Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 04:48 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Facts lacking context are often meaningless.

Blacks and white use drugs equally as often, but blacks are disproportionately pulled over, illegally searched, charged and convicted.

It is impossible for that to occur any way other then discrimination.

In fact police are more often to find drugs when searching white cars, so if their motive was to arrest more drug users, they are very bad at profiling.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ite-drivers-2/

Blacks are not involving themselves more with police than whites.

Police are involving themselves more with blacks.
Apply what ever "context" you want that will make you feel better, but the facts don't change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 04:51 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
So they were redlined when white people still lived there? Ok, then redlining in not a racist scheme to keep black people down. Can’t have it both ways. And neither can NPR.
Blacks were not allowed to buy in suburbs. They were restricted to urban areas. Redling involves more than what you seem to be familiar with. It was never just not insuring based on any factor other than race. It was never about 'risky' neighborhood due to crime stats or anything other than the color of skin.

It was put into deed restrictions that blacks could never buy in suburbs. Allowing a black person or family to buy put everyone's FHA status at risk.

Integrated housing was torn down. Segregated housing went up. The goal was to keep the races separate, and the best neighborhoods reserved for whites only.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:52 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agree. Why is it that civilians are seemingly being asked to de-escalate adrenaline-fueled cops?
I've thought about something. Part of me wonders if there is a mentality of "we need cops more than we need civilians ".

Old 04-14-2021, 04:54 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Apply what ever "context" you want that will make you feel better, but the facts don't change.
The facts are that police target blacks more often then whites and so yes, they are going to find more crime among the people they are targeting than among the ones they are leaving alone.

That does not mean they are committing more crime.

I could carry a kilo around for the rest of my life and never get caught with it because police are not going to search my car w/o probable cause, as they do to blacks all the time.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
The facts are that police target blacks more often then whites and so yes, they are going to find more crime among the people they are targeting than among the ones they are leaving alone.

I could carry a kilo around for the rest of my life and never get caught with it because police are not going to search my car w/o probable cause, as they do to blacks all the time.
So are you saying that the riots (excuse me.... "mostly peaceful protests")..... are justified?

Old 04-14-2021, 04:59 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Armbands or little stars are not needed to differentiate white people from black people.

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/03/52665...egated-america
Good thing it's 2021, not 1933.

Welcome to 21st century.

Believe it or not, in the 21st century black people can live with white people if they so desire. Shocking i know.

Like that BLM activist who bought her $1.4 million home in Topanga to live with white people.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:59 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Blacks were not allowed to buy in suburbs. They were restricted to urban areas. Redling involves more than what you seem to be familiar with. It was never just not insuring based on any factor other than race. It was never about 'risky' neighborhood due to crime stats or anything other than the color of skin.

It was put into deed restrictions that blacks could never buy in suburbs. Allowing a black person or family to buy put everyone's FHA status at risk.

Integrated housing was torn down. Segregated housing went up. The goal was to keep the races separate, and the best neighborhoods reserved for whites only.
True. And to me, it boils down to this: Many people simply didn't want Black people in society. Since Black people couldn't be deported, the next thing to do was make sure Black people were kept at a distance from the rest of society. This is why the U.S. military was segregated up to WWII, and why Black soldiers frequently sound themselves excluded from the G.I. Bill, and even assaulted or killed once back into civilian society.

Segregation housing was meant to keep Blacks from being part of the larger American society. It was also meant to ensure Blacks would remain in positions of inferiority and subservience.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:01 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Alleged.
Yes, alleged. If he was arrested he'd have to face those charges. He didn't want to the first time and he didn't want to this time.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:01 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:

Whatever reason they come into contact with Police, they aren't disproportionately killed when that occurs. Divert all you like.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:02 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:

I'm sure your have stats and proof that this statement is true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies