Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 03:20 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
He lives in our heads to some degree yes, but not free! More like he forced his way in there by lying 20,000+ times on our tv's and social networks, used media to force his way into our heads, and also into the heads of the people who support him.
I can't wait for him to be gone out of my head! But in order for that to happen Justice needs to be done.

If you had a local town criminal, let's say a neighbor of yours, inserting himself into your life every day and bothering you by doing illegal or possibly illegal things, lying and cheating, making false claims, drawing constant attention to himself in a negative manner (lying, saying outrageous things) would he not live in your head until Justice was done ?
I am with you. When it comes to the political future of this country, my mind goes to Trump more quickly then I would like. And my mind goes to Trump for all the wrong reasons.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:27 PM

801 posts, read 452,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Of course he will be indicted, these unethical lawyers could indict a ham sandwich. The Trump-haters already impeached him twice without evidence of a crime, what makes any future indictment any different?
Without evidence of a crime?

The 1st time the Republicans would not allow evidence to be brought forth.
The 2nd time they were just playing to Trump's base and REFUSED to be truthful. (Proof below)

Please answer:

What did Moscow Mitch say on tv and everywhere right after the impeachment proceeding? I'll tell you what he said: (from https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...rial-acquittal)

McConnell:
"Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the Senate floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chanted about murdering the vice president.They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election.

Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

The House accused the former president of, quote, "incitement." That is a specific term from the criminal law.

Let me put that to the side for one moment and reiterate something I said weeks ago: There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.

And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth."

There's more. Suggest you read the whole article above and try to understand that even McConnell thinks he caused the insurrection that killed a policeman and injured many and trashed YOUR (and MY - whether you like it or not) Capitol.

So all we "leftists" as you would say, want is that there be consequences for Trump's crimes.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:29 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Better not hold your breath

Old 03-11-2021, 04:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
Without evidence of a crime?

The 1st time the Republicans would not allow evidence to be brought forth.
The 2nd time they were just playing to Trump's base and REFUSED to be truthful. (Proof below)

Please answer:

What did Moscow Mitch say on tv and everywhere right after the impeachment proceeding? I'll tell you what he said: (from https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...rial-acquittal)

McConnell:
"Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the Senate floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chanted about murdering the vice president.They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election.

Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

The House accused the former president of, quote, "incitement." That is a specific term from the criminal law.

Let me put that to the side for one moment and reiterate something I said weeks ago: There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.

And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth."

There's more. Suggest you read the whole article above and try to understand that even McConnell thinks he caused the insurrection that killed a policeman and injured many and trashed YOUR (and MY - whether you like it or not) Capitol.

So all we "leftists" as you would say, want is that there be consequences for Trump's crimes.
And yet McConnell voted not guilty because he is yellow belly sap-sucking coward. I look more forward to the Georgia case since there is no defense for that. That case is a slam dunk.

Old 03-11-2021, 04:53 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
The justice system should take enough time to build a strong case. I doubt that charges will be filed 'within a matter of days', my guess is a couple of months.

Old 03-11-2021, 04:56 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
At the Behest of Michael Cohen ????

Baahahahaaaha~

I got a bridge i want to sell you ...you'll make a fortune!

Old 03-11-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
America just can't wait to see this rat wriggle in the court room, begging to have his appeal sent to his Supreme Court, and sitting in jail for a few months while the Court decides to turn him down.

After what Donald did to this Nation, he deserves everything het gets. The Manhattan folks hired the same guy who helped prosecute the NYC Mob, so they will know exactly where to look, what to ask, and how to prosecute this dirt ball to the fullest extent of the law. If convicted and sentenced, he will die in jail.

I for one hope it is a slow, painful death. Maybe the raccoon that lives on his head will gnaw on him while he fades.

And yes, i am bitter, angry and not at all repentant for my wish to see him suffer for the damage he did to my Country.

Do Tell...we are eager to learn.

What did he do???

Old 03-11-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Anyone that thinks a former President will ever be put in prison is living in dreamland.

The left salivates and piddles themselves over this stuff while they either ignore or give a pass to their own criminals, and there are plenty of them.

The double-standard of justice is alive and well as the left continues to flush civil liberties and due process down the toilet.

Double Standard Hypocrisy abounds in DC (amazin)

Old 03-11-2021, 05:02 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
The justice system should take enough time to build a strong case. I doubt that charges will be filed 'within a matter of days', my guess is a couple of months.
Never will be filed. Everything is either circumstantial or statute has expired. The court system isn’t wasting money on a former president who is now a citizen for things that if a regular citizen committed your average DA wouldn’t even bat an eye

Old 03-11-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Please.

Dems already made a direct hit. Trump is a one-term LOSER.
Oh you think Beijing Bidden is a 2 term president?
This Crook can't even Read a Teleprompter. He's getting straight A's in the Cringe Department.

Watch Carmela's face 'Painfully crack' every-time she has to stand and listen to Joe address the public. *****NO WONDER they don't' field questions from the Press

What a Joke~!
He'll be the first President stripped of power for Mental In-Capacity; before he's Impeached (a real impeachment)...he's heading the ALF with a super-size scooter.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies