Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 08:40 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times

Advertisements

Admit it. Time to hand the torch to China. Our leaders have sold us out when Biden and Clinton pushed for China to be in the WTO.

Since then, it has only taken 20 years to degrade our country. They shipped our manufacturing jobs to China and make us a hollowed out non-producing economy based off a service industry.

We had our run and its time to have them lead.

Our country is aged, broke, and the dollar is fading into history. China has already begun the steps in Africa, Europe, and Asia to lead the way.

American greed , globalism, and covid put the nail in the coffin. Lets face it... no sanctions will stop China. Our military might be great and all ... but a military needs a economy to fund it.

Im just not seeing it and I see this decade as the final years we have as a leader in the world.

Imagine we collect 3 trillion in taxes but spend almost 3x that amount every year... The amount of money printed last year is greater than the last 200 years. The debt spend last year is greater than all the years prior.

This cant continue forever, its pretty sad. We are reckless and do not deserve to be the world reserve currency. However, the fate our greedy politicians have laid out for us will be our day of reckoning .

Last edited by Jimmyp25; 03-06-2021 at 09:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 09:10 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Admit it. Time to hand the torch to China. Our leaders have sold us out when Biden and Clinton pushed for China to be in the WTO.

Since then, it has only taken 20 years to degrade our country. They shipped our manufacturing jobs to China and make us a hollowed out non-producing economy based off a service industry.

We had our run and its time to have them lead.

Our country is aged, broke, and the dollar is fading into history. China has already begun the steps in Africa, Europe, and Asia to lead the way.

American greed , globalism, and covid put the nail in the coffin. Lets face it... no sanctions will stop China. Our military might be great and all ... but a military needs a economy to fund it.

Im just not seeing it and I see this decade as the final years we have as a leader in the world.

Imagine we collect 3 trillion in taxes but spend almost 3x that amount every year...

This cant continue forever, its pretty sad.
I don't disagree that China is rising fast. But don't think that happened without spending enormous amounts of Yuan out the yin-yang.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infographic...s_than_the_us/

Old 03-06-2021, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I don't disagree that China is rising fast. But don't think that happened without spending enormous amounts of Yuan out the yin-yang.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infographic...s_than_the_us/
Look at our roads, airports, bridges... its all in decay. 0 money spent to boost our infrastructure . Everything is falling apart. We spend all this money on stupid wars, bail outs, and other non-essential crap. Meanwhile our roads are falling apart.

China is already laying the foundation to be the center of trade for Africa, Asia, and Europe. Their belt and road initiative will be massive . It will concrete their dominance in the world.

Our phony debt consumer based economy is a total joke and is addicted to China's manufacturing might. The dollar cannot take much longer and I am preparing for its collapse sometime in this decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative

Old 03-06-2021, 09:20 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
I don't think people understand the gravity of this... especially if you take into account reserve currency status.

With the amount of debt we have, we should be fighting tooth and nail to be as relevant as possible.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't think people understand the gravity of this... especially if you take into account reserve currency status.

With the amount of debt we have, we should be fighting tooth and nail to be as relevant as possible.

People live in their bubbles. I was at my cousins last month (hes a blue collar union worker). I was at his table explaining the situation to him and possibly how he could prepare for it if it happens in his lifetime.

He says " If my mortgage is paid, and I have food on my table, then thats all that matters" Then he said ,what you explained to me is completely foreign language and I can care less.

The US bonds are such junk now that the world is not buying them. The fed buys them and puts them on the balance sheet. Nobody wants our garbage debt anymore.

Meanwhile we are giving money to people producing nothing. They are going to the store, then that money is being sent right to China. They are not buying the debt with the dollars , they are using it to finance their future dominance.

The dollar is finished, its just a matter of time . The debt will never be repaid and this QE is nothing thats never been done in history until the 08 meltdown.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:31 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:

Imagine we collect 3 trillion in taxes but spend almost 3x that amount every year...

This cant continue forever, its pretty sad.
Federal government spending is about $4.4T. So not 3x revenues. But your point is valid; can’t continue for ever.

As far as China taking over our role as “leader of the world “, they can have it. Why do we have to be it?

Old 03-06-2021, 09:34 PM

4,422 posts, read 5,152,830 times
We’re the only game in town, come on. Why do China’s elite send their kids to school here and purchase massive amounts of real estate and other investment etc?

To be a true world power, your culture needs to be in demand, who the heck wants anything China? Sure they make stuff, but it’s our stuff. Your country also needs to be a place people want to live in a huge way. Again, China is NOT that.

All China has is a huge population(under authoritarian rule) and a huge economic boost from the Western world(up until COVID anyway).

Old 03-06-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Federal government spending is about $4.4T. So not 3x revenues. But your point is valid; can’t continue for ever.

As far as China taking over our role as “leader of the world “, they can have it. Why do we have to be it?
Im talking local governments as well. Sorry I should have specified.

As for the FED budget.....

The fiscal year (FY) 2020 federal budget outlines U.S. government revenue and spending from Oct. 1, 2019, through Sept. 30, 2020. Revenue was $3.42 trillion, less than the $6.55 trillion in spending, creating a record $3.13 trillion deficit.

https://www.thebalance.com/fy-2020-f...n%20or%2038%25.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
We’re the only game in town, come on. Why do China’s elite send their kids to school here and purchase massive amounts of real estate and other investment etc?

To be a true world power, your culture needs to be in demand, who the heck wants anything China? Sure they make stuff, but it’s our stuff. Your country also needs to be a place people want to live in a huge way. Again, China is NOT that.

All China has is a huge population(under authoritarian rule) and a huge economic boost from the Western world(up until COVID anyway).
So what if they send them here for college? Obviously they are not dumb and will send their kids to be educated in the west. They literally infiltrated it lol... How do you defeat a foe? You go and understand their ways?

China is a free market economy with a communist government. They have low regulations compared to the US in the early mid 1900s...

They take our dollars we send with our trade deficit and come here to buy and own our country. Not to mention opening up our grids to be owned by them now (shows how bad it is) Our middle class is extinct. We shipped our middle class to China.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
People live in their bubbles. I was at my cousins last month (hes a blue collar union worker). I was at his table explaining the situation to him and possibly how he could prepare for it if it happens in his lifetime.

He says " If my mortgage is paid, and I have food on my table, then thats all that matters" Then he said ,what you explained to me is completely foreign language and I can care less.

The US bonds are such junk now that the world is not buying them. The fed buys them and puts them on the balance sheet. Nobody wants our garbage debt anymore.

Meanwhile we are giving money to people producing nothing. They are going to the store, then that money is being sent right to China. They are not buying the debt with the dollars , they are using it to finance their future dominance.

The dollar is finished, its just a matter of time . The debt will never be repaid and this QE is nothing thats never been done in history until the 08 meltdown.
People should understand what happens if we lose reserve currency status. Right now, we are setting the interest on our debt. If some other country attains reserve currency status because we are unstable, THEY will set our interest rate - and the multi-trillion dollar debt we have would explode like a MOAB on our economy. There will be no more printing of money.

I have been holding off starting a thread on this - I may have to do it because it's coming.

The China pandemic is helping to speed this along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies