Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 04:41 PM

558 posts, read 338,409 times

Advertisements

New Jersey, New York. Took forever, but we are in, on to Berlin.

New Mexico and Virginia are in the works.

South Carolina mustache guy is not happy. At least they never declared sedition.

S.C. bill isn’t about medicine; it’s about legalizing marijuana in our state| Op-Ed (yahoo.com)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 04:44 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Also, thankfully anti-weed crusader Krisiti Noem was not successful in preventing the voters initiative legalizing medical cannabis from going into effect in SD on July 1st, through the rec one is still pending in the state Supreme Court.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:34 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
New Jersey, New York. Took forever, but we are in, on to Berlin.

New Mexico and Virginia are in the works.

South Carolina mustache guy is not happy. At least they never declared sedition.

S.C. bill isn’t about medicine; it’s about legalizing marijuana in our state| Op-Ed (yahoo.com)
Hey- if you want to ruin your life, go ahead and do it.

I don't smoke, drink, or use drugs (I don't even use caffeine). Why? Life is too interesting to lapse into a drug induced "escape" and miss out on reality. Besides, as a physician, I owe it to my patients to show up awake, alert, and able to think.

"Escapes" are for losers who cannot cope with life. Take a vacation to a national park if you are stressed or go for a walk!

Old 04-04-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey- if you want to ruin your life, go ahead and do it.

I don't smoke, drink, or use drugs (I don't even use caffeine). Why? Life is too interesting to lapse into a drug induced "escape" and miss out on reality. Besides, as a physician, I owe it to my patients to show up awake, alert, and able to think.

"Escapes" are for losers who cannot cope with life. Take a vacation to a national park if you are stressed or go for a walk!
As a physician, you should recognize that humans are unique enough to deal with stress in different ways.

Cannabis is an incredible drug for stress relief (even DURING a hike through a national park), much better than any "legal" drug you might prescribe to your patients for stress.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:55 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I am for legalizing drug-use for adults.

But I am also for people using logic, reason and common-sense when running their lives. Do not do a drug of any sort, without realizing that you must use moderation.......you run the very real risk of getting addicted and seriously wrecking your life.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:14 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Escapes" are for losers who cannot cope with life. Take a vacation to a national park if you are stressed
Going to a national park uses excessive carbon, alternatively you could take a trip without leaving the living room.

I don't know if you all have noticed, but THC is sold nationwide now (except Idaho), it's just rebranded as Delta 8 THC, a slightly different chemical from Delta 9 THC, the traditional active component in cannabis. I recently bought some here in Georgia and aside from being cheaper than CO edibles and feeling slightly less mentally racing, is pretty much the same. Given the current environment, especially with Chuck Schumer announcing he wants decriminalization, most all of America will have not illegal weed this year through analogues like this.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:14 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
People can do what they want but I don't want to wind up paying the consequences for their actions that wouldn't have been except for pandering 'legalitzation' measures. Legal does not mean safe. They are two different things.

The 'war on drugs' involved a lot of criminals, not political victims. Many of these illegal dealers knowingly violated the law include using murder, theft, bribery etc as a tool. Same for many a junky. Yes there were excesses on both sides but the participants including some of the most selfish/ends justify the means people on the planet. Not everyone was/is a martyr, symbol, victim etc.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
My guess is, the Supreme Court will flat out refuse to hear ANY drug related case...mainly because it will not only apply to Marijuana, (A Supreme Court ruling on drugs will impact ALL drug laws), and there is ZERO chance of our govt allowing that to happen....Just watch, they will come up some 'rational' explanation why the Supreme Court cannot hear a drug law case!

Personally it makes me sick to my stomach to know my hard earned tax dollars are going to fund the DEA and other narco law enforcement...when these scum bags work directly for the drug cartels, this should disgust every American citizen.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
My guess is, the Supreme Court will flat out refuse to hear ANY drug related case...mainly because it will not only apply to Marijuana, (A Supreme Court ruling on drugs will impact ALL drug laws), and there is ZERO chance of our govt allowing that to happen....Just watch, they will come up some 'rational' explanation why the Supreme Court cannot hear a drug law case!

Personally it makes me sick to my stomach to know my hard earned tax dollars are going to fund the DEA and other narco law enforcement...when these scum bags work directly for the drug cartels, this should disgust every American citizen.
Of course, that’s why rec weed legalization is now almost 70%. Time for R pols to stop obstructing, you’ve got no family values ground to stand on after Trump, and this is what the people want.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Of course, that’s why rec weed legalization is now almost 70%. Time for R pols to stop obstructing, you’ve got no family values ground to stand on after Trump, and this is what the people want.
Those that support keeping drug laws in place can CERTAINLY NOT claim any great family values...considering those laws benefit and cater to the drug cartels...ID like to see someone explain to their kids why they support tough drug laws..."Well Jimmy dear, without these laws in place the brutally violent cartels would be forced out of business, so we cannot have that".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies