Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 02:52 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times

Advertisements

For those of you who compare the current violence in South Beach to Fort Lauderdale in the 1980s have no idea what you are talking about.

Here in Fort Lauderdale, the birthplace of Spring Break, I have seen Spring Break since 1968! I have noticed that most of the Spring Break kids of today are fat and out of shape! Back in the 80s we were much more into fitness. And there were no tats, no piercings, no twerking, no dental floss bikinis… and no fake cannonball boobs and butt implants! Guys worn their bathing suits above their cracks, didn’t manscape, and didn’t constantly throw up gang signs, show off loaded guns and even use them! And we had better music - all kinds, and it was about love, not rape and gang banging. Wet T-shirt contests were the biggest shocker back then... so tame compared to what's currently going on in Miami Beach!

Funny how the current violence in South Beach does not happen during Art Basel, Wine & Food Festival, Air & Sea Show, Seafood Festival, or other festivals... only when the Usual Suspects - the Hip Hop crowd is in attendance. They idolize bad behavior as is evidenced in their music in which breaking the law, guns, drugs, and degrading women is portrayed as an accepted lifestyle. It is no wonder when devotees of this violent music genre act out in violence when they congregate in a public place to 'party'.

And the police just stand back and watch to avoid being called racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 02:59 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
For those of you who compare the current violence in South Beach to Fort Lauderdale in the 1980s have no idea what you are talking about.

Here in Fort Lauderdale, the birthplace of Spring Break, I have seen Spring Break since 1968! I have noticed that most of the Spring Break kids of today are fat and out of shape! Back in the 80s we were much more into fitness. And there were no tats, no piercings, no twerking, no dental floss bikinis… and no fake cannonball boobs and butt implants! Guys worn their bathing suits above their cracks, didn’t manscape, and didn’t constantly throw up gang signs, show off loaded guns and even use them! And we had better music - all kinds, and it was about love, not rape and gang banging. Wet T-shirt contests were the biggest shocker back then... so tame compared to what's currently going on in Miami Beach!

Funny how the current violence in South Beach does not happen during Art Basel, Wine & Food Festival, Air & Sea Show, Seafood Festival, or other festivals... only when the Usual Suspects - the Hip Hop crowd is in attendance. They idolize bad behavior as is evidenced in their music in which breaking the law, guns, drugs, and degrading women is portrayed as an accepted lifestyle. It is no wonder when devotees of this violent music genre act out in violence when they congregate in a public place to 'party'.

And the police just stand back and watch to avoid being called racist.
The only "current violence" that I have seen from this year's Spring Break activities has been instigated by the Miami police. Nobody else.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:02 PM

29,517 posts, read 22,653,459 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWu0ALSCrA8

Old 03-21-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Someone please point out to me the "violence" by people in the crowd in that video.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:07 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The only "current violence" that I have seen from this year's Spring Break activities has been instigated by the Miami police. Nobody else.
That police action was in RESPONSE to a MURDER!

From Miami Herald: Miami Beach throws more cops at spring break after shooting, crowd confrontation

Quote:
A 27-year-old man was found fatally shot Monday near a residential area on Pine Tree Drive and 24th Street, an incident police say was tied to an early evening shooting in South Beach. On Friday, police used pepper spray to disperse a large crowd they say surrounded them near Ocean Drive. A 19-year-old New York man was slammed to the ground and arrested after pushing and grabbing police.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
That police action was in RESPONSE to a MURDER!

From Miami Herald: Miami Beach throws more cops at spring break after shooting, crowd confrontation
So they are trying to blame that murder on that crowd? And you are buying that?

If that is sound reasoning, then the city of Chicago (just to name one example) should be on permanent 8PM curfew, 24/7/365, as there are A LOT of murders there all of the time. And if people are allowed to walk the streets or gather together, then a murder might happen, so if any gather, arrest them or start shooting pepper balls at them.

I think this curfew and the tactics that the police are using in this instance, are very disturbing. And that is even more true if the reason for that is the one that you gave, which to be fair, I am doubtful that it actually is.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:20 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
And that is where you are 100% incorrect.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:23 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Someone please point out to me the "violence" by people in the crowd in that video.
There is a curfew because there has been so much violence, people are tired of it, the damn Clevelander of all places even closed, lol.

These people refused orders and are in violation of curfew, I am 100% for using any means needed to disperse them and enforce the curfew.

These morons brought it upon themselves. If they would have just behaved, all when been fine, but no, they have to engage in numerous crimes throughout the weeks. Enough is enough.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
And that is where you are 100% incorrect.
The crowd that they disbursed in the video above was not violent at all. They were just hanging out and partying together. The crowd was big, but this was not a menacing crowd. They were not even protesting anything, except in a very subtle way perhaps the need to go back school and start studying again after the partying was over.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:25 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
What difference does it make what their skin color is in this instance? They were not engaging in any violence. They appeared to be very well behaved, from the video I saw. It was not until the police start lobbing in tear gas grenades, or whatever those were, that things started getting chaotic.
difference?.....there's not one white person in that entire huge crowd....that makes a difference...obviously since no one will own up
It's an all black gang party......and they trashed south beach

violence?.....restaurants and bars having to close because brawls broke out in the bars and restaurants and trashed them...fights all over the streets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies