Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2021, 07:49 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Was this grocery store being attacked by ANTIFA?
You totally missed the point or maybe glossed over it, AR-15 style rifle is the most popular rifle in America owned by millions upon millions most of who will never hurt anybody. The reason bad people use it is the same reason millions of good people use it, it is just that popular. However if a bad person can't get a AR they will just get some other gun.

10 people in a store none armed or have any will to fight back it doesn't matter what kind of gun the bad person has, the 10 are just waiting in turn to be slaughtered.

The truth sucks but the truth is if so many have lack of respect for life that they will do this, you have a choice fight back or wait your turn to die.

You may say "well we shouldn't have to live like this" and I agree but reality is reality, unless you can confiscate all guns in America and ban all sales, which you know will never happen, then you must make a choice of take your chances and hope you are never at the wrong place at the wrong time or take steps to be able to fight back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 07:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Good guy with a gun, +1

Bad guy with a gun, +10

Old 03-23-2021, 07:52 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
You sound as demented as Joe Biden.

Handguns are rarely used in mass shootings. AR-15's are........Surprise!!!! incredibly common in mass shootings

Mass shootings are defined as more than 4 people.

Hood rats in Chicago take down 4 people with cheap, Saturday night special type handguns on the regular.

You just don't hear about them because the media can't paint them as evil white guys with AR-15's.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-types-used/

Old 03-23-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

So what’s the difference between 100 years ago and now?
Too many people suck even more, now it isn't about robbing you or money, now it is just about lashing out at people and creating as much hurt on strangers as they can. You can't reason with people like that, you can only fight back.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Good guy with a gun, +1

Bad guy with a gun, +10
It is like airplane crashes, hundreds of flights daily go not noticed but when a plane crashes it is all over the news. Well same with guns, everyday millions of people carry or own guns and nothing ever happens and if they use it to defend themselves at most it may make local news.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:56 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Isn't this why Biden sent out the last $1400, so everyone could buy a new AR-15 and ammo?

Old 03-23-2021, 08:03 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Gun ownership is not new in America.
Let me repeat one more time just to make sure you get it through your head, ok? GUN OWNERSHIP IS NOT NEW IN AMERICA.

So what is the difference between what happened in Boulder Colorado yesterday and 100 years ago? What changed?
Right, but jojajn said, Freedom used to mean being able to go to the damn grocery store without being terrified.

And then your question was, What do you mean “used to mean”? Is firearm a new invention or something?

Obviously, the answer to the second sentence of your question is no, a firearm isn't a new invention and so I addressed the first part of your question that was trying to flesh out jojajn's statement that Freedom used to mean being able to go to the damn grocery store without being terrified.

I think it's a fair bet to think that the people who were shopping in the grocery store that day were probably not expecting some deranged nutjob to walk in and start killing a bunch of people. Rational and mentally healthy people don't think, nor should they have to think, "I wonder how many people will get shot and killed in front of my face at the grocery store today?"

Sure, horrible things can always happen, but jojajn's point is perfectly clear to me that when you have a culture where violence is tolerated and has a history of happening, that's not a healthy or a happy culture, and some cultures do a much better job at not having their citizens feeling like they have to watch their backs every freaking second because they aren't so rooted in violence and it's much, much rarer than the USA for anything remotely like this to happen, especially when it happens over and over and over and over. People are getting so fed up with that!

I agree wholeheartedly with jojajn that this would be a highly terrifying experience for someone to go through, because I think that would be a very normal response to witnessing such an evil act.

Last edited by Jowel; 03-23-2021 at 08:12 PM..

Old 03-23-2021, 08:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Let’s ask the Somalian American refugees and asylum seekers about how they feel about that silly statement.
You got it!

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1...523207/photo/1

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1374363021322162180

Old 03-23-2021, 08:09 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Right, but jojajn said, Freedom used to mean being able to go to the damn grocery store without being terrified.

And then your question was, What do you mean “used to mean”? Is firearm a new invention or something?

Obviously, the answer to the second sentence of your question is no, a firearm isn't a new invention and so I addressed the first part of your question that was trying to flesh out jojajn's statement that Freedom used to mean being able to go to the damn grocery store without being terrified.

I think it's a fair bet to think that the people who were shopping in the grocery store that day were probably not expecting some whacked out nutjob to walk in and start killing a bunch of people. Rational and mentally healthy people don't think "I wonder how many people will get shot and killed in front of my face at the grocery store today?" Sure, horrible things can always happen, but jojajn's point is perfectly clear to me that when you have a culture where violence is tolerated and has a history of happening, that's not a healthy or a happy culture, and some cultures do a much better job at not having their citizens feeling like they have to watch their backs every freaking second because they aren't so rooted in violence and it's much, much rarer than the USA for anything remotely like this to happen, especially when it happens over and over and over and over. People are fed up with that.

I agree wholeheartedly with jojajn that this would be a highly terrifying experience for someone to go through, because I think that would be a very normal response to witnessing such an evil act.
If gun is not a new invention and gun ownership is not new in America, then how come there are more mass shootings in the last 20 years than in the last 100 years?

What changed?

Old 03-23-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post

Obviously, no, a firearm isn't a new invention and so I addressed the part of your question that trying to flesh out jojajn's statement that Freedom used to mean being able to go to the damn grocery store without being terrified.

I think it's a fair bet to think that the people who were shopping in the grocery store that day were probably not expecting some whacked out nutjob to walk in and start killing a bunch of people. Rational and mentally healthy people don't think "I wonder how many people will get shot and killed in front of my face at the grocery store today?" Sure, horrible things can always happen, but jojajn's point is perfectly clear to me that when you have a culture where violence is tolerated and has a history of happening, that's not a healthy or a happy culture, and some cultures do a much better job at not having their citizens feeling like they have to watch their backs every freaking second because they aren't so rooted in violence and it's much, much rarer than the USA for anything remotely like this to happen, especially when it happens over and over and over and over. People are fed up with that.

Most people like you and I can't fathom how someone could have the desire or will to do that, I don't support gun control because I know it won't work unless you completely disarmed the nation but even then someone who is that committed will find another way with another kind of weapon anyway.

Until we address why so many have lack of respect for life both for themselves and others, in the meantime you are faced with reality that there are bad people out there and you have a choice to hope it never happens to you or choose to fight back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies