Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 09:06 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You seem to know less about John than most people do. John was indeed a part of blm until they figured he was too extreme even for them, which is why they banned him from their events. Just because they banned him doesn't mean he was never involved with them, like you are trying to pretend. And, it does not mean that he does not continue to consider himself a part of blm.
You are so easily proven wrong that you should be ashamed. Here are the actual words of BLM organizers LAST NOVEMBER.

John has been kicked from the #SaltLakeCity and #Portland protest scenes due to alarming behaviors including grifting/profiteering, self-promotion/clout chasing, sabotage of community actions, threats of violence, and — maybe most disturbingly — ties to the far-right.

https://twitter.com/RebellionBaby/st...02011147620352

You got that? He was BANNED from BLM rallies because of TIES TO THE FAR RIGHT back in November.

He most certainly was not representing BLM at the Trump insurrection and only the most gullible Trump apologists could possibly say otherwise given the irrefutable proof I've given you. You pretending to know what he was thinking is laughable.

I've supplied proof and links, you've supplied nothing but gaslighting and insults. If you've got any actual proof that he or anyone else representing BLM attended the Trump insurrection then let's see it. Otherwise, you're just making a fool out of yourself.

Last edited by kdog; 03-07-2021 at 09:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 11:00 PM

23,609 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You are so easily proven wrong that you should be ashamed. Here are the actual words of BLM organizers LAST NOVEMBER.

John has been kicked from the #SaltLakeCity and #Portland protest scenes due to alarming behaviors including grifting/profiteering, self-promotion/clout chasing, sabotage of community actions, threats of violence, and — maybe most disturbingly — ties to the far-right.

https://twitter.com/RebellionBaby/st...02011147620352

You got that? He was BANNED from BLM rallies because of TIES TO THE FAR RIGHT back in November.

He most certainly was not representing BLM at the Trump insurrection and only the most gullible Trump apologists could possibly say otherwise given the irrefutable proof I've given you. You pretending to know what he was thinking is laughable.

I've supplied proof and links, you've supplied nothing but gaslighting and insults. If you've got any actual proof that he or anyone else representing BLM attended the Trump insurrection then let's see it. Otherwise, you're just making a fool out of yourself.
Wow, you're so off the rails. I'd already stated that blm wanted nothing to do with him. But, that doesn't mean he is not still a blm supporter. With your twisted reasoning, that people cannot be supporters of a certain person or group if that certain person or group doesn't want them to be, are you saying that some/many of the others that were there were not Trump supporters?

Quote:
He founded Insurgence USA, a protest group for “racial justice and police reform,” and began referring to himself as “Activist John” — filling his Twitter feeds with anti-President Trump rhetoric and posts supporting Black Lives Matter, as well as about his participation in recent protests.

“I was worried about people recognizing me and thinking that I was Antifa or, like, BLM or whatever,” he told the outlet. “The entire time they’re yelling, ‘F— Antifa! F—, BLM.’ I’m not saying I’m Antifa, by any means. But I definitely believe Black Lives Matter.”
https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/who-is...-capitol-riot/

Old 03-08-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Wow, you're so off the rails. I'd already stated that blm wanted nothing to do with him. But, that doesn't mean he is not still a blm supporter. With your twisted reasoning, that people cannot be supporters of a certain person or group if that certain person or group doesn't want them to be, are you saying that some/many of the others that were there were not Trump supporters?

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/who-is...-capitol-riot/
I'm off the rails, but you're quoting NY Post as a source.
But even they don't say he was there respresenting BLM. Nor does it say he's a BLM member. The only thing about BLM they said was this.

"“I was worried about people recognizing me and thinking that I was Antifa or, like, BLM or whatever,” he told the outlet. “The entire time they’re yelling, ‘F— Antifa! F—, BLM.’ I’m not saying I’m Antifa, by any means. But I definitely believe Black Lives Matter.”"

So he believes that black lives matter. He's black. Duh.

And according to YOUR SOURCE his stated reason for being there was this. "He’s claimed to be a journalist, telling law enforcement and media outlets that he was only inside the Capitol building to “document and report,” according to an affidavit."

So don't you think it's just a teensy bit disingenuous to suggest that BLM was a part of the riot when (a) he wasn't a member of the BLM organization, and (b) his stated reason for being there is as a journalist?

If you claim that there were others, show us the proof. Sure there may have been, and the moon may be made out of swiss cheese.

It wouldn't matter anyway, as clearly the purpose of the riot was to "Stop-The-Steal", a despicable lie repeated by Trump for months. Even if there was a BLM supporter there, or even two or three wouldn't change anything. The storming of the capitol and the damage and lives lost there are still on Trump and his supporters.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I'm off the rails, but you're quoting NY Post as a source.
But even they don't say he was there respresenting BLM. Nor does it say he's a BLM member. The only thing about BLM they said was this.

"“I was worried about people recognizing me and thinking that I was Antifa or, like, BLM or whatever,” he told the outlet. “The entire time they’re yelling, ‘F— Antifa! F—, BLM.’ I’m not saying I’m Antifa, by any means. But I definitely believe Black Lives Matter.”"

So he believes that black lives matter. He's black. Duh.

And according to YOUR SOURCE his stated reason for being there was this. "He’s claimed to be a journalist, telling law enforcement and media outlets that he was only inside the Capitol building to “document and report,” according to an affidavit."

So don't you think it's just a teensy bit disingenuous to suggest that BLM was a part of the riot when (a) he wasn't a member of the BLM organization, and (b) his stated reason for being there is as a journalist?

If you claim that there were others, show us the proof. Sure there may have been, and the moon may be made out of swiss cheese.

It wouldn't matter anyway, as clearly the purpose of the riot was to "Stop-The-Steal", a despicable lie repeated by Trump for months. Even if there was a BLM supporter there, or even two or three wouldn't change anything.
Yawn.

Do reporters normally incite others to burn buildings down? He's a know activist. "He's claimed to be a journalist" .. what was he supposed to tell the feds, that he was there to try to burn the Capitol down like blm has been calling for?

I believe his brother knows him far better than you do and his brother seems to think he's involved with blm antifa.

Quote:
The storming of the capitol and the damage and lives lost there are still on Trump and his supporters.
Since you claim that Sullivan is not a blm supporter, because some of the blm chapters don't support what he does then why do you keep claiming those in the Capitol were Trump supporters?

Lol, you state that Trump made it so that someone had a heart attack, made one cop have a knee jerk go against training reaction and shoot someone, made others probably die from health issues. Wow, Trump is so powerful in your eyes.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:34 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
For those debating stun guns vs cattle prods. Let me assure you, both suck but in very different ways. Stun guns are more like touching a electric fence. Cattle prods are more about inflicting pain at the point of contact.

So the argument that a cattle prod is not a stun gun are accurate. But honestly? The cattle prod might be worse. But maybe thats because Ive had more experience with them.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
For those debating stun guns vs cattle prods. Let me assure you, both suck but in very different ways. Stun guns are more like touching a electric fence. Cattle prods are more about inflicting pain at the point of contact.

So the argument that a cattle prod is not a stun gun are accurate. But honestly? The cattle prod might be worse. But maybe thats because Ive had more experience with them.
Stun guns have a higher voltage and are designed to incapacitate people while cattle prods are designed to move livestock around. I've had experience with cattle prods and electric fences myself, but not stun guns. It's very uncomfortable being shocked by the prods and the fences but it's definitely not incapacitating.

Quote:
Both stun guns and cattle prods deliver electricity by sending it across two electrodes. When a person or animal is placed between these electrodes, they receive a shock. However, cattle prods are shaped like long rods and built to deliver a short, localised shock, of between 1,500 and 10,000 volts. By contrast, stun guns are usually shaped like guns and are designed to deliver a much larger charge, one that can send electricity through the whole body. This confuses the person's nervous system, causing their muscles to temporarily cease functioning.
https://www.ehow.co.uk/about_6812660...ttle-prod.html

Stun guns are prohibited to carry into the Capitol building, cattle prods or other types of equipment of that nature are not listed. Seems it is legal to have it in that building, for now anyway. That could be why he wasn't charged for having it.

Old 03-08-2021, 04:13 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Send him to Guantanamo and let him stay there until his trial.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Yawn.

Do reporters normally incite others to burn buildings down? He's a know activist. "He's claimed to be a journalist" .. what was he supposed to tell the feds, that he was there to try to burn the Capitol down like blm has been calling for?

I believe his brother knows him far better than you do and his brother seems to think he's involved with blm antifa.

Since you claim that Sullivan is not a blm supporter, because some of the blm chapters don't support what he does then why do you keep claiming those in the Capitol were Trump supporters?

Lol, you state that Trump made it so that someone had a heart attack, made one cop have a knee jerk go against training reaction and shoot someone, made others probably die from health issues. Wow, Trump is so powerful in your eyes.
Yawn is right, you're babbling in your sleep.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Yawn is right, you're babbling in your sleep.
Falling asleep happens when reading your posts which are full of snark and very little substance.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:38 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Stun guns have a higher voltage and are designed to incapacitate people while cattle prods are designed to move livestock around. I've had experience with cattle prods and electric fences myself, but not stun guns. It's very uncomfortable being shocked by the prods and the fences but it's definitely not incapacitating.

https://www.ehow.co.uk/about_6812660...ttle-prod.html

Stun guns are prohibited to carry into the Capitol building, cattle prods or other types of equipment of that nature are not listed. Seems it is legal to have it in that building, for now anyway. That could be why he wasn't charged for having it.
I love these intellectual discussions on cattle prods vs stun guns in our capitol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies