Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2021, 07:59 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Maybe google-copy-paste is broken.
LOL..... can't rep you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 04:29 AM

1,844 posts, read 2,423,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Where does it say they are in danger of dying where they currently are? Obviously the St. Vincent authorities think it is safe to vaccinate people.
Read the paper. St. Vincent has a volcano which is 'bout to 'splode.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:45 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_sm1th73 View Post
Read the paper. St. Vincent has a volcano which is 'bout to 'splode.
However, the entire island was not evacuated.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:01 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Noami Wolf had been barred from Twitter. https://www.theepochtimes.com/former...tm_campaign=gp

Quote:
Former Bill Clinton adviser and author Naomi Wolf, who has been critical of vaccine passports and media coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic, has been permanently suspended from Twitter, according to the firm.

A spokesperson for Twitter told media outlets that Wolf, who authored the feminist book “The Beauty Myth,” was suspended because, according to the spokesperson, she shared misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines. The Epoch Times has contacted the San Francisco-based social media company for comment.

When attempting to access Wolf’s account on Twitter, it displays the typical boilerplate message: “Account suspended … Twitter suspends accounts which violate the Twitter Rules.” She had amassed more than 140,000 followers over the years.

While some prominent, verified Twitter users applauded the move and claimed it was needed because Wolf allegedly foisted “anti-vaccine” claims, some asserted that Twitter’s move is further evidence of social media companies’ chilling effect on free speech.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:33 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Noami Wolf had been barred from Twitter. https://www.theepochtimes.com/former...tm_campaign=gp
It’s so ridiculous. The censorship is only going to make people distrust the vaccine and the medical authorities even more.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:40 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s so ridiculous. The censorship is only going to make people distrust the vaccine and the medical authorities even more.
Mmm...

Recent tweets before her ban called the vaccine a "software platform that can receive uploads", that urine and feces from vaccinated people should be separated in case it affected non vaccinated people, and that she heard an Apple employee say that the vaccine contained "nanoparticles" that would enable time travel.

I don't think reasonable people are going to distrust the vaccine based on her ramblings.

She is insane and should seek help, rather than have her departure from reality broadcast on social media.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Mmm...

Recent tweets before her ban called the vaccine a "software platform that can receive uploads", that urine and feces from vaccinated people should be separated in case it affected non vaccinated people, and that she heard an Apple employee say that the vaccine contained "nanoparticles" that would enable time travel.

I don't think reasonable people are going to distrust the vaccine based on her ramblings.

She is insane and should seek help, rather than have her departure from reality broadcast on social media.
There is no way for anyone to verify if what you’re saying is true since Twitter ended her account. Even if she did say some crazy things, debate makes more sense than censorship. She seems like a pretty sane person based on everything I’ve read from her over the years.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:14 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There is no way for anyone to verify if what you’re saying is true since Twitter ended her account. Even if she did say some crazy things, debate makes more sense than censorship. She seems like a pretty sane person based on everything I’ve read from her over the years.
I mean, read any article about her banning, they have screen captures of the tweets. But I suppose your next argument will be "fake news".

Debate doesn't make sense when the other person's argument is not in the realm of reality. I don't debate with flat earthers. I don't debate Holocaust deniers. I don't debate people who think the moon landing is fake. Those beliefs are empirically wrong and the people who believe them are mentally ill.

Similarly, "vaccines contain nano particles that cause time travel" is the notion of a mentally ill person.

What have you read from her over the years? Did you read her book that was withdrawn from publication after a radio interviewer informed her that the entire premise was wrong because she didn't understand the historical documents she cited?

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50153743

Old 06-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
I mean, read any article about her banning, they have screen captures of the tweets. But I suppose your next argument will be "fake news".

Debate doesn't make sense when the other person's argument is not in the realm of reality. I don't debate with flat earthers. I don't debate Holocaust deniers. I don't debate people who think the moon landing is fake. Those beliefs are empirically wrong and the people who believe them are mentally ill.

Similarly, "vaccines contain nano particles that cause time travel" is the notion of a mentally ill person.

What have you read from her over the years? Did you read her book that was withdrawn from publication after a radio interviewer informed her that the entire premise was wrong because she didn't understand the historical documents she cited?

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50153743
I will look for the articles with screenshots later.

I read a couple of her books in college, years ago and read her book, “The End of America”. I also agreed with her on the dangers of vaccine passports.

I don’t think she is crazy.

Old 06-07-2021, 02:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
She's legit insane. Good riddance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies