Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 12:25 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Or, put another way, having a private sex life concurrent with advancing a very promising career.

These sexualized names some of you are calling her speak more of your own lack of maturity, and less about her abilities.
Really, did you even read the article? Read the one about Willie Brown it speaks volumes about this woman if you can even call her that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
I have to admit. If I were a woman and could sleep my way up to a good position I would do it in a heartbeat. Sex and easy promotions, why pass that up.
At least you're honest.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:33 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times

Quote:
Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago. Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was Assembly speaker.

And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco. I have also helped the careers of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Gov. Gavin Newsom, Sen. Dianne Feinstein and a host of other politicians.
How many politicians this playa screwed?

He should get the purple heart award or something. He is our hero!

OK, may be not a purple heart but perhaps a purple "male genital organ"?

Old 03-24-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocardinals View Post
how many politicians this playa screwed?

He should get the purple heart award or something. He is our hero!
lol

Old 03-24-2021, 12:41 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'll agree with you. To a point. You see I worked at a place that had a very large number of employees spread out over 250 square miles working in a lot of different types of work. And a lot of them were women. Of all ages. There was one particular director type that was over field operations and production buildings. He also oversaw storage. He had a reputation, a well deserved one, for being a lecherous rodent. He singled out certain women for his...stable, we'll call it. There was a name attached to these women and oh yes, his "favorites" would get plumb postings and promotions such as they were.

When your rolling in mud on 20 degree days with a stiff wind blowing and then are in a nice heated truck that's a promotion. Even if the pay isn't any better. But that's only if there was certain "favors" grantd of course. I despised this creep. He's still alive so I still do. I don't often use the term "hate" for just a dislike, but this varmint comes right up to the edge and sticks his toes over. I never held a damn thing against the women (girls quite often right out of high school) he ...groomed. And he covered his a$$ very well. He was fortified all the way to the very top and they covered him in legal proceedings twice while I was there.

And here' the interesting part. There was more than a few women in the upper echelon that had very active rolls in his protection. Not all of the women he approached took him up on his offers. And they always just quietly went away. Oh, what I would give for the chance to be alone in a securely buttoned room with him. The level of my dislike for this guy does indeed border on true hatred. There's more to that but I won't go into it. But yes, I very much do see the men behind the "sleeping their way up" thing with women. That being said I also see the women very clearly. Especially the ones I mentioned earlier that were on the creep in question's ...defense team. All of them to the last one did not achieve their positions on merit.

They were total rodentia in character. Vicious, nasty rancid ...I could go on. Those women/girls in the field were not, save one who eventually got into the way upper ranks. It, works both ways and in that we agree. I've seen to much to not agree with you on that.
DH was assigned a work group where the supervisor had the female employees sit on his lap and kiss his cheek to get their paychecks. Dh showed up on payday and told the guy if it ever happened again he would be fired on the spot. Our surprise is that the women did it for years.

There will always be females who go along, out of fear or they think that's the way life is. After all, how many agree with the phrase boys will be boys? My standard answer is only if women put up with it.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:06 PM

6,968 posts, read 2,699,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Some of y'all sound like a bunch of giggling school boys who found their dad's playboy stash.

Women can be completely competent AND sexual.
She is the product of the Democratic Party "casting couch" who couldn't get hired on merit.

Unqualified Hillary Clinton did the same thing when she latched on to Bill Clinton.

Last edited by Annandale_Man; 03-24-2021 at 01:14 PM..

Old 03-24-2021, 01:30 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,404,556 times
Default Proof that extreme liberal minds are completely delusional

Kamala Harris and Bill Clinton will be leading a discussion on 'Empowering Women' sponsored by the Clinton Foundation. It will be held virtually--thankfully--so that no actual woman will be in the physical presence of Bill Clinton.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kam...powering-women

Proof that the loyalty to Democrats like Hillary Clinton comes with an extremely high price tag--one's integrity and sanity.

I wonder if they will outline the policies for trading sex for career advancements.

Last edited by Fern435; 03-24-2021 at 01:38 PM..

Old 03-24-2021, 01:42 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
At least according to two biased RW web sites.
Do you have any links that refute this?

Old 03-24-2021, 02:23 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
"Moral" of the story: If you are a woman aspiring to build a career, never have a relationship with a man more successful or powerful than yourself, however brief, or 20 years later you will still be accused of "sleeping your way to the top."

Quite the reach there, but no, that isn't what we are saying. There's enough proof out there that shows Kamala laid up in bed to achieve a few of her goals and had no issues with it. You're deflection due to liking her is exactly that: emotions clouding your judgement and logic.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:28 PM

9,447 posts, read 5,208,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
The men get called out by #metoo and many have lost their jobs, families, and are in jail.
Except Willie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies