Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2021, 06:32 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Are you worried about mass shootings or are you worried about daily shootings?
That’s a question Democrats refuse to answer.

They know deep down that daily inner city gun violence is carried out by those with illegal firearms.

Democrats have zero plans on how to prevent inner city gun violence in their districts, because those criminals don’t use background checks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 06:34 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
At the very minimum an AR-15 ban since they are used in pretty much every mass shooting.

The mouth breathers will come back with well hand guns kill the most. Yes they kill the most in BAD, usually ghetto neighborhoods.

These mass shootings are in nice areas where you don't expect any kind of crime of that magnitude. That's the difference.

The AR-15 especially is the gun because you can mow down so many more people.

Australia hasnt had a mass shooting since their ban

And China doesn't have the problem of contested elections.

What's your point?

"Of the 97 countries where we identified mass public shootings, the U.S. ranks 64th per capita in its rate of attacks and 65th in fatalities. Major European countries, such as Norway, Finland, France, Switzerland and Russia, all have at least 25 percent higher per capita murder rates from mass public shootings."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opini...121-story.html

Old 03-23-2021, 06:35 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
BTW I searched several news articles and none confirm which firearm was used, but like I said if that guy had used a shotgun the outcome would have been the same

Old 03-23-2021, 06:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
So I love how someone who is not advocating for gun control -- still gets attacked for suggesting we need to do something. I don't support bans, I don't know about specific controls...but I want something to happen.

That's the line in the sand. We can't even talk about gun violence in this country.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:36 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The shooter just purchased that semi auto rifle, apparently a background check didn't do too much to stop this.

https://apnews.com/article/colorado-...73cc6bb534a711
Well, if he has no felony's and is a citizen there's not much they can do. You cannot weed out every nut.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
At the very minimum an AR-15 ban since they are used in pretty much every mass shooting.

The mouth breathers will come back with well hand guns kill the most. Yes they kill the most in BAD, usually ghetto neighborhoods.

These mass shootings are in nice areas where you don't expect any kind of crime of that magnitude. That's the difference.

There might have been a stomach for such a thing a few years ago. I don't suspect anyone will be giving up their guns any time soon on all different sides of the political spectrum, call it a hunch.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Freedom used to mean being able to go to the damn grocery store without being terrified.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:41 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:

You are spectacularly uninformed.

Not surprising.

Handguns are used in FAR more shootings than rifles.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:42 PM

1,162 posts, read 456,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Are you really saying the only reason you care about AR 15s is because you think they're used in nice areas? As opposed to ghettos you evidently don't care about?
No, more of a statement of fact the gun nuts can't comprehend

Old 03-23-2021, 06:42 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
I don't know of any other country on this globe where people get smoked just shopping or going to school by those who literally can purchase lethal firepower at their local department store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies