Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 06:30 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
To me its obvious what’s going on. I hope I’m wrong though, I am most of the time. But IMO somebody is rigging the school system: meaning all the “have nots” will be in public schools being taught useless knowledge of gender identity and wokeness , while the “haves” will send their kids to private schools for STEM studies. Guess who wins.

If this was all planned (for whatever reason)I applaud them for their undermining skills.

That's why they need to abolish the public schools completely and give families vouchers to send their kids to private schools. Government can give loans to talented teachers so they can pool up and lease the space in the sites that used to house public schools (with the infrastructure in place) or rent out office space to teach a small pod of students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2021, 06:33 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Academic success is pretty much the only way for Asian kids to move up in the US.
They have no chance in sports, performing arts, music...or just being a "good looking blond guy/girl" to be hired.
Most people no matter their race and gender, have no chance in sports, performing arts, music, or just being good looking and getting hired.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:37 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Most people no matter their race and gender, have no chance in sports, performing arts, music, or just being good looking and getting hired.
Depending on how you define success.

Very few people can be a super star, but many can manage to be a low-level professional athlete or coach.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:38 PM

1,175 posts, read 551,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
uyghurs are living in concentration camps in china: tortured, raped, sterilized.

you don't recognize sarcasm?

as a chinese green card employee living and working in america, you criticize america?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
That's why they need to abolish the public schools completely and give families vouchers to send their kids to private schools.
Well then private schools wouldn’t be private anymore right ? Then public schools will become “private” , and round a round it goes.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:38 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,258,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
To me its obvious what’s going on. I hope I’m wrong though, I am most of the time. But IMO somebody is rigging the school system: meaning all the “have nots” will be in public schools being taught useless knowledge of gender identity and wokeness , while the “haves” will send their kids to private schools for STEM studies. Guess who wins.

If this was all planned (for whatever reason)I applaud them for their undermining skills.
It's no conspiracy, but this will be the effect.

Eventually no one with means will send their children to public schools.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:40 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually I was well qualified to dis people over typos when I was in the sixth grade. Want an interesting experience try growing up the eldest child of two English Majors one of who is brilliant. Mother was the ultimate English Major. During her entire academic career from grade school through college, through graduate school, through law school, through an LLM in taxation she received all As but one C. The guy who gave her the C was a professor in NYU. She forced him to resign.
No comment.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:42 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No comment.
Well said..

Old 02-28-2021, 06:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually I was well qualified to dis people over typos when I was in the sixth grade. Want an interesting experience try growing up the eldest child of two English Majors one of who is brilliant. Mother was the ultimate English Major. During her entire academic career from grade school through college, through graduate school, through law school, through an LLM in taxation she received all As but one C. The guy who gave her the C was a professor in NYU. She forced him to resign.
Like this, "mensch"? (A mensch, again, by your own self-assessment).

"Could have but I am a 1%. Suffering the unable is considered bad form. And yes I guessed what you meant. But why should I do that? Better to invite you to express your though in reasonable English"

I'm not sure you can claim your mother's successes as your own, BTW. That's bravado by proxy. Completely unearned.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:46 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
Depending on how you define success.

Very few people can be a super star, but many can manage to be a low-level professional athlete or coach.
Nope, not even most D1 college players are ever going to the pros, let alone a majority of the population. Only on average 5% of D1 players any given year will turn pro.

Academics, employable skills, are the only way for most anyone regardless of race and gender, to get ahead, not just Asians.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:48 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
A problem is, most policy makers in the US are not STEM majors.
If they studied math or engineering there would have been much less BS.
Absolutely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies