Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 09:38 PM

8,157 posts, read 3,678,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I'll get it as soon as it's available to me. I am at low risk of complications of Covid but I want reach herd immunity so we can return to as much of our pre-Covid lifestyle as California will allow. Let's see if Biden's promise of "vaccine availability to all by May 1" actually happens. Knowing Newsom, he'll create more obstacles with "equity quotas" to drag this out as long as possible.
I would suggest signing up at the elite medical centers. They get rather large allocations and you might be able to get it sooner than you think.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
How is that going to work? Your immunity has to engage for the vaccine to be effective.

Early trials showed the vaccine improved symptoms and mortality, but not transmission, which is really to be expected given the above info.
I think there is new info about this issue. But you cannot transmit the virus if you are not infected.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:49 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I think there is new info about this issue. But you cannot transmit the virus if you are not infected.
Yes. Pfizer and the Israeli Ministry of health have reported the Pfizer vaccine reduces asymptomatic infection by 94%.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:05 PM

140 posts, read 234,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run
People who get vaccinated are far more likely to get sick and to die than people who don't.
Yes this is true..... People are unknowingly compromising thier immune systems!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo
Right. It will always be a coincidence.
Remember there are N0 SUCH THINGS as coincidences.... Everything in this universe happens for a reason!!

Old 03-15-2021, 10:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, your decision not to vaccinate impacts those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or for the small percentage that the vaccine does not protect. Unless you are willing to just stay at home?
Not being vaccinated because you are concerned about adverse medical consequences for your health IS a medical reason for not being vaccinated. Everyone is responsible for making medical decisions for themselves & in their best interest.

I can not & will not make a personal medical decision for me, based on what you believe is best for YOU. I would not do that for anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by palasta View Post
Germany suspends use of AstraZeneca vaccine over blood clot concerns

https://www.thelocal.de/20210315/ger...clot-concerns/
So have France, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Thailand & Netherlands. The CDC knows that it's happening here in the US but they are not as loyal to their citizens as other countries are. It's happening here too; an alarming number of reports on VAERS from both Pfizer & Moderna. I'm afraid for the many posters here on CD who have reported getting the vaccine. I'm afraid that that they will stop posting in a few weeks & the last we heard from them is "I have received the vaccine & I am doing fine". Nobody will be back to update if they are in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There are no confirmed deaths from the mRNA vaccines.
There won't be any confirmations during the immunization campaign. The deaths happening right now are considered acceptable losses since vaccine uptake is the priority. When the SV40 contamination of the Polio vaccine was discovered in 1959, the NIH banned the scientist, Dr. Bernice Eddy from holding any press conferences. There was a small 3 sentence paragraph that appeared in a few AP publications about a "contamination that 'hadn't' caused cancer in humans" & they kept using the vaccine until 1963. The deaths that are happening now will not be confirmed, they will all be dismissed. But they are happening now. I know what it's like to be their acceptable loss & it's ... unacceptable.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
not being vaccinated because you are concerned about adverse medical consequences for your health is a medical reason for not being vaccinated. Everyone is responsible for making medical decisions for themselves & in their best interest.

I can not & will not make a personal medical decision for me, based on what you believe is best for you. I would not do that for anybody

so have france, denmark, ireland, italy, thailand & netherlands. The cdc knows that it's happening here in the us but they are not as loyal to their citizens as other countries are. It's happening here too; an alarming number of reports on vaers from both pfizer & moderna. I'm afraid for the many posters here on cd who have reported getting the vaccine. I'm afraid that that they will stop posting in a few weeks & the last we heard from them is "i have received the vaccine & i am doing fine". Nobody will be back to update if they are in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism.

There won't be any confirmations during the immunization campaign. The deaths happening right now are considered acceptable losses since vaccine uptake is the priority. When the sv40 contamination of the polio vaccine was discovered in 1959, the nih banned the scientist, dr. Bernice eddy from holding any press conferences. There was a small 3 sentence paragraph that appeared in a few ap publications about a "contamination that 'hadn't' caused cancer in humans" & they kept using the vaccine until 1963. The deaths that are happening now will not be confirmed, they will all be dismissed. But they are happening now. I know what it's like to be their acceptable loss & it's ... Unacceptable.
1959?

Old 03-15-2021, 10:21 PM

1,781 posts, read 1,208,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Regardless of any vaccination,I suspect many nutters will be double and single masking for the rest of their lives.

Do you care?

People do a lot of weird ****.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:33 PM

45,229 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetodust View Post
Do you care?

People do a lot of weird ****.
Does my opinion bother you?

Old 03-15-2021, 10:44 PM

85 posts, read 32,106 times
Well, I won't get the compound injected into my body ~ it's an untested mixture that could do damage ~ this has been crazy ~ from the start ~ from what I've read and heard from doctors ~ we have never been able to concoct a vaccine for a covid virus ~ I would definitely not give it to children, best of luck to those who have taken it or plan to ```

Old 03-15-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
Well, I won't get the compound injected into my body ~ it's an untested mixture that could do damage ~ this has been crazy ~ from the start ~ from what I've read and heard from doctors ~ we have never been able to concoct a vaccine for a covid virus ~ I would definitely not give it to children, best of luck to those who have taken it or plan to ```
We have such vaccines now, they have been tested, and they work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies