Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2021, 11:06 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Sure it does. In all areas of life. It’s coercion that I have to have a drivers license to drive. Or a passport to travel overseas. Or that I have to pay taxes to stay out of jail. Or that i have to live on a certain street to send my kid to the school of my choice. Those are also coercion. You act like coercion only exists in relation to vaccines. Not hardly.
Not really the same to require documentation, like an ID card to be able to vote or drive vs requiring someone to inject themselves with a pharmaceutical product in order to live freely and normally in society. Do you not understand the distinction? Does bodily autonomy mean anything to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 11:07 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Verification of citizenship status should be part of acquiring a drivers license
. It would have to be a Federal Standard, to work

Old 04-06-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I got my vaccine at Walgreens. My hubs got his at CVS. Neither one of us was asked for ID. Only to fill out a form with self reported information.
You might have to get re-vaccinated in order to get your passport.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:09 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Good grief. The vaccine passport has ONLY information on Covid vaccination. Let’s not start pretending it would contain our entire health history even if that’s what Miss Conspiracy Theorist Wolf wants you to think.

Here’s the facts:

The idea is that you will be able to carry a QR code on your phone, likely within a digital wallet app, that can be scanned by airlines or venues and give you the green light to enter. The code should contain only relevant information — in most cases, just a confirmation that you have been vaccinated with an approved vaccine within a valid time frame. It is scanned, and voilà, you are in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sea...yriad/%3famp=1
It's not far fetched to think that the vaccine passport will crack open the door to a more broad based passport similar to the Social Credit System that's being developed and implemented in China.

Want to go to an AMC movie theatre? Present your vaccine passport.

Want to stay at the Waldorf or the Ritz? Show your vaccine passport.

I would bet a nickel that eventually every company that China has their paws in will eventually start requiring vaccine passports to be presented upon entry or purchase or use. Or maybe China's ownership in American companies won't be the tipping point at all - our government will require it on it's own. Kind of like Hollywood started self censoring their own movies before the CCP even asked.

Maybe it won't be called vaccine passports - but it will be some version of some app that holds every piece of information about a person. From health history, to credit scores, to what your average speed is when you drive.

And stupid Americans will be like, "oh, what's it matter anyway? the government and social media know everything about me anyway ... here! take the remaining bits of my privacy and my freedom."

Before you call me a conspiracy theorist - riddle me this: in 2019 if someone would've told you that the American government could come in and shut down private businesses and mandate if US citizens had a right to earn a living - would you have believed it?

I wouldn't have.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:10 AM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
You could have said No and you’d still have gotten vaccinated. Too bad you didn’t know that since CVS how has access to every aspect of your entire life and will shortly be sending you your social credit score. /sarcasm.
Wrong.

You must show ID to prove you are eligible.

What you did was illegally "skip the line" at a lazy vaccination site and you're proud of it.

Quote:
What must you show to prove eligibility: A photo ID, and if applicable, the state form proving vulnerability.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he...te/ar-BB1ehIo4

Quote:
U.S. retailers face a choice of strictly enforcing state eligibility rules with on-site identity checks, or rely on an honor system that could allow people to ignore those guidelines
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29K15N

Old 04-06-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
It's not far fetched to think that the vaccine passport will crack open the door to a more broad based passport similar to the Social Credit System that's being developed and implemented in China.

Want to go to an AMC movie theatre? Present your vaccine passport.

Want to stay at the Waldorf or the Ritz? Show your vaccine passport.

I would bet a nickel that eventually every company that China has their paws in will eventually start requiring vaccine passports to be presented upon entry or purchase or use. Or maybe China's ownership in American companies won't be the tipping point at all - our government will require it on it's own. Kind of like Hollywood started self censoring their own movies before the CCP even asked.

Maybe it won't be called vaccine passports - but it will be some version of some app that holds every piece of information about a person. From health history, to credit scores, to what your average speed is when you drive.

And stupid Americans will be like, "oh, what's it matter anyway? the government and social media know everything about me anyway ... here! take the remaining bits of my privacy and my freedom."

Before you call me a conspiracy theorist - riddle me this: in 2019 if someone would've told you that the American government could come in and shut down private businesses and mandate if US citizens had a right to earn a living - would you have believed it?

I wouldn't have.
I am so frustrated with people thinking that this cannot happen here.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:11 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Not really the same to require documentation, like an ID card to be able to vote or drive vs requiring someone to inject themselves with a pharmaceutical product in order to live freely and normally in society. Do you not understand the distinction? Does bodily autonomy mean anything to you?
A vaccine passport is documentation. Just like an ID card. And yes bodily autonomy does mean something to me and I would protest in the street if the government wanted to forcibly vaccinate people.

That the unvaxxed may have consequences for their CHOICE not to vax doesn’t bother me in the least. They get to CHOOSE. That’s what CHOICE is about, the right to CHOOSE. Not the right to avoid consequences.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
A vaccine passport is documentation. Just like an ID card. And yes bodily autonomy does mean something to me and I would protest in the street if the government wanted to forcibly vaccinate people.

That the unvaxxed may have consequences for their CHOICE not to vax doesn’t bother me in the least. They get to CHOOSE. That’s what CHOICE is about, the right to CHOOSE. Not the right to avoid consequences.
You can’t get a vaccine passport without getting injected. People shouldn’t be faced with unnatural consequences for not wanting to inject themselves with a foreign substance. You would not protest in the street against forced vaccinations because you are supporting them with this kind of thing. You don’t seem to know what choice means.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:15 AM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
That's correct. Even to get global entry (skip immigration lines), you have to answer personal questions and attend an interview.

Democrats abuse power like a fat person snores: it's going to happen.

Putting HIPAA violations on a damn passport that anyone can see, is absurd. Might as well put your bank account, social security number, and credit score on there too.

Just to be safe...

Old 04-06-2021, 11:17 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wrong.

You must show ID to prove you are eligible.

What you did was illegally "skip the line" at a lazy vaccination site and you're proud of it.

The
[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/here-s-what-you-need-to-show-at-every-covid-19-vaccine-site/ar-BB1ehIo4[/m

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29K15N
Wrong again. I did not skip the line in any way. I truthfully filled out the form presented to me by a Walgreens employee.

Let’s see what Walgreen’s website has to say about ID:

Patients that are unable or unwilling to provide a valid government issued ID card will not be turned away from receiving the vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies