. just 15% of California.

The outbreak in California correlated most closely to the percentage of homes in a zip code that were overcrowded. This is a big problem in pockets of LA as well as in ag communities in the Central Valley. This is why opening/closing outdoor dining had no impact on transmission rates.

It almost got funny at points. Because California is now sending $330 million in annual subsidies to TV/Film not to shoot elsewhere, Gavin declared filming a commercial to be an "essential service". And then when pressed on why 1,200 ICU beds were available when he said ICUs were 100% full, was forced to admit that the formulas for current and future capacity were literally made up, and the math behind the projections couldn't be shared. Needless to say, public health officials have been crushing California's government for making up #'s.

California's been in the top 5 for unemployment rate for most of the pandemic, and in 2020, more people in San Francisco died from overdoses than COVID. The COVID hysterics are like a QAnon of the left, no amount of data or facts will convince them how stupid and ineffective the lockdowns were, so they respond with theories, made up data, and nonsense.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:45 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
And then California started manufacturing its own formulas for measuring ICU capacity and even worse, refusing to share how it was making four week ICU utilization projections. At no point did the state ever have fewer than 1000 ICU and at no point did the Bay Area drop below 15% availability. Moreover, the increases and decreases had nothing to do with the status of outdoor dining. The number one factor in COVID spread in the state was living in overcrowded housing, which was only exacerbated by the silly lockdowns.

One of the reasons Newsolini is in so much trouble is that he ignored all science and facts, and tried to make up his own data.

But on the California forum, filled with leftists, they insist that he saved thousands of lives with his shutdowns. They said in full seriousness, they should arrest people for going outside without a mask but it was okay for Newsom to release violent felons from jail due to "Covid overcrowding".

Old 02-22-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Yes, let's remember the scare mongering - we need to mask and distance or our hospitals will be overrun

Well, we in Florida have not. We haven't masked. We haven't socially distanced. Our restaurants are open. Our nightclubs are open. We're wide open for all the tourists.

And yet our hospitals are not overrun. Fancy that.
No joke, we still have to wear masks when playing doubles tennis outside. It's absurd.

I was in Miami Beach in November and it felt like I had been let out of jail it was so open. Being able to walk up to a pool bar and order a drink felt like an amazing privilege.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Av77qSF0y0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies