Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2021, 02:36 PM

801 posts, read 452,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
John Dean is guessing based on his own personal opinion and not known investigative evidence or facts. The DA is stupid if their entire case is based solely on statements from a convicted felon.
No, it would be based on the documents uncovered based on the statements of the convicted felon who would be in a position to know.

Old 03-13-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
And so after 40+ years or so in NY real estate....they decide to go after him....and not the dozens of others like him.

And then you say how you want this to restore your faith in the justice system? Bull.

Trump never runs for office, keeps writing checks to people for their campaigns....this never ever happens.

I am 100% with all of the posters here that don't like Trump.

Right up until the point where they want him investigated top to bottom just looking for something wrong...because of that dislike and to punish a political rival.

All while not doing the same to the others....but then saying you want this to be justice. Seriously wth.
You seem to imply here that it's okay to cheat on one's taxes and not be investigated if one has been doing it for years and years.
Whether they are going after him because he's "Trump" or because they have other reasons to suspect tax fraud and bank fraud... what makes the difference if he's guilty?

I say that Trump made himself a target by his involvement with some "questionable" Russians in questionable real estate deals, questionable tax practices, and questionable involvement with a particular person/dept of the Deutsche Bank which has already led to charges of fraud in the past, one employee dealing with Trump having resigned recently... Hmmmm.

The fact he could not get a loan in NYC after years and years of dealings there makes him look a bit suspicious, when he then goes to a foreign country to get said loan... I seem to recall it was near a BILLION $US!

And the fact he would not reveal his taxes without being FORCED TO BY THE SUPREME COURT does make him look like he just *Might* be hiding something he doesn't want authorities to see...

My bet is that he'll at least get busted for millions of dollars of back taxes and penalties, and may indeed do jail time. Will depend on the judge and jury...

You may ask as you or others have, "Well, then why not do the same to Biden?" (Or Clinton or whoever). I say, fine. Do the exact same thing. If they're guilty of not paying millions in taxes, then they're guilty. Period. End of Story.

Old 03-13-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
What did President Donald Trump do to the U.S. that has made you bitter and makes you want him to suffer?

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for the laugh.
I'd answer but I'm sure it was just a rhetorical question. LOL.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
There's no plausible allegation of criminal activity there. It's as silly as Weissmann's obstruction fantasies.
Oh, is there some new law I don't know about that makes it LEGAL to ask someone to "find 12,000" more votes for him, mafia style, so he can suddenly WIN an election that has already been counted and recounted, an election which many Justices have already said was a completely fair election and votes have been confirmed?

Ask yourself this:
In 2016 how what would you have thought if Hilary had done the Exact Same Thing Trump did??? Or Gore had done that? Republicans would have been screaming bloody murder and Hilary would have indeed been locked up!

It's not only a crime, it's one of the worst crimes against the Republic and People of the United States of America!

Old 03-13-2021, 03:15 PM

9,411 posts, read 11,156,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Probably not, but God that would be good news.
If we're going to start indicting former presidents and wannabees, we can begin with the Kenyan.
Don't forget The Smartest Woman In The World for her part in destroying Libya--"We came, we conquered, they died! Cackle cackle cackle!"--the murder of Khadaffe, and toppling a couple of other nations.
Then W for permanent war in the Mideast. Guess he missed Vietnam.
Then Clinton for working for The Other Side.
Poopy Bush for being a Red Chinese Agent.
Reagan for being too patriotic.

Fundamentally change the United States. Yes we can.

Old 03-13-2021, 03:23 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Well why hasn't trump been arrested yet??

"Trump could be indicted within 'a matter of days”' (see last four years).

Old 03-13-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You have it exactly backward. No judge anywhere could possibly say there was no fraud. No such question was ever presented to a judge.

And Trump didn't lie about anything. He made claims that are unproven but continue to gain evidentiary support, such as the Time article describing a "cabal" that conspired to steal the election by doing things like changing the rules to facilitate fraud and hiring "armies" of poll workers with private money (see the recent revelations regarding Green Bay, for example). Then there's the recent shredding of ballots in Maricopa County in advance of the upcoming audit and Georgia's refusal to audit Fulton County because of apparently due to fears of being called racist.

And there was no insurrection. There was some pushing and shoving that could fairly be called a riot, but it wasn't challenging government authority.
I wasn't going to answer this at all because certain people already go ballistic when I post 6 times at once. (I explained that I don't come here every day, I have a life. So when I come I may read 20 posts and reply to 6...)
You lost me at "And Trump didn't lie about anything." LOL!

But this is something I HAD to comment on:
You wrote "And there was no insurrection. There was some pushing and shoving that could fairly be called a riot, but it wasn't challenging government authority."

Trump was there that day to stop or reverse the certification of Electoral College votes!!! He wanted Pence to NOT do the job Pence was Constitutionally sworn to do! So when Pence didn't, suddenly his loyal lapdog Pence was Public Enemy #1, as were We the People who voted.

That is what it was ALL about! Pretty much the definition of an Insurrection.

"SOME PUSHING AND SHOVING, nothing more" ?

Huh?

Those people broke doors, broke glass, killed 5 people including a police officer! Peed and pooped in OUR Capitol! Stole documents!
At least 100 are now arrested with more to come!

They HAD WEAPONS on them and plastic ties to tie someone (Pence?) up.
At least a % of them had military training and some were barking out orders military style!
Some were Oathkeepers, a Domestic Terrorist Group according to the FBI and Proud Boys which Canada has named a Domestic Terrorist Group and the USA SHOULD too.
It was an insurrection in part run by known Domestic Terrorists!

But it's okay with you?

At least one (I forget how many) of those Oathkeepers and Proud Boys had photos taken with some of the Congresspeople and Senators named as inciters of the insurrection a day or two before; (maybe even that day, I'm not 100% sure on that).

I love (hate!) how people get really REALLY upset about Black Lives Matter people marching for equality and justice, mostly peacefully, certainly without weapons like were seen that sadly historic day at the Capitol!

NOTE: To my knowledge no BLM protests involved massive throngs of angry violent people with weapons entering a Federal Government building with intent to wreak havoc and kill and possibly kidnap. No BLM protesters that I know of had weapons or were calling to KILL anyone.

Yet those same people who scream about BLM Protests think that the Insurrection - where people broke into our Nation's Capitol with weapons, shouting to hang the Vice President and kill Nancy Pelosi, certainly egged on if not organized by known Domestic Terrorists - is AOK in their book!

WHAT??!!

My view is the opposite:

All insurrectionists on that day who entered the Capitol should do jail time.

All insurrectionists who can be seen damaging OUR Capitol walls, doors or other property should get an even LONGER sentence.

All insurrectionists who can be seen to call for violence on that day should do LONG jail time.

All insurrectionists who hurt anyone in the Capitol should do Maximum jail time!

The INCITERS (Trump, Don Jr. , Giuliani, Pillow Guy, Hawley, Cruz et al) should be removed from office if they are still in one, and given Maximum Prison Time and never be allowed to run for office or be an attorney again.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,030 times
How many days? We're still waiting. How long are you going to make us wait for this wonderful event?

Old 03-13-2021, 04:42 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
How many days? We're still waiting. How long are you going to make us wait for this wonderful event?
About as long as Sheriff Joe kept stringing people along with *breaking news* about Obama's birth certificate.

Old 03-13-2021, 06:29 PM

140 posts, read 234,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH
He’s a politician.
If you mean Trump,NO HE ISNT.. He was the only president I know who isnt a politician...

I dont think anything will happen to him but he could be fined millions of dollars for what happend....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies