Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 05:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The shooter just purchased that semi auto rifle, apparently a background check didn't do too much to stop this.

https://apnews.com/article/colorado-...73cc6bb534a711
Exactly. Over the years I have had the privilege of having great discussions with gun owners who have tkane the time to explain why a gun control measure may not produce the desired result.

So we know a background check wouldn't have stopped this guy and maybe not the guy in Atlanta right/

So what do we do.......I don't have an answer.........I wish I had one.....

The USA is better than this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 05:16 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Can the OP even tell us what an actual "assault" weapon is? Not the governmental definition....but the actual definition?

Not holding my breath on my question.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:17 PM

24,397 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Usurper Joe wants to ban stairs, too.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:18 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Exactly. Over the years I have had the privilege of having great discussions with gun owners who have tkane the time to explain why a gun control measure may not produce the desired result.

So we know a background check wouldn't have stopped this guy and maybe not the guy in Atlanta right/

So what do we do.......I don't have an answer.........I wish I had one.....

The USA is better than this.
Are you worried about mass shootings or are you worried about daily shootings?

10,448 posts, read 4,034,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why doesn't Biden instead ban crazy muslims from places like Syria from emigrating and let Americans keep their state of the art firearms as they have for 400 years?
Because Biden works for the elite and their number one goal right now is to destroy the USA, so when they get their communism washing all over the world, there won't be a free superpower to stop them. That has always been their agenda since 1968 when they bought into congress and began making legislation that started to chip away the rights of American citizens while also making her go broke by getting rid of the gold backing of the currency standard.

2,828 posts, read 824,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I never understood how some people can live in a country with daily mass shooting and say, "That's fine."

To add insult to injury, it's the same group who wants to ban abortion and weed, as if people aren't just going to go around the law to get it. But with guns, somehow we can't do anything because "criminals will just go around the law and get them anyway."

What daily mass shootings?

Old 03-23-2021, 05:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Are you worried about mass shootings or are you worried about daily shootings?
Personally or generally?

So I am able to choose to live in a community that daily shootings isn't a day to day issue.
These mass shootings don't seem to hit 'crime' ridden communities so that makes me think a little.

None of us imagine being in a movie theater, grocery store, school and being shot at.

I live in a community where the police departments have taken to frequent reminders to take the gun out of your car and to lock your car. That makes me so angry.

We always so criminals don't buy their guns -- nope -- many of them get them from glove compartments...ugh.

Selfishly -- daily killings not an issue
On a bigger issue -- gun violence in general in this country is out of control.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Because Biden works for the elite and their number one goal right now is to destroy the USA, so when they get their communism washing all over the world, there won't be a free superpower to stop them. That has always been their agenda since 1968 when they bought into congress and began making legislation that started to chip away the rights of American citizens while also making her go broke by getting rid of the gold backing of the currency standard.
Agree, types like Biden and his paymasters want to run the US like the CCP runs China, gun control, speech and thought control etc.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:23 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Can the OP even tell us what an actual "assault" weapon is? Not the governmental definition....but the actual definition?

Not holding my breath on my question.
...technically...my balled up fist, when it smashes against your face, is an assault weapon...

Old 03-23-2021, 05:24 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Universal background checks are have been found to be massively popular in pretty much every poll ever made. They're only blocked because certain Republicans are scared of losing their checks from the NЯA.
Universal background checks are part of every purchase and any application for LTC, what are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies