Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 07:37 PM

1,162 posts, read 457,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Biden took over a government in disarray. Hundreds of thousands of Americans dead by ignoring a pandemic, a cyber attack on our infrastructure, a ballooning trade deficit in a trade war Trump lost, ICE in chaos after having had numerous directors over four years, some not lasting but two months and the cancellation of all large scale military exercises. Its little wonder he doesn't have time to watch TV and spend time on self-aggrandizing.
I wish Biden would spend more time watching tv and not destroying the country

Old 04-08-2021, 07:47 PM

43,184 posts, read 18,329,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I wonder if he actually has a stroke if they would still try to cover it up.
Think "Weekend at Bernie's".....they pulled it off.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:49 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,235,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
No, I'm not talking about the way Trump and his followers tried to mock Biden for prudently keeping a lower profile while Trump ranted maniacally.

This is Frank Bruni's column about how Biden is becoming presidential in a way that Trump never did, never could, and that it may end up, beyond anyone's expectations, being a transformational presidency.

Where did Joe Biden go?
The garrulous gaffe artist has been replaced by a disciplined policymaker.

By Frank Bruni

But it will be transformational to the extent that it's unlike any presidency that anyone would have predicted for Biden. It'll be transformational to the degree that he approaches it in an un-Biden-like fashion — with his head down, his comments proscribed and his focus precise...

That's how he vanquished Donald Trump — by not babbling too much, not taking the bait, tamping down his ego and making his quest about what Americans needed from whoever became their president, not about what an amazing president he in particular would be. He was less showboat than tugboat, humbly poised to pull us out of perilous waters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/o...president.html

https://www.startribune.com/where-di...-go/600036990/

https://dailyexpress.lk/activities/c...-america/7440/
did you really link to a 3 week old article from 1 guy in 3 different publications?

We're approaching the 100-day mark, long hailed by politicians and their sycophants as some meaningful benchmark.

What has wily old Joe done with it? Gotten a 3rd (or is it 4th?) Covid bill passed?

Old 04-08-2021, 07:50 PM

43,184 posts, read 18,329,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Perhaps you didn't notice the words "will be"?

And, screwed up? A lot of people are pretty happy so far, despite Rep attempts to undermine.

Actually, if you kept up on the news, you'd know that Carter is being re-evaluated as a pretty good, under-rated president.
I guess it's to make Biden look good.

Carter was a forgettable President. He was a good guy but a horrible President.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:55 PM

7,158 posts, read 4,750,843 times
His disaster at the border is enough crapola for a couple of years.
He's got to revert back to Trump's policy and admitted that.
His VP dissed him after he appointed her as the one in charge.
How embarrassing for him.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:12 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,994,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow!

There must have been extra rations of kool-aid today.

Only a blind, partisan democrat would call Biden's first few months "transformational". Biden has screwed up everything he has touched and looks like a complete moron.

Let's face it- Obama is calling all the shots and the major screw ups (border disaster, killing the energy sector, advancing tranny agendas, and race baiting) are pure Obama.

This has been the most divisive beginning of a presidency in memory. What is worse is Biden promised to unify.The border is a humanitarian disaster and gas prices are through the roof. Next comes massive job killing taxes.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:16 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,994,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I guess it's to make Biden look good.

Carter was a forgettable President. He was a good guy but a horrible President.

I voted for Carter. I learned my lesson and never voted for a democrat for president again. Carter was the worst president in most of our lives until Obama took that title away. Biden looks like he plans to be the worst of all.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:58 PM

45,247 posts, read 26,482,257 times
Gag

Old 04-08-2021, 09:10 PM

22,484 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Dang! So many great posts in this thread and I ran out of rep.

Frank Bruni is an op-ed writer who used to be the NYT's food critic. His take on Biden is laughable.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:14 PM

20,881 posts, read 9,563,933 times
From the OP, excerpted from the article:
Quote:
But it will be transformational to the extent that it's unlike any presidency that anyone would have predicted for Biden. It'll be transformational to the degree that he approaches it in an un-Biden-like fashion — with his head down, his comments proscribed and his focus precise...
As I said ... it is too early to tell if Biden will be "transformational" or not. The author of the article is speculating about something he cannot know yet. He's been in office less than 3 months and thus it is too early to tell much about anything.

So, once again, as I said ... "It is much too early to say much about Biden's ultimate success ..."

Not sure why that's hard to understand. Maybe the author will turn out to be right, and maybe not. I can neither agree nor disagree with the author when he has a 50-50 chance of being correct.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-14-2021 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies