Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 06:27 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,354 times

Advertisements

Did you catch what Joe said about the English driving his family out of Ireland...Ouch!!!...So much for that diplomacy. I guess he doesn't talk to the Queen much (?).

I guess we can look forward to Meghan Markle being appointed ambassador to the UK..."That would get them Joe !"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 07:02 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,434,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Did you catch what Joe said about the English driving his family out of Ireland...Ouch!!!...So much for that diplomacy. I guess he doesn't talk to the Queen much (?).

I guess we can look forward to Meghan Markle being appointed ambassador to the UK..."That would get them Joe !"
More Anti-British sentiment, along the same lines as Obama who made accusations regarding the treatment of his grandfather by the British in Kenya, which turned out to be nonsense.

Biden's family left Ireland in 1840, and the world was a very different place back then, and the US Civil War hadn't even taken place.

'Brits' forced my ancestor to flee Ireland: Joe Biden - Belfast Telegraph

The truth is Biden's ancestors were not just Irish, and he is even related to a former London Bus Driver from Peckham in South London.

JOE BIDEN: NEW US PRESIDENT’S GREAT UNCLE WAS PECKHAM BUS DRIVER, COUSIN REVEALS - Southwark News

As for the next US Ambassador to the UK, it's tipped to be former Disney boss Bob Iger, which makes sense given Biden and Obama's fairytale stories regarding their ancestors.

Disney boss Bob Iger linked to UK ambassador role as streaming service hits 100m users - City AM

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-26-2021 at 07:12 AM..

Old 03-26-2021, 07:04 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,568,743 times
I'll put this right up at #1 on my list of concerns, thanks for alerting me to this grave situation.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:08 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Obiden is a serial liar. Put this one right up there with Corn Pop and his Law School ranking.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:11 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,782,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Obiden is a serial liar. Put this one right up there with Corn Pop and his Law School ranking.
And his involvement as a civil rights activist in the 60s.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:18 AM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
More Anti-British sentiment, along the same lines as Obama who made accusations regarding the treatment of his grandfather by the British in Kenya, which turned out to be nonsense.

Biden's family left Ireland in 1840, and the world was a very different place back then, and the US Civil War hadn't even taken place.

'Brits' forced my ancestor to flee Ireland: Joe Biden - Belfast Telegraph

The truth is Biden's ancestors were not just Irish, and he is even related to a former London Bus Driver from Peckham in South London.

JOE BIDEN: NEW US PRESIDENT’S GREAT UNCLE WAS PECKHAM BUS DRIVER, COUSIN REVEALS - Southwark News

As for the next US Ambassador to the UK, it's tipped to be former Disney boss Bob Iger, which makes sense given Biden and Obama's fairytale stories regarding their ancestors.

Disney boss Bob Iger linked to UK ambassador role as streaming service hits 100m users - City AM
If it offers you any consolation. My direct forfathers were Scottish jacobins. They were sent into bondage and indentured servitude to the Caribbean Island of Barbados by the order of oliver Cromwell.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:23 AM

962 posts, read 540,613 times
Will someone please think of the English!!!

Last edited by midnight_thunder; 03-26-2021 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: sarcasm

Old 03-26-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
If it offers you any consolation. My direct forfathers were Scottish jacobins. They were sent into bondage and indentured servitude to the Caribbean Island of Barbados by the order of oliver Cromwell.

Cromwell won a bloody civil war which killed a higher percentage of the population than both world wars.

It's easy for Biden to paint this romantic Irish narrative, however just across the Irish Sea is Liverpool in England, where the average male life expectancy in the 1840's was 26 years old, and other industrial cities were not much better. So times were very different back then.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:28 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

I'm British - I don't see the problem. What we did to the Irish was reprehensible.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I'm British - I don't see the problem. What we did to the Irish was reprehensible.
I am British and live in Britain and my family were from Ireland, and personally I think Biden should not be coming out with such sentiments regarding an ally.

I am also sure many things in US history are reprehensible, however you wouldn't expect a British PM to come out with a similar statement in relation to the US.

I also wouldn't expect a US President to constantly attack Germany for the holocaust or Russia for Stalin's purges or China for what happened under Mao.

Vietnam saw more bombs dropped on it than during the whole of WW2, then there was Napalm, Agent Orange and more recently double tap drones strikes.

The US also as a history relating to native American Indians right through to the Jim Crow Laws, and there is an old adage that people in glass houses should not throw stones,.

I would suggest that as a national leader Biden shows more tact and diplomacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies