Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 12:57 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I never understood how some people can live in a country with daily mass shooting and say, "That's fine."
The redcoats may show up any day, don't you see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 12:58 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
We're going to need to keep our guns. He's allowing terrorists into the country. Does he not want us to defend ourselves? What about all the rioting and burning that will go as they push their racial agenda on us. It sounds like he wants everyone to be helpless. No thank you Mr. Corrupt man. No will do!!

Old 03-23-2021, 12:58 PM

764 posts, read 235,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Universal background checks are have been found to be massively popular in pretty much every poll ever made. They're only blocked because certain Republicans are scared of losing their checks from the NЯA.
Then require them with NO registry and you will probably get some support from across the aisle.

Old 03-23-2021, 12:59 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
So, lets hear some of these "common sense" laws that people would like to have happen, right now. Don't say harder background check or explain what you mean if you do.....

Old 03-23-2021, 01:00 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Naturally, someone with the mindset to blow away ten shoppers in a grocery store, isn't the kind of person who would obey new laws saying you can't buy the kind of gun he used. Only people who obey laws, would be affected by it. And they're not the ones causing the problem.

Never mind that the last so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" had no effect on the murder rate when it was in effect. Apparently Biden thinks it worked so well, that he wants to do it again.

Like a trained dog that salivates when you ring a bell, whenever some criminals nutcase shoots innocent people, the liberals react by restricting the guns of law-abiding citizens.

Remind me again, why we keep voting the trained dogs into office?

------------------------------------

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/bou...3723e2b7a9d945

Biden urges Senate to immediately pass House bills on gun reform
From CNN's Kevin Liptak and Jeff Zeleny

President Biden said he would do everything in his power to keep Americans safe following the latest mass shooting in Colorado and pushed the Senate to immediately pass two House-passed gun reforms, including a universal background checks measure and an assault weapons ban.

"I don't need to wait another minute, let alone an hour, to take common sense steps that will save lives in the future," he said in remarks from the White House.

He listed a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, as well as strengthening the background check system by closing loopholes, as areas he would like to see Congress act on.
Don't get your panties in a wad. Nothing will be done as usual. BTW, please tell me how the liberals have restricted guns for law-abiding citizens? I seem to have missed that memo.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:12 PM

39,872 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Last week the shooting in Atlanta was all about race and no mention of gun control. The Colorado shooting lacks the racial angle so gun control is the narrative this week.
No-the Colorado shooting doesn't lack a "racial angle". It has a racial angle the left are desperate to deflect from. The shooter was a Syrian "immigrant" (perhaps refugee-not known at this point)-and the victims, at least all those who's picture I've seen, were white.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:12 PM

462 posts, read 207,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
BTW, please tell me how the liberals have restricted guns for law-abiding citizens?
Tell you again, you mean?

Quote:
I seem to have missed that memo.
You certainly have.

Perhaps if you looked at the post you quoted... especially the parts that were bolded and underlined so that you would not "miss the memo"...

Then you would be less prone to keep "missing the memo" in the future?

Last edited by lucyinthesky444; 03-23-2021 at 01:24 PM..

Old 03-23-2021, 01:19 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Tell you again, you mean?

You certainly have.

Perhaps is you looked at the post you quoted... especially the parts that were bolded and underlined so that you would not "miss the memo"...

Then you would be less prone to keep "missing the memo" in the future?
If something has been done (I didn't read the OP), or will be done, I will be nothing but happy. In the meantime, I'm not holding my breath.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:10 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Good.

Every red state that turned blue should use this as another costly lesson of what happens when you vote democrat.

Elections have consequences and America is about to have buyers remorse.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:08 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Universal background checks are have been found to be massively popular in pretty much every poll ever made. They're only blocked because certain Republicans are scared of losing their checks from the NЯA.
The NRA supports them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies