Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 03:06 AM

34,376 posts, read 18,754,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Tiger Woods is yesterday's news and no one cares if he lives or dies. He is just another over paid has been prima donna .
He is 3/4 Thai and 1/4 Black but the Media promotes him as Black. That's why this is news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 03:17 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,515,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Seriously?

Athletes literally contribute nothing to the society. They don’t create, invest, or create wealth by playing a few balls.

How is this guys injury more important than everything else going on in this world?
Who said it was more important than everything else in the world? Today`s WaPo has about a dozen stories on their front page but it`s the Trump riot that`s above the fold.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
yet we hear nothing about India's massive farmer protest.
Maybe we don`t hear about it because a substantial percentage of our citizens would struggle trying to find India on a map.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:38 AM

2,828 posts, read 831,375 times
Quote:
Seriously?

Athletes literally contribute nothing to the society. They don’t create, invest, or create wealth by playing a few balls.

How is this guys injury more important than everything else going on in this world?
This is an opportunity for the media to gain points with the black community.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Charity is immoral. Do you not know that?
It`s only immoral when you rob your own charity.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:18 AM

12,508 posts, read 8,283,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He is 3/4 Thai and 1/4 Black but the Media promotes him as Black. That's why this is news.
Because it never mattered what percentage of Black someone in America was, they were single drop ruled as Black anyway. That Tiger Woods excelled in a sport where many of the venues would not allow someone with that known single drop to become a member made him more than just one of the greatest of his day in the general media coverage. And that was with Tiger Woods being an early proponent of wanting to be called multiracial

If Asians were the primary target and not colateral damage in the society's past attempts to keep down those with any known African heritage Woods' emergence would have been treated differently, as just a great athlete

Old 02-24-2021, 04:19 AM

13,659 posts, read 10,065,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Wow, that must mean that my life is totally devoid of meaning. I mean, I haven't given a **** about sports EVER. Must I now go and blow my brains out because I finally know how useless and empty my life has been?

Hmmmmmmmmm..........
Aw come on man don’t be so hard on yourself. You may not be the kind of person that tries to push limits, but you’re certainly creative, I mean you chose a lovely blue to bold my post so good job! Not all bad!

Old 02-24-2021, 04:52 AM

4,812 posts, read 3,334,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
One of my relatives (who loved playing golf, tennis, running, etc., and loved watching a wide range of sports) once said to me that most people don’t realize how much better professional and top tier amateur athletes are than the average Joe/average athlete, and I think he was right.

One of my football teammates on our elementary school team (representing the school) was so head and shoulders above anyone in our area, let alone school, in athletic ability that it was laughable. His father had played in the majors (MLB), and his grandfather in the minors. He played both football and baseball in college (he had a full scholarship re football, but he would have qualified for an academic scholarship...the head football coach had lured him away right before he was about to commit to Harvard). The Yankees offered him a signing bonus to leave while he was in college (he helped lead the team to the final eight for the College World Series), but he wanted to get his degree, and be drafted by the NFL. He got his wish. He was selected in the NFL draft (same position he played in elementary school), but he had a career ending injury before the regular season started, so he never got to play a regular season down in the NFL.
Of course. Although it varies slightly by sport but over-all only 7 percent of kids that play sports in High School will be talented enough to compete in college, including junior college.

https://scholarshipstats.com/varsityodds

Old 02-24-2021, 04:55 AM

34,376 posts, read 18,754,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Because it never mattered what percentage of Black someone in America was, they were single drop ruled as Black anyway. That Tiger Woods excelled in a sport where many of the venues would not allow someone with that known single drop to become a member made him more than just one of the greatest of his day in the general media coverage. And that was with Tiger Woods being an early proponent of wanting to be called multiracial

If Asians were the primary target and not colateral damage in the society's past attempts to keep down those with any known African heritage Woods' emergence would have been treated differently, as just a great athlete
Total B.S. By the time Tiger Woods came up there were no restrictions on Blacks in Golf. Ask Calvin Peete and Ernie Els. Get educated or remain ignorant. Your choice.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:57 AM

16,286 posts, read 7,022,720 times
Response: Opinion

After his first car accident.......I said family problems.
After his second car accident I said health problems.
After his third accident I said............he just can't drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies