Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2021, 08:55 PM

3,074 posts, read 1,307,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I don't understand how corporate leaders, whose companies prosper due to our capitalist system, have all become so painfully, nauseatingly woke. Did someone put something in the Coke that was served at their last meeting? Or did the oxygen supply go haywire on the chartered Delta plane that was taking them there?
I don’t think any of them truly feel the way they spoke. They just did it to avoid negative media news and attacks from these insane left wing groups. They likely are all hardcore Republican voters in reality

Old 04-03-2021, 09:10 PM

34,257 posts, read 18,628,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So removing the secretary of state from the board, allowing state legislators to remove members of the board of elections and a decrease in the time to file for early voting are common sense. If that was the case then Michigan, Arizona and Georgia would not have certified the election.

No that is anything but common sense.

What was the problem they were addressing, a rigged election.
Massive, MAIL IN VOTING FRAUD.

Old 04-03-2021, 09:56 PM

13,524 posts, read 4,326,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I don’t think any of them truly feel the way they spoke. They just did it to avoid negative media news and attacks from these insane left wing groups. They likely are all hardcore Republican voters in reality
Well shame on them. They repeat a lie and add gasoline and air to the problem. There is nothing anti-constitutional or repressive for 1 type of color skin of Americans of the Georgia Law. We have a President of the U.S. that has lied over and over to add gasoline to a state and the rule of law and you have gutless CEO's who are multi-billionaires going along. This is bad. A corporation shouldn't be in politics or dictate democratic laws to which ones they like and which one they are going to punish.

The CEO's from Coke and Delta are 2 weasels and liars. That's how they got to the top. Lying and being a weasel and turn the truth to a lie. MLB Commissioner just backed stab MLB and the ratings will go down and many owners will demand his resignation, just watch.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:09 PM

3,631 posts, read 3,423,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Coke is the last company that should weigh-in on this. The gall for the CEO to come on tv (seems that he just move to America) and just say B.S. after B.S. is beyond me. Delta is another one. They ask I.D. to get in their planes. Is that Jim Crow on steroids? the joke of these people is amazing.
Isn't showing an ID required any time you get on a flight, no matter what airline? I'm sure it's not just Delta; it's also Southwest, British Airways, Air Canada, and so on. I think the last time that I didn't have to show ID to board a flight of any carrier, was 1988.

And Coke? It's a private corporation, whose shares are not held by government. Coke makes its own decisions, and speaks as it likes. Why can't it, why shouldn't it? Coca-Cola is a player in the American economy, so it should have a voice. And it does.

It seems to me that some Americans find their Bill of Rights rather problematic. That is, the Bill of Rights is not shutting up the people it should shut up (Delta Airlines and Coca-Cola, for example). Problem is, that under the First Amendment, the American people, and by extension, American corporations (including Delta Airlines and Coca-Cola), can say what they please.

I'd suggest that if you don't like that, you work on creating and getting Congress and the states to pass an amendment that overturns the First. Or, if you're not willing to do that, that you just deal.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:47 PM

13,524 posts, read 4,326,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Isn't showing an ID required any time you get on a flight, no matter what airline? I'm sure it's not just Delta; it's also Southwest, British Airways, Air Canada, and so on. I think the last time that I didn't have to show ID to board a flight of any carrier, was 1988.

And Coke? It's a private corporation, whose shares are not held by government. Coke makes its own decisions, and speaks as it likes. Why can't it, why shouldn't it? Coca-Cola is a player in the American economy, so it should have a voice. And it does.

It seems to me that some Americans find their Bill of Rights rather problematic. That is, the Bill of Rights is not shutting up the people it should shut up (Delta Airlines and Coca-Cola, for example). Problem is, that under the First Amendment, the American people, and by extension, American corporations (including Delta Airlines and Coca-Cola), can say what they please.

I'd suggest that if you don't like that, you work on creating and getting Congress and the states to pass an amendment that overturns the First. Or, if you're not willing to do that, that you just deal.
That's the hypocrisy of Delta and I.D.

Coke gets subsidies by the taxpayers. Corporations shouldn't punish a state for passing a constitutional democratic law or get political. If they do, then take their subsidies away. You can't have it both ways. The US government buys poor people $6.44 billion worth of sweetened beverages per year through SNAP, the food stamp program. Coke takes a big chunk of that a year.

MLB gets anti-trust immunity by the government and they turn around and punish an opponent politically over a law that is constitutional that they don't like.

they are not just exercising their free speech. They are punishing a state economically for a democratically constitutional law they disagree when they get protection by the government compared to the majority of businesses.

The Supreme Court in 1922 ruled that the league is a sport, not a business (a big joke), by holding that the sport was not engaged in interstate commerce. All corporations doing business interstates are engaged in interstate commerce and should be treated as such. If you think this is just a free speech issue then you are really naive.

Old 04-04-2021, 01:51 AM

2,450 posts, read 975,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Well this is sad to see. Can't say I'm surprised MLB caved to the woke left... Hopefully the numbers tank this year (regarding how many people watch it).

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Thoughts?
You guys wanna know what the hilarious thing about this is. No one has actually bothered to read this voter bill. The woke poooolice key in on one or two things. I did. Do you know what I did next? Well, after Biden ranted incoherently during his only press conference I looked up Deleware voter laws, read some text, and compared the bills. I discovered that Deleware has, even more, restrive voter laws on the books for years than this new bill signed into law in Georgia. More low information people on the left be steered by emotion than actual facts with an illegitimate, Alzheimers patient at the head of the conga-line leading the country over a cliff.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:34 AM

17,642 posts, read 17,750,513 times
Wish I could say I’m boycotting the MLB but I gave up on them in the late 70s.

Old 04-04-2021, 03:56 AM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times
That's fine with me. There are other places the All-Star Game can be played.

Old 04-04-2021, 03:59 AM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Wish I could say I’m boycotting the MLB but I gave up on them in the late 70s.
I'm not boycotting MLB. I'm going to keep watching MLB. And why the 1970s? The late 1970s gave us "The Family".

Old 04-04-2021, 04:29 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,283,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
You guys wanna know what the hilarious thing about this is. No one has actually bothered to read this voter bill. The woke poooolice key in on one or two things. I did. Do you know what I did next? Well, after Biden ranted incoherently during his only press conference I looked up Deleware voter laws, read some text, and compared the bills. I discovered that Deleware has, even more, restrive voter laws on the books for years than this new bill signed into law in Georgia. More low information people on the left be steered by emotion than actual facts with an illegitimate, Alzheimers patient at the head of the conga-line leading the country over a cliff.
Imagine if these same people took the same type of position towards eminent domain. “OMG, the government can step in and seize the house of black and brown people and nothing can be done.”

And yes, it’s true. And you then have to sue for compensation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.